IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

Rewarding work and enjoyable atmosphere
Care support worker/sport coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, N24 August 2015
supporting people with high and complex needs to complete physical activities such as walking, sports, dancing and swimming.
Learned a great deal of patience and understanding of the different needs and abilities of others.
Support from management was great and leave was always given when requested.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the people i supported achieving more than they expected.

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

Working for Idea services
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, NZ1 December 2019
I enjoyed the work involved, especially supporting the people in my care. Learning from them, different personalities, but also the opportunity to continue learning and being trained within the company. I would definitely work for Idea again if circumstances allowed.
The people you support make the job special
I have mixed feelings about IDEA Services. I loved the interaction with the people we supported and learned a lot about myself by being with them. Where I have issues is the poor support given by the company to provide quality service and also look after its staff. Regularly phoned on days off and begged to work extra hours.
The company has good training programs if you can get on them. Very quick to ply the paperwork onto you. In fact, due to so much paperwork, a lot of activities are not undertaken with the people losing that human factor of wow that's interesting let's go and find out
Initiative and encouraging the Service user to do as much for themselves as possible is not encouraged either meaning a lot of talent is overlooked
In conclusion, would I work with the Service user ...anytime, best party you could ever have, have so much to offer and never forget who you are. IDEA services well they still have a long way to go.