IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IDEA Services Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland6 reviews
I worked in a vocational centre catering for high needs users. This is for largely immobile, non vocal clients. The staff put more time and energy into their own extended lunch breaks than they did client activities. A large percentage of the time they were on their phones or going out for cigarette breaks.Nobody took accountability when incidents occured. If I voiced up I was jumped on.Absolute toxic environment.
An ineffective management that don't listen to complaints until someone is hurt (staff or service users) or dies. Not to mention the culture of bullying in the company to staff and service users. Publically, the company talk of improving their lives but in reality this is rarely the case. While service users are given care plans to achieve goals these are often restricted by funds or staff, which the company attempts to reduce at every opportunity.
The best workplace I have been too. People helping people with special needs. You have a great life ahead of you after taking some time off from work...seeing people with special needs go by is a great thing that gives you inner reward that no money can keep up with.
Pros
Free snacks, coffee and tea.
Cons
difficulty in communicating with service users
Love the service users,but sad for the duty of care they receive from inexperiant staff an dont understand their culture or respect it..thats so wrog
Pros
Service users
Cons
Bad care.
There are a lot of challenges working for this company. The service users are rewarding to work with. There is too muc h paperwork. Watch out for bullying.
Pros
Rewarding work
Introduce our client to the community even they had disability.and the management give you a chance to step up and they give the full support to our career.
Pros
free training
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IDEA Services?