IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

A friendly and rewarding place to work.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland3 January 2018
A great place to work and if I was to return to New Zealand I would definitely consider working for them again. I found the job very rewarding and challenging at times. I found I was very quickly welcomed into the family of this organisation.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Split shifts

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

Not a good organisation,they dont pratice what they preach.
Support carer for special needs (Former Employee) –  Auckland31 July 2019
Love the service users,but sad for the duty of care they receive from inexperiant staff an dont understand their culture or respect it..thats so wrog
Pros
Service users
Cons
Bad care.
Poor unsupportive culture
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington3 October 2018
Good if you are a smoker and like looking at your cellphone whilst gossiping and finding faults in others when they work. Bad if you've got a strong can do attitude, as it won't be rewarded. Repeatative and soul destroying work such as cleaning snot off walls and asking residents to stop masterbating in public whilst giving into demands from service users. But you better ask them nicely as they've got rights and one of the staff smokers may lanch a compliant about you. Work place went through 13 staff in less than two years. The situation is too many service users per staff member, meaning all staff end up doing is cleaning and making meals for residents rather than empowering them and getting them involved with achieving goals.
Pros
Food
Cons
You might go insane Due to the depressing culture created by institutionlization