IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,967 reviews

Blue Chip brand that opens a lot of sales channels. Incredibly smart and talented workforce. Diversity is valued.

Business model and processes overly complex. Innovative but slow relative to the competition. Software and Services Groups structures divided. Difficult to things done

Pros

Brand. Talented people. Diversity. Remote work environment. Education.

Cons

Low regard for people-expendable, Unrealistic goals, Organization bureaucracy, Tries to be good at everything, but not excellent at anything, Very distinct and unconnected software and service cultures

Professional and practical work place

Very good and competitive, company culture is very good as well. Parking is free which is a bonus and the office location is good as well. Management is good as well as they give a lot of work flexibility. In my short stint is is really good.

Datastage jobs and migration

Good management is OK It was insurance project for Aus.I have developed many jobs. Workplace was OK I have learned python,atstage,management skills. Worked as a Data specialist.

Work life balance - excellent

Good Company to work, Loads of global expertise available New cloud technology Service oriented organization. Artificial Intelligent, Block Chain, Cognitive technologies

Fast paced yet disciplined environment

Highly professional environment with an effective and disciplined management culture. Provides a great depth of people resources with a high level of technical competence that can be sourced and deployed onto critical projects.

Fun work place

Worked with a remarkable team, my IT skills have improved, and I developed a great understanding of IT culture. But unfortunate, IBM NZ just focus on business support.

Great

Had a blast from day one working with some really cool people, started out only knowing a little about unix. but within a couple of days felt very comfortable.

A bit boring but no complaints

I worked as a customer service rep. The work was a bit boring and at time stressful. Management was ok. Was a good starting point for my career. Would not want to stay for long though.

fun and learning workplace

• Accountable for answering all incoming customer calls. • Simultaneously maintaining & preserving the quality of the call by providing the accurate and updated information. • Maintain daily MIS updating into online reporting software. • Achieve team targets by working in harmony and preserving team spirit.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

late working hours

Glenn Dudding continually over acheived every 4 years.

Glenn worked very well at IBM. Responsibilities STG Client Systems Manager. Selling System x, Storage (HW & SW) and Power (until 2012). Responsible for identifying and owning the opportunities and to progress the deals to a close. Glenn’s selling skills are directly to the end users requirements. Understanding and selling the compelling benefits, as well as his very high work rate, are Glenn’s strengths. Glenn is trusted and works well in conjunction with Business Partners and Distributors. More strategically Glenn is very active in educating the Distributors and Business Partners in the IBM Smarter Computing Strategy and compelling benefits with the STG products. This excited the channel to sell more. Glenn also learnt the Deal Registration process to create desire in the Business Partners to sell more by making more margin. The CSM role also involves growing IBM into competitive accounts. Glenn actively works direct with End Users (in conjunction with BP) to understand business challenges and the impacts to business. Then presents and creates documents to assist the Customer business case. Achievements Strengths Won the ‘Hundred Percent Club’ and Sales Eminence Award for 2012. Achieved 115% of target for 2012 (120% 1H and 110% 2H). Achieved 103% of 1H 2013. Sold first V7000 Unifieds in ANZ. Was involved in the first PureSystem sale in NZ. Was involved in the first Netezza (Big Data Analytics) sale in NZ. Passed Global Sales School. PureSystem Prometric Exam and two Top Gun courses. Very accurate Siebel and forecasting. Scored 10 in IBM Client Value Assessment Transaction -

Pros

IBM invested well in Glenn

Cons

Hard work, but very rewarding

Among the Best in the World to work for, competitive with Amazon, Dell, Google, HP, Microsoft. If you are interested in the strategic initiatives.

Best in class teammates, Super Leadership, Management, always large number of clients in the pipeline, typically innovative state of the art of leading edge deployments

Pros

As good as any other place to work

Great global experience

IBM can be as rewarding as you make it, with many employees spending their career with the company. Being such a large company, you can find some great career opportunity and growth but you need to look for it and work hard to gain the opportunities. The management structure is tough. The company is going through major changes and therefore the structure is often getting changed around. On a positive tho, I've seen those who want to do well at IBM find opportunities in these tricky times. The people are what make the company! Everyone says it and its so true with IBM. So many time I met experts from around the globe who left me with goosebumps and made proud to work some incredible intelligent, clever and lovely people. From the researchers working on cures for cancer to the local receptionist - the people are what make IBM. The most enjoyable part of my day would be coming in, catching up with colleagues over a coffee and discussing whatever campaigns we're working on. Its an informal way to share an update or work in progress.

Pros

incredible opportunities to further your career

Cons

too many audio conferences out of office hours

Beautiful place to work at

The work/life balance is good Learned windows servers, active directory etc Management is good Co-workers cooperative The benefits of the Job. The medical and retirement facilities.

Excellent worldwide company.

Good culture, good team work, good environment, close cooperation with clients. Agile delivery mode. Learned a lot on project management and team work for different projects.

Excellent workplace and great people to work for.

No two days are the same and was surrounded by subject matter experts with whom I shared and learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was swithcing between projects but this worked well as that gave me an opportunity to learn more and use some of my experiences.

Pros

Casual yet business like environment

Cons

Contract work, wish it was permanent

Good at work life balance and an equal opportnity employer

Typical work day at IBM is quite busy specially when the project starts. Work should be documented properly and all processes are in place like change management, stake holder meetings and daily huddle to discuss the status of the project. Co workers are quite good and very respectful. Management is very much open to suggestions and to discuss issues in the work place. The hardest part of the job is when the client wanted to fast track the project which means that the schedule will have to be fast tracked as well and we need to adjust to pull in the timelines. The most enjoyable part is that I am working with a competent team and very much professional.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

After hours work at times

Work

Its over all good place... learned could concepts and sql 2012, 2014, and more process oriented concepts.. good to learn and implement new technology and skills. training and policies are good, timing is fine, need bit more entertainment activities.

Pros

Work balance

Cons

Not sure

amazing employer

analysis, stakeholder requirements. problem solving, time management

Fun

fun place to work and learn valuable skills, great place to get foot in the door.

Structural and

IBM are subcontracted by AIRNZ to handle part of their CRM. I am a delivery sales consultant over the phone - answer to AIRNZ customers and help with their domestic, short haul and a variety of other inquiries. I am increasing my software and technical skills on a daily basis. I manage situations and take definitive decisions. I am an effective team player who tries to help team members. Hardest part about the job is dealing with an escalated situation where my help is denied when I know it can be of a customers' benefits. Most enjoyable part is achieving what customers want and knowing I have done it efficiently.

Great place to work for

Management and people were easy to deal and work with. It was quite fun working for this company. Good balance of inspiring work and fun place. Work was really interesting.

Pros

Interesting work, great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

10.5K