IAG Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Claim Collections Officer-Early Intervention (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury7 November 2018
My job entails identifying debtors and making timely contact to pursue recovery while ensuring excellent customer service experience is delivered. I have learned to handle customer conflicts, objections and complaints from my experience, managing difficult customers. I have always been able to priorities my workload and ensure objectives are met within the required deadlines.
I have learned to sell debt which is an intangible product and this has given me the confidence to sell or deal with any kind of customers.
productive
Claims Collection Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland30 September 2018
I learnt and practices more independently and self -management, developed methodically to work more effectively for my own workflow, help me to develop the problem-solving skills, logical thinking, stand up, speak out to seek help from suppliers and internal staff, create the relationship with another base on the phone and email. I also learnt how to identify and determine the liability party, calculate the quantum, and also need to patience to do the works.

It is the good opportunity to learn and grow.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
Misinformation or lack of evident
Great company to work for.
Business Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington5 September 2018
I worked in a structured, responsive and supportive working environment with friendly, diverse people in our team, for multi-tasking day to day work with positive can do attitude and a great desire to improve, learning to be agile and adjust well to change.
Pros
Corporate saving account
Cons
Nil
good workplace
Broker Administration - Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury11 August 2018
I was working within a team of 10-15 people.
We all had monthly targets to try and achieve.
Once I became competent at processing of documents I was taught the accounting system. Once trained in accounts I had to make sure I made the monthly target or I asked for help from other team members.
The culture was pretty good, we all worked hard and tried to have a bit of fun along the way.
The hardest part of the job was meeting the target when people were away sick or on annual leave.
The best part of my job was working in a team and feeling like I was valued.
Pros
work functions twice a year
Cons
could be stressful to meet targets
Previous - Queue Manager (Former Employee) –  Riccarton, Canterbury27 March 2018
A previous role from last year at Iag Insurance.Working as a Queue manager.A previous role from last year at Iag Insurance.Working as a Queue manager. My Cv is attached for you to view at your leisure.

The role was overall easy to follow.

The role entitled over seeing the queues to ensure all calls were taken in a reasonable time.
Very different work place culture
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury3 November 2017
I worked at the IAG ISG office in Christchurch. I feel their work place culture is very different. people appeared to just mind their own business, but not helpful to each other most time
Pros
good salary
Cons
hard to fit in to the work place culture
Great culture
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Christchurch24 June 2017
I really enjoy the challenges my job brings. I work alongside a great team who is supporting and helpful. My manager helps me with the challenges I face in my job and provides constructive feedback. IAG has a great work culture that encourages a good work/life balance
Benefits
great people to work with, great atmosphere
Accounts Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland17 May 2017
paying accounts on time- satisfied customers
learning about Sap system we use and the shortcuts
great team management, meeting deadlines per month.
suporting one another
miscommunication and not meeting the deadline sometimes
celebrating individual & team achivements.
Pros
celabrate success, free lunch
Cons
communication breakdown with internal staff
Productive place - yes
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland3 October 2016
Talking to customers and advising them about more insurance covers and how they would be beneficial for them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different people & the most hardest part was being pressed to be able to sell more insurance
productive great enviroment
Outbound Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Onehunga, Auckland29 September 2016
Learnt alot about different areas of insurance, a very challenging but overall exciting job, great opportunities to gain experience learning new skills and developing more product knowledge everyday. Different ethnics to socialise and build rapport.
Pros
Team rewards
Cons
Auatrailian based hours
Iag, the place to be
Personal Insurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland4 July 2016
A typical day at work can involve a variation of customers in age and mood. I learned to deal with all types of situations that life throws at you and how to deal with them.

I found management approachable and easy to deal with.

The hardest part of my job was processing all the legal work for a Christchurch home.

The most enjoyable part of my job was a happy customer :)
good
accounts payable officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N13 January 2016
• Perform invoice prioritization and categorisation
• Using SAP-FICO (AP) system, process 40-50 (per day) vendor invoices for urgent category and 60-80 invoices in normal category
• Perform filing of invoices in to master archives for auditing and future reference
• Attend to vendor invoice queries and provide required support over emails and calls for internal IAG reimbursements and external vendors
• Error tracking and corrections of invoices
Pros
free fruits
Cons
nothing
Busy workplace with a great learning culture
Debt Recovery Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N21 July 2015
I managed a case load of debtors within a team environment. There was an autonomy component to the role. Very busy on phones to take inbound and make outbound calls to debtors. Hard working team environment from start of day to end of day. Targets to achieve on a personal and team basis. I love dealing with people and even though I was making arrangements to pay a debt, I always employed great customer skills and empathy within allowed guidelines. Enjoy the large team environment, helping and supporting each other, but also happy to work on my own to achieve my personal goals.
Big company, great benefits, people orientated
- A typical day at work involved liasing with brokers, reconciling accounts, dealing with incoming phone calls and working to deadlines.
- Over the 5 years I worked there, I learnt many things and took on more and more responsibility.
- It was a big company. My direct manager was great. She was a true role model.
- I had great colleagues and made some very close friends.
- It was a very demanding job, always meeting to deadlines but it got particularly challenging during the period of the earthquakes.
- The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with my co-workers, brokers and customers.
Pros
Fantastic staff benefits and rewards, fair pay, free staff morning teas, lunches and end of month drinks, great life/work balance, Strict with morning tea and afternoon tea breaks, overtime pay
Cons
A lot of movement in management lead to workplace instability
Inbound Call Centre, Dealing with Insurance Policy holders and potential new clients.
Personal Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Takapuna, Auckland.29 October 2013
I learned how to interact with a large variety of customers throughout New Zealand. How to empathize with people and be a very good listener and to deliver what the customer needed.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Not enough variety of other work besides taking phone calls.
A company that is changing for the future.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N28 August 2013
IAG is a company that are changing for a better future for future generations. With the new building of the future they were moving into at the time the arrangement of staff also changed.

The staff at IAG are all hard working and great to get along with. Everyone is willing to help each other to get the important task done.
Pros
Insurance discounts at many places, enviromently friendly new building, great team environment.
Cons
Restructure of staff
Busy and fun work place
Quantity surevyor / Insurance surveyor (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand15 March 2013
A typical day would involve getting to the office for 7.30am to pick up our schedule for the day. Then we would attend sites till around 1pm and then return to the office. The afternoon would be spent prepare the repair scopes of the sites visited. Co workers were brillaint and i learned alot from the team we had which was a varied background of construction.

Most enjoyable part was working closely with the team to provide the best scopes and also to help the customers who needed it the most.
Pros
various amounts of knowledge from a varied background of skills within the industry.
Cons
managment could have been better.
IAG was a fun place to work
Senior Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch New Zealand21 May 2012
A typical day at work was productive and self fulfilling in nature
Pros
free morning teas
Cons
moderate hours