IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
IDEA Services Employee Review

Not a supportive working environment

15 June 2015
The management team provided limited advancements within the organisation. There was no support in the kind of work we were doing. We were in a high risk environment and it made working in that environment very stressful everyday. The co-workers were great, we were all supportive of each other and thats what made going into work possible.
30 June 2020
I worked in Timaru branch and managers and staff over there were very helpful and supportive. Also, I experienced the best orientation. Fun loving and caring staff.
25 May 2020
Same role
I worked in a vocational centre catering for high needs users. This is for largely immobile, non vocal clients. The staff put more time and energy into their own extended lunch breaks than they did client activities. A large percentage of the time they were on their phones or going out for cigarette breaks.Nobody took accountability when incidents occured. If I voiced up I was jumped on.Absolute toxic environment.
1 September 2015
The team I work with are excellent, they are what make the job bearable.

Organising relief for support workers who are sick or on annual leave.

Answering the phones and covering sick leave at short notice. Management are not very supportive or open to change.

The hardest part of the job is finding cover for sick leave when there is no one to cover. It is very stressful and hard work. Saturday and Sundays are worked one in every three weeks and some weeks you end up working seven days when you work the weekend.

The best part of the job are the people,
Cons