IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IDEA Services Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker31 reviews
New Zealand31 reviews
I enjoyed the work involved, especially supporting the people in my care. Learning from them, different personalities, but also the opportunity to continue learning and being trained within the company. I would definitely work for Idea again if circumstances allowed.
Extremely difficult job at the best of times. Bare minimum training, extremely stressful, long shifts. No real organisation, little support for staff (especially in stressful and difficult situations such as when clients become difficult, upset or violent)!

Extremely poor management performance and support; borderline illegal treatment of staff, dangerous work practices and culture of indifference to staff issues or problems.
Pros
Not that i've noticed.
Cons
Pretty much all of it.
Introduce our client to the community even they had disability.and the management give you a chance to step up and they give the full support to our career.
Pros
free training
Cons
Not having back up from other staff members and lack of communication.
if you want a part time job it is good.

there is a few trainings you get both on and off the job
Everyday is different
Treat everyone equal

Management is better now

Multicultural people working

Good team work

Working with different kind of intellectual people
Especially loved working with children for 10 yrs and seeing them grow and achieve with the love and support of carers. Also the adults attained an excellent quality of life under the professional and empathetic care of support workers
Pros
Self rewarding work
Cons
Sleep overs were sometimes tiring
You had to stay alert and grow eyes on the back of your head.. keeping the clients at the top of the list.. keeping them happy was the name of the game..
the person that i worked for was not very helpful. i had do lots of arguing to get what i was needing.i worked with families that had children with special.
The management team provided limited advancements within the organisation. There was no support in the kind of work we were doing. We were in a high risk environment and it made working in that environment very stressful everyday. The co-workers were great, we were all supportive of each other and thats what made going into work possible.
This is a good company to work for the management are easy going and you can talk to them when you need to
Cons
good hours
I enjoyed being part of a team in a house caring for five clients with intellectual disability and some challenging behaviors. the work was enjoyable and self rewarding and one needs to think on their feet, as part of my duties I worked three sleepovers per week. I feel in this line of work it works well if you are part of a strong team that is on the same page and supports each other so to better benefit the service users in our care. I feel their was no hard part to the job as long as peoples are willing to be flexible with extra hours unscheduled to support clients at any appointments that arise.The most enjoyed part of my work was in seeing peoples move forward and progress in idependance and daily living skills
Pros
meals on duty with clients
Cons
unscheduled hours