IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
IDEA Services Employee Review

The people you support make the job special

26 November 2019
I have mixed feelings about IDEA Services. I loved the interaction with the people we supported and learned a lot about myself by being with them. Where I have issues is the poor support given by the company to provide quality service and also look after its staff. Regularly phoned on days off and begged to work extra hours. The company has good training programs if you can get on them. Very quick to ply the paperwork onto you. In fact, due to so much paperwork, a lot of activities are not undertaken with the people losing that human factor of wow that's interesting let's go and find out Initiative and encouraging the Service user to do as much for themselves as possible is not encouraged either meaning a lot of talent is overlooked In conclusion, would I work with the Service user ...anytime, best party you could ever have, have so much to offer and never forget who you are. IDEA services well they still have a long way to go.
3 January 2018
Support Worker (Former Employee) - Whangarei, Northland
A great place to work and if I was to return to New Zealand I would definitely consider working for them again. I found the job very rewarding and challenging at times. I found I was very quickly welcomed into the family of this organisation.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Split shifts
19 October 2016
Support Worker (Former Employee) - Whangarei, Northland
You had to stay alert and grow eyes on the back of your head.. keeping the clients at the top of the list.. keeping them happy was the name of the game..
16 March 2014
One on one (Former Employee) - Whangarei, Northland
I enjoyed the job the people and going every day. I liked the diversity of our clients and the type of work we done to help maintain their life as best as we could.
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Hard work
  1. The people you support make the job special