IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Culture reviews

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,015 reviews

Blue Chip brand that opens a lot of sales channels. Incredibly smart and talented workforce. Diversity is valued.

Business model and processes overly complex. Innovative but slow relative to the competition. Software and Services Groups structures divided. Difficult to things done

Pros

Brand. Talented people. Diversity. Remote work environment. Education.

Cons

Low regard for people-expendable, Unrealistic goals, Organization bureaucracy, Tries to be good at everything, but not excellent at anything, Very distinct and unconnected software and service cultures

Professional and practical work place

Very good and competitive, company culture is very good as well. Parking is free which is a bonus and the office location is good as well. Management is good as well as they give a lot of work flexibility. In my short stint is is really good.

Fast paced yet disciplined environment

Highly professional environment with an effective and disciplined management culture. Provides a great depth of people resources with a high level of technical competence that can be sourced and deployed onto critical projects.

Fun work place

Worked with a remarkable team, my IT skills have improved, and I developed a great understanding of IT culture. But unfortunate, IBM NZ just focus on business support.

Glenn Dudding continually over acheived every 4 years.

Glenn worked very well at IBM. Responsibilities STG Client Systems Manager. Selling System x, Storage (HW & SW) and Power (until 2012). Responsible for identifying and owning the opportunities and to progress the deals to a close. Glenn’s selling skills are directly to the end users requirements. Understanding and selling the compelling benefits, as well as his very high work rate, are Glenn’s strengths. Glenn is trusted and works well in conjunction with Business Partners and Distributors. More strategically Glenn is very active in educating the Distributors and Business Partners in the IBM Smarter Computing Strategy and compelling benefits with the STG products. This excited the channel to sell more. Glenn also learnt the Deal Registration process to create desire in the Business Partners to sell more by making more margin. The CSM role also involves growing IBM into competitive accounts. Glenn actively works direct with End Users (in conjunction with BP) to understand business challenges and the impacts to business. Then presents and creates documents to assist the Customer business case. Achievements Strengths Won the ‘Hundred Percent Club’ and Sales Eminence Award for 2012. Achieved 115% of target for 2012 (120% 1H and 110% 2H). Achieved 103% of 1H 2013. Sold first V7000 Unifieds in ANZ. Was involved in the first PureSystem sale in NZ. Was involved in the first Netezza (Big Data Analytics) sale in NZ. Passed Global Sales School. PureSystem Prometric Exam and two Top Gun courses. Very accurate Siebel and forecasting. Scored 10 in IBM Client Value Assessment Transaction -

Pros

IBM invested well in Glenn

Cons

Hard work, but very rewarding

Excellent worldwide company.

Good culture, good team work, good environment, close cooperation with clients. Agile delivery mode. Learned a lot on project management and team work for different projects.

Fun

fun place to work and learn valuable skills, great place to get foot in the door.

Structural and

IBM are subcontracted by AIRNZ to handle part of their CRM. I am a delivery sales consultant over the phone - answer to AIRNZ customers and help with their domestic, short haul and a variety of other inquiries. I am increasing my software and technical skills on a daily basis. I manage situations and take definitive decisions. I am an effective team player who tries to help team members. Hardest part about the job is dealing with an escalated situation where my help is denied when I know it can be of a customers' benefits. Most enjoyable part is achieving what customers want and knowing I have done it efficiently.

Great place to work for

Management and people were easy to deal and work with. It was quite fun working for this company. Good balance of inspiring work and fun place. Work was really interesting.

Pros

Interesting work, great people

Large company with potential for growth

A typical day is full of meetings, decision-making collecting project statuses and updating project plans. I have learned that patience and flexibility is very important when managing projects. The hardest part of being a Project Manager is delivering your project on schedule and staying within budget. The most enjoyable part of being a Project Manager is everyday is full of surprises! That's why flexibility is important.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

10.5K