IBM Employee Reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 28,018 reviews
Work life balance - excellent
IT Specialist, Hybrid Services (Current Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand17 November 2019
Good Company to work,
Loads of global expertise available
New cloud technology
Service oriented organization.
Artificial Intelligent, Block Chain, Cognitive technologies
Fast paced yet disciplined environment
Deployment Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington New Zealand17 September 2019
Highly professional environment with an effective and disciplined management culture. Provides a great depth of people resources with a high level of technical competence that can be sourced and deployed onto critical projects.
Fun work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Auckland18 April 2019
Worked with a remarkable team, my IT skills have improved, and I developed a great understanding of IT culture.
But unfortunate, IBM NZ just focus on business support.
Great
Technical Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  east coast2 August 2018
Had a blast from day one working with some really cool people, started out only knowing a little about unix. but within a couple of days felt very comfortable.
A bit boring but no complaints
Delivery Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland20 February 2018
I worked as a customer service rep. The work was a bit boring and at time stressful. Management was ok. Was a good starting point for my career. Would not want to stay for long though.
fun and learning workplace
Customer care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Customer care Specialist17 December 2017
• Accountable for answering all incoming customer calls.
• Simultaneously maintaining & preserving the quality of the call by providing the accurate and updated information.
• Maintain daily MIS updating into online reporting software.
• Achieve team targets by working in harmony and preserving team spirit.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late working hours
Glenn Dudding continually over acheived every 4 years.
Glenn worked very well at IBM.

Responsibilities STG Client Systems Manager. Selling System x, Storage (HW & SW) and Power (until 2012). Responsible for identifying and owning the opportunities and to progress the deals to a close. Glenn’s selling skills are directly to the end users requirements. Understanding and selling the compelling benefits, as well as his very high work rate, are Glenn’s strengths. Glenn is trusted and works well in conjunction with Business Partners and Distributors. More strategically Glenn is very active in educating the Distributors and Business Partners in the IBM Smarter Computing Strategy and compelling benefits with the STG products. This excited the channel to sell more. Glenn also learnt the Deal Registration process to create desire in the Business Partners to sell more by making more margin. The CSM role also involves growing IBM into competitive accounts. Glenn actively works direct with End Users (in conjunction with BP) to understand business challenges and the impacts to business. Then presents and creates documents to assist the Customer business case.
Achievements Strengths Won the ‘Hundred Percent Club’ and Sales Eminence Award for 2012. Achieved 115% of target for 2012 (120% 1H and 110% 2H). Achieved 103% of 1H 2013. Sold first V7000 Unifieds in ANZ. Was involved in the first PureSystem sale in NZ. Was involved in the first Netezza (Big Data Analytics) sale in NZ. Passed Global Sales School. PureSystem Prometric Exam and two Top Gun courses. Very accurate Siebel and forecasting. Scored 10 in IBM Client Value Assessment Transaction
  more... Survey noted by IBM ANZ Managing Director. Glenn has very trusted relationships with many of New Zealand’s companies.  less
Pros
IBM invested well in Glenn
Cons
Hard work, but very rewarding
Great global experience
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand4 January 2017
IBM can be as rewarding as you make it, with many employees spending their career with the company. Being such a large company, you can find some great career opportunity and growth but you need to look for it and work hard to gain the opportunities.

The management structure is tough. The company is going through major changes and therefore the structure is often getting changed around. On a positive tho, I've seen those who want to do well at IBM find opportunities in these tricky times.

The people are what make the company! Everyone says it and its so true with IBM. So many time I met experts from around the globe who left me with goosebumps and made proud to work some incredible intelligent, clever and lovely people. From the researchers working on cures for cancer to the local receptionist - the people are what make IBM.

The most enjoyable part of my day would be coming in, catching up with colleagues over a coffee and discussing whatever campaigns we're working on. Its an informal way to share an update or work in progress.
Pros
incredible opportunities to further your career
Cons
too many audio conferences out of office hours
Beautiful place to work at
Senior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Auckland3 January 2017
The work/life balance is good
Learned windows servers, active directory etc
Management is good
Co-workers cooperative
The benefits of the Job.
The medical and retirement facilities.
Excellent worldwide company.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland8 November 2016
Good culture, good team work, good environment, close cooperation with clients. Agile delivery mode. Learned a lot on project management and team work for different projects.
Excellent workplace and great people to work for.
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland8 September 2016
No two days are the same and was surrounded by subject matter experts with whom I shared and learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was swithcing between projects but this worked well as that gave me an opportunity to learn more and use some of my experiences.
Pros
Casual yet business like environment
Cons
Contract work, wish it was permanent
Good at work life balance and an equal opportnity employer
Wintel System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, New Zealand19 February 2016
Typical work day at IBM is quite busy specially when the project starts. Work should be documented properly and all processes are in place like change management, stake holder meetings and daily huddle to discuss the status of the project. Co workers are quite good and very respectful. Management is very much open to suggestions and to discuss issues in the work place. The hardest part of the job is when the client wanted to fast track the project which means that the schedule will have to be fast tracked as well and we need to adjust to pull in the timelines. The most enjoyable part is that I am working with a competent team and very much professional.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
After hours work at times
Work
Sr MSSQL DBA (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N28 January 2015
Its over all good place... learned could concepts and sql 2012, 2014, and more process oriented concepts.. good to learn and implement new technology and skills. training and policies are good, timing is fine, need bit more entertainment activities.
Pros
Work balance
Cons
Not sure
amazing employer
Westpac CA Clarity PPM Admin (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N15 July 2014
analysis, stakeholder requirements. problem solving, time management
Fun
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N15 July 2014
fun place to work and learn valuable skills, great place to get foot in the door.
Structural and
Delivery Centre Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mt Wellington19 October 2013
IBM are subcontracted by AIRNZ to handle part of their CRM. I am a delivery sales consultant over the phone - answer to AIRNZ customers and help with their domestic, short haul and a variety of other inquiries. I am increasing my software and technical skills on a daily basis. I manage situations and take definitive decisions. I am an effective team player who tries to help team members. Hardest part about the job is dealing with an escalated situation where my help is denied when I know it can be of a customers' benefits. Most enjoyable part is achieving what customers want and knowing I have done it efficiently.
Great place to work for
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand20 August 2013
Management and people were easy to deal and work with. It was quite fun working for this company. Good balance of inspiring work and fun place. Work was really interesting.
Pros
Interesting work, great people
Large company with potential for growth
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  East Coast17 October 2012
A typical day is full of meetings, decision-making collecting project statuses and updating project plans. I have learned that patience and flexibility is very important when managing projects. The hardest part of being a Project Manager is delivering your project on schedule and staying within budget. The most enjoyable part of being a Project Manager is everyday is full of surprises! That's why flexibility is important.