IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

a fun place to work
support worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton East, Waikato10 July 2018
This job has/is a fun place to work. The people we support tho have a variety of physical and intellectual disabilities, can be the most fun loving people you know.

Yes this job can be stressful, especially since i'm working in a high needs house, both with physical and intellectual challenges. I do a lot of personal cares, cooking, house work, paper work,giving medication etc, but also get to plan and enjoy day trips out, just taking them to get a haircut can be a fun outing.

In this role you are are their staff, friend, emotional support, advicat and greatest cheerleader.

Yes it can interfare with your personal life at times, but you are aware of that when you start.

I have found my manager to be very supportive not only with work, but also when i have had personal issues. I have enjoyed my time here.

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

fun work place
Senior Support worker (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty24 September 2019
i enjoy working with them but job is insecure
you may need to look for new job as they dont help in work permits
otherwise its good
i love working with my residents
Events coordinator
Activities coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland14 September 2019
My job entailed overall meal preparing toilet cleaning and keeping the clients busy and happy about coming to the big scary building on veronica street in New Lynn

OVERALL I felt sad and loathed coming to work the employees I worked for except one or two were mean and rude to the gentle natured clients that liked coming there

I am very thankful that I got to know some interesting funny out going people to me they wernt dumb just challenged and very mistreated in their overall life.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons