IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
IDEA Services Employee Review

Good work place

19 October 2016
You had to stay alert and grow eyes on the back of your head.. keeping the clients at the top of the list.. keeping them happy was the name of the game..
30 June 2020
Same role
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) - Timaru, Canterbury
I worked in Timaru branch and managers and staff over there were very helpful and supportive. Also, I experienced the best orientation. Fun loving and caring staff.
25 May 2020
Same role
Vocational support worker. (Former Employee) - Auckland
I worked in a vocational centre catering for high needs users. This is for largely immobile, non vocal clients. The staff put more time and energy into their own extended lunch breaks than they did client activities. A large percentage of the time they were on their phones or going out for cigarette breaks.Nobody took accountability when incidents occured. If I voiced up I was jumped on.Absolute toxic environment.
26 November 2019
Same location
Personal planning facilitator level 6, level 5, facility manager (Former Employee) - Whangarei, Northland
I have mixed feelings about IDEA Services. I loved the interaction with the people we supported and learned a lot about myself by being with them. Where I have issues is the poor support given by the company to provide quality service and also look after its staff. Regularly phoned on days off and begged to work extra hours.
The company has good training programs if you can get on them. Very quick to ply the paperwork onto you. In fact, due to so much paperwork, a lot of activities are not undertaken with the people losing that human factor of wow that's interesting let's go and find out

Initiative and encouraging the Service user to do as much for themselves as possible is not encouraged either meaning a lot of talent is overlooked

In conclusion, would I work with the Service user ...anytime, best party you could ever have, have so much to offer and never forget who you are. IDEA services well they still have a long way to go.