IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
IDEA Services Employee Review

Culture of toxicity

29 February 2020
An ineffective management that don't listen to complaints until someone is hurt (staff or service users) or dies. Not to mention the culture of bullying in the company to staff and service users. Publically, the company talk of improving their lives but in reality this is rarely the case. While service users are given care plans to achieve goals these are often restricted by funds or staff, which the company attempts to reduce at every opportunity.
30 June 2020
I worked in Timaru branch and managers and staff over there were very helpful and supportive. Also, I experienced the best orientation. Fun loving and caring staff.
25 May 2020
Same roleSame location
I worked in a vocational centre catering for high needs users. This is for largely immobile, non vocal clients. The staff put more time and energy into their own extended lunch breaks than they did client activities. A large percentage of the time they were on their phones or going out for cigarette breaks.Nobody took accountability when incidents occured. If I voiced up I was jumped on.Absolute toxic environment.
18 August 2019
Same roleSame location
The best workplace I have been too. People helping people with special needs. You have a great life ahead of you after taking some time off from work...seeing people with special needs go by is a great thing that gives you inner reward that no money can keep up with.
Pros
Free snacks, coffee and tea.
Cons
difficulty in communicating with service users