Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IAG Employee Reviews

New Zealand21 reviews
The training is simple/basics and very short not enough for the kind of workload of tasks that you will face once you start taking phone calls. If you make suggestions about how to be more aware of the products and issues resolution they will tell you it cannot be done because each issues is complex and different from another but QA keeps on marking you down on the same mistakrs of product mishandling.
Pros
If you like to work alone, work here because they will let you just go on your own.
Cons
1. No standard resolution 2.No one takes supervisor call 3. stressful
Good place to work, they looked after their staff. The pressure was on to acheive targets and get the work completed in a timely manner. Good management, clear objectives and guidence.
IAG is a great place to work lovely warm welcoming enviroment.
The people are awesome very helpful.

I have learnt alot within my 3 wee training to be able to do my job.
My job entails identifying debtors and making timely contact to pursue recovery while ensuring excellent customer service experience is delivered. I have learned to handle customer conflicts, objections and complaints from my experience, managing difficult customers. I have always been able to priorities my workload and ensure objectives are met within the required deadlines.
I have learned to sell debt which is an intangible product and this has given me the confidence to sell or deal with any kind of customers.
I learnt and practices more independently and self -management, developed methodically to work more effectively for my own workflow, help me to develop the problem-solving skills, logical thinking, stand up, speak out to seek help from suppliers and internal staff, create the relationship with another base on the phone and email. I also learnt how to identify and determine the liability party, calculate the quantum, and also need to patience to do the works.

It is the good opportunity to learn and grow.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
Misinformation or lack of evident
I worked in a structured, responsive and supportive working environment with friendly, diverse people in our team, for multi-tasking day to day work with positive can do attitude and a great desire to improve, learning to be agile and adjust well to change.
Pros
Corporate saving account
Cons
Nil
I was working within a team of 10-15 people.
We all had monthly targets to try and achieve.

Once I became competent at processing of documents I was taught the accounting system. Once trained in accounts I had to make sure I made the monthly target or I asked for help from other team members.

The culture was pretty good, we all worked hard and tried to have a bit of fun along the way.

The hardest part of the job was meeting the target when people were away sick or on annual leave.

The best part of my job was working in a team and feeling like I was valued.
Pros
work functions twice a year
Cons
could be stressful to meet targets
A previous role from last year at Iag Insurance.Working as a Queue manager.A previous role from last year at Iag Insurance.Working as a Queue manager. My Cv is attached for you to view at your leisure.

The role was overall easy to follow.

The role entitled over seeing the queues to ensure all calls were taken in a reasonable time.
I worked at the IAG ISG office in Christchurch. I feel their work place culture is very different. people appeared to just mind their own business, but not helpful to each other most time
Pros
good salary
Cons
hard to fit in to the work place culture
I really enjoy the challenges my job brings. I work alongside a great team who is supporting and helpful. My manager helps me with the challenges I face in my job and provides constructive feedback. IAG has a great work culture that encourages a good work/life balance
Benefits
paying accounts on time- satisfied customers
learning about Sap system we use and the shortcuts

great team management, meeting deadlines per month.

suporting one another

miscommunication and not meeting the deadline sometimes

celebrating individual & team achivements.
Pros
celabrate success, free lunch
Cons
communication breakdown with internal staff
Talking to customers and advising them about more insurance covers and how they would be beneficial for them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different people & the most hardest part was being pressed to be able to sell more insurance
Learnt alot about different areas of insurance, a very challenging but overall exciting job, great opportunities to gain experience learning new skills and developing more product knowledge everyday. Different ethnics to socialise and build rapport.
Pros
Team rewards
Cons
Auatrailian based hours
A typical day at work can involve a variation of customers in age and mood. I learned to deal with all types of situations that life throws at you and how to deal with them.

I found management approachable and easy to deal with.

The hardest part of my job was processing all the legal work for a Christchurch home.

The most enjoyable part of my job was a happy customer :)
• Perform invoice prioritization and categorisation
• Using SAP-FICO (AP) system, process 40-50 (per day) vendor invoices for urgent category and 60-80 invoices in normal category

• Perform filing of invoices in to master archives for auditing and future reference

• Attend to vendor invoice queries and provide required support over emails and calls for internal IAG reimbursements and external vendors

• Error tracking and corrections of invoices
Pros
free fruits
Cons
nothing
I managed a case load of debtors within a team environment. There was an autonomy component to the role. Very busy on phones to take inbound and make outbound calls to debtors. Hard working team environment from start of day to end of day. Targets to achieve on a personal and team basis. I love dealing with people and even though I was making arrangements to pay a debt, I always employed great customer skills and empathy within allowed guidelines. Enjoy the large team environment, helping and supporting each other, but also happy to work on my own to achieve my personal goals.
- A typical day at work involved liasing with brokers, reconciling accounts, dealing with incoming phone calls and working to deadlines.
- Over the 5 years I worked there, I learnt many things and took on more and more responsibility.

- It was a big company. My direct manager was great. She was a true role model.

- I had great colleagues and made some very close friends.

- It was a very demanding job, always meeting to deadlines but it got particularly challenging during the period of the earthquakes.

- The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with my co-workers, brokers and customers.
Pros
Fantastic staff benefits and rewards, fair pay, free staff morning teas, lunches and end of month drinks, great life/work balance, Strict with morning tea and afternoon tea breaks, overtime pay
Cons
A lot of movement in management lead to workplace instability
I learned how to interact with a large variety of customers throughout New Zealand. How to empathize with people and be a very good listener and to deliver what the customer needed.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Not enough variety of other work besides taking phone calls.
IAG is a company that are changing for a better future for future generations. With the new building of the future they were moving into at the time the arrangement of staff also changed.

The staff at IAG are all hard working and great to get along with. Everyone is willing to help each other to get the important task done.
Pros
Insurance discounts at many places, enviromently friendly new building, great team environment.
Cons
Restructure of staff
A typical day would involve getting to the office for 7.30am to pick up our schedule for the day. Then we would attend sites till around 1pm and then return to the office. The afternoon would be spent prepare the repair scopes of the sites visited. Co workers were brillaint and i learned alot from the team we had which was a varied background of construction.

Most enjoyable part was working closely with the team to provide the best scopes and also to help the customers who needed it the most.
Pros
various amounts of knowledge from a varied background of skills within the industry.
Cons
managment could have been better.
A typical day at work was productive and self fulfilling in nature
Pros
free morning teas
Cons
moderate hours