IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IDEA Services Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Caregiver6 reviews
New Zealand6 reviews
I am taxi drivers and I have work with school student.I have done few course in unit Certificate for special needs.I have Four years experience handling special needs.l want to leave taxi driving and do a physical work .
Pros
Cons
9 hours or more
Love the service users,but sad for the duty of care they receive from inexperiant staff an dont understand their culture or respect it..thats so wrog
Pros
Service users
Cons
Bad care.
Most days were very repetitive and change was very difficult to obtain. Management was very challenging and at times (too often) abusive. Too many control freaks in that organisation for my taste and too many rules and regulation which are not necessary.
Pros
Having fun with service users on good days
Cons
management's power control issues
No two days the same.Can be hard work but always enjoyable.Good group of co-workers.Clients given chances to do either volunteer work or part time payed work
Pros
no two days the same
Wake Foster Son up, Ensure he has his medication.
Help him to prepare for school. Get him off to school. Take him to Counsellor/Psychiatrist/Doctor/Meeting with Teachers etc.

Take care of his holistic needs. Physical, Mental, Spiritual, Whanau.
Pros
Watching him grow and learn and blossom into a fine young man, witnessing his milestones and supporting him through good and bad times.
Cons
The money for this 24/7 job is insufficient, Carers have not had a pay rise in more than 20 years, dealing with difficult and sometimes violent behaviour.
i loved working with the clients i had challenging clients at times but with means it works out. I met there needs' happy with results from family. Learning too all the time. Co-workers excellent. I was on a holiday programme with the youth very enjoyable. For me the hardest part was the hours as they were getting less hours.
Pros
enjoying having lunch together.
Cons
not enough hours