IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

a fun place to work
support worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton East, Waikato10 July 2018
This job has/is a fun place to work. The people we support tho have a variety of physical and intellectual disabilities, can be the most fun loving people you know.

Yes this job can be stressful, especially since i'm working in a high needs house, both with physical and intellectual challenges. I do a lot of personal cares, cooking, house work, paper work,giving medication etc, but also get to plan and enjoy day trips out, just taking them to get a haircut can be a fun outing.

In this role you are are their staff, friend, emotional support, advicat and greatest cheerleader.

Yes it can interfare with your personal life at times, but you are aware of that when you start.

I have found my manager to be very supportive not only with work, but also when i have had personal issues. I have enjoyed my time here.

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

Working for Idea services
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, NZ1 December 2019
I enjoyed the work involved, especially supporting the people in my care. Learning from them, different personalities, but also the opportunity to continue learning and being trained within the company. I would definitely work for Idea again if circumstances allowed.
The people you support make the job special
I have mixed feelings about IDEA Services. I loved the interaction with the people we supported and learned a lot about myself by being with them. Where I have issues is the poor support given by the company to provide quality service and also look after its staff. Regularly phoned on days off and begged to work extra hours.
The company has good training programs if you can get on them. Very quick to ply the paperwork onto you. In fact, due to so much paperwork, a lot of activities are not undertaken with the people losing that human factor of wow that's interesting let's go and find out
Initiative and encouraging the Service user to do as much for themselves as possible is not encouraged either meaning a lot of talent is overlooked
In conclusion, would I work with the Service user ...anytime, best party you could ever have, have so much to offer and never forget who you are. IDEA services well they still have a long way to go.