IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

Idea Specialist Services had the nationwide contract for behaviour support for people with a disability.
Complex Support Advisor, (Former Employee) –  Kaitaia, Northland23 November 2014
They provided me with very good peer and supervision support as well as enrollment in extra-mural tertiary learning. I always felt supported and encouraged to achieve the best possible results for service users and the company. Unfortunately Idea lost the nationwide contract and so they could not then renew my individual contract.
The days were very busy gathering clinical evidence, talking to individuals and groups, and writing and evaluating reports.
I found this work very challenging and extremely enjoyable because I was really making a difference to the lives of people and their support network.
I learned how to gather the information needed in the most effective and efficient way and present it to a wide cross section of the community in simple language.
Pros
Support
Cons
Job security

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

fun work place
Senior Support worker (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty24 September 2019
i enjoy working with them but job is insecure
you may need to look for new job as they dont help in work permits
otherwise its good
i love working with my residents
Events coordinator
Activities coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland14 September 2019
My job entailed overall meal preparing toilet cleaning and keeping the clients busy and happy about coming to the big scary building on veronica street in New Lynn

OVERALL I felt sad and loathed coming to work the employees I worked for except one or two were mean and rude to the gentle natured clients that liked coming there

I am very thankful that I got to know some interesting funny out going people to me they wernt dumb just challenged and very mistreated in their overall life.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons