Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IAG Employee Reviews in Christchurch, Canterbury

A typical day would involve getting to the office for 7.30am to pick up our schedule for the day. Then we would attend sites till around 1pm and then return to the office. The afternoon would be spent prepare the repair scopes of the sites visited. Co workers were brillaint and i learned alot from the team we had which was a varied background of construction.Most enjoyable part was working closely with the team to provide the best scopes and also to help the customers who needed it the most.
Pros
various amounts of knowledge from a varied background of skills within the industry.
Cons
managment could have been better.
Good place to work, they looked after their staff. The pressure was on to acheive targets and get the work completed in a timely manner. Good management, clear objectives and guidence.
My job entails identifying debtors and making timely contact to pursue recovery while ensuring excellent customer service experience is delivered. I have learned to handle customer conflicts, objections and complaints from my experience, managing difficult customers. I have always been able to priorities my workload and ensure objectives are met within the required deadlines. I have learned to sell debt which is an intangible product and this has given me the confidence to sell or deal with any kind of customers.
I really enjoy the challenges my job brings. I work alongside a great team who is supporting and helpful. My manager helps me with the challenges I face in my job and provides constructive feedback. IAG has a great work culture that encourages a good work/life balance
Benefits
- A typical day at work involved liasing with brokers, reconciling accounts, dealing with incoming phone calls and working to deadlines. - Over the 5 years I worked there, I learnt many things and took on more and more responsibility. - It was a big company. My direct manager was great. She was a true role model. - I had great colleagues and made some very close friends. - It was a very demanding job, always meeting to deadlines but it got particularly challenging during the period of the earthquakes. - The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with my co-workers, brokers and customers.
Pros
Fantastic staff benefits and rewards, fair pay, free staff morning teas, lunches and end of month drinks, great life/work balance, Strict with morning tea and afternoon tea breaks, overtime pay
Cons
A lot of movement in management lead to workplace instability
A typical day at work was productive and self fulfilling in nature
Pros
free morning teas
Cons
moderate hours