IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IDEA Services Employee Reviews in Wellington City, Wellington

Wellington City, Wellington6 reviews
Work can be meaningful,
management can be hands-off,

usually working alone or with another team mate,

must do cooking a lot of the times,

driving is a must,

easy to take leave but if you'll be excluded from leave-taking if there are already a lot of other people taking leave.
Where to begin?
Little to no training, incompetent and ineffectual management, difficult and stressful shifts in situations you'll not have been educated or orientated in or to. Workplace bullying by colleagues, managers and clients.Difficult and dangerous workplaces and roles with no support and little information, however, you will be held responsible for any and all issues, despite your lack of Knowledge or training in these situations. Stressful and long, lonely shifts punctuated by having to clean soiled clients and bouts of physical violence. You may or may not be relived at the end of your 24 hour shift (it's a bit like lotto, but the prize is more sole destroying work)!

It could be a worthy and rewarding role, helping those with a disability live a good and productive life, however, red tape, politically correct bullsh*t and severely limited funds (not to mention a completely incompetent management structure) stifle your ability to do any good at all!

Also, there is a good chance you will assaulted and or injured frequently, so, there's that to look forward to.
Good if you are a smoker and like looking at your cellphone whilst gossiping and finding faults in others when they work. Bad if you've got a strong can do attitude, as it won't be rewarded. Repeatative and soul destroying work such as cleaning snot off walls and asking residents to stop masterbating in public whilst giving into demands from service users. But you better ask them nicely as they've got rights and one of the staff smokers may lanch a compliant about you. Work place went through 13 staff in less than two years. The situation is too many service users per staff member, meaning all staff end up doing is cleaning and making meals for residents rather than empowering them and getting them involved with achieving goals.
Pros
Food
Cons
You might go insane Due to the depressing culture created by institutionlization
If you are a good genuine person then this job is for you. If you like to help and care about people. Otherwise, you won't have the patience and fortitude to do this job.
I loved working at the head office for Idea Services/IHC. I was encouraged to broaden my skills and take on additional responsibilities with brilliant support from my line manager. The whole office had a relaxed atmosphere but everyone worked exceptionally hard to ensure deadlines were met to the best of our abilities. I would gladly work there again.
Pros
Lots of social events and morning tea's
I didnt like the hypocrisy and politics within the company.There are Support workers and maybe two Managers however who are doing a wonderful job and not being appreciated.
Pros
Being genuinely" in tune" with the people I've supported .
Cons
Long hours and inconsistency
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IDEA Services?