IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
IDEA Services Employee Review

Idea Specialist Services had the nationwide contract for behaviour support for people with a disability.

23 November 2014
They provided me with very good peer and supervision support as well as enrollment in extra-mural tertiary learning. I always felt supported and encouraged to achieve the best possible results for service users and the company. Unfortunately Idea lost the nationwide contract and so they could not then renew my individual contract.
The days were very busy gathering clinical evidence, talking to individuals and groups, and writing and evaluating reports.

I found this work very challenging and extremely enjoyable because I was really making a difference to the lives of people and their support network.

I learned how to gather the information needed in the most effective and efficient way and present it to a wide cross section of the community in simple language.
Pros
Support
Cons
Job security
30 June 2020
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) - Timaru, Canterbury
I worked in Timaru branch and managers and staff over there were very helpful and supportive. Also, I experienced the best orientation. Fun loving and caring staff.
25 May 2020
Vocational support worker. (Former Employee) - Auckland
I worked in a vocational centre catering for high needs users. This is for largely immobile, non vocal clients. The staff put more time and energy into their own extended lunch breaks than they did client activities. A large percentage of the time they were on their phones or going out for cigarette breaks.Nobody took accountability when incidents occured. If I voiced up I was jumped on.Absolute toxic environment.
15 May 2020
Support Worker. Level 4 (Current Employee) - Lower Hutt, Wellington
Would like to be based in a house close to home enjoy working with people to have standard living in the comunity and assisted with general life style enjoy a challenge to see positive results