IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

Staff not supported
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hawkes Bay2 September 2018
There are constant ads for new staff while loyal staff are sidelined below the poverty line. Those staff could be used so that they get a living wage (not 15 hours per week). This promotes a toxic environment where staff are reporting each other for small things or false complaints so that they will get the hours.
You may be left on your own with highly volatile people, you may do a sleep over and cannot sleep due to disturbances. Soon as you make a small mistake the management will throw you under a bus or the nearest train.
Best not to join.
Pros
Service Users are great
Cons
Long hours, no life of your own.. split shifts and back to back shifts kill.

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

Working for Idea services
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, NZ1 December 2019
I enjoyed the work involved, especially supporting the people in my care. Learning from them, different personalities, but also the opportunity to continue learning and being trained within the company. I would definitely work for Idea again if circumstances allowed.
The people you support make the job special
I have mixed feelings about IDEA Services. I loved the interaction with the people we supported and learned a lot about myself by being with them. Where I have issues is the poor support given by the company to provide quality service and also look after its staff. Regularly phoned on days off and begged to work extra hours.
The company has good training programs if you can get on them. Very quick to ply the paperwork onto you. In fact, due to so much paperwork, a lot of activities are not undertaken with the people losing that human factor of wow that's interesting let's go and find out
Initiative and encouraging the Service user to do as much for themselves as possible is not encouraged either meaning a lot of talent is overlooked
In conclusion, would I work with the Service user ...anytime, best party you could ever have, have so much to offer and never forget who you are. IDEA services well they still have a long way to go.