IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

a fun place to work
support worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton East, Waikato10 July 2018
This job has/is a fun place to work. The people we support tho have a variety of physical and intellectual disabilities, can be the most fun loving people you know.

Yes this job can be stressful, especially since i'm working in a high needs house, both with physical and intellectual challenges. I do a lot of personal cares, cooking, house work, paper work,giving medication etc, but also get to plan and enjoy day trips out, just taking them to get a haircut can be a fun outing.

In this role you are are their staff, friend, emotional support, advicat and greatest cheerleader.

Yes it can interfare with your personal life at times, but you are aware of that when you start.

I have found my manager to be very supportive not only with work, but also when i have had personal issues. I have enjoyed my time here.

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

Not a good organisation,they dont pratice what they preach.
Support carer for special needs (Former Employee) –  Auckland31 July 2019
Love the service users,but sad for the duty of care they receive from inexperiant staff an dont understand their culture or respect it..thats so wrog
Pros
Service users
Cons
Bad care.
Poor unsupportive culture
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington3 October 2018
Good if you are a smoker and like looking at your cellphone whilst gossiping and finding faults in others when they work. Bad if you've got a strong can do attitude, as it won't be rewarded. Repeatative and soul destroying work such as cleaning snot off walls and asking residents to stop masterbating in public whilst giving into demands from service users. But you better ask them nicely as they've got rights and one of the staff smokers may lanch a compliant about you. Work place went through 13 staff in less than two years. The situation is too many service users per staff member, meaning all staff end up doing is cleaning and making meals for residents rather than empowering them and getting them involved with achieving goals.
Pros
Food
Cons
You might go insane Due to the depressing culture created by institutionlization