IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

Good working place
Caregiver disability (Current Employee) –  Hasting/Napier9 October 2017
I am taxi drivers and I have work with school student.I have done few course in unit Certificate for special needs.I have Four years experience handling special needs.l want to leave taxi driving and do a physical work .
Pros
Cons
9 hours or more

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

Not a good organisation,they dont pratice what they preach.
Support carer for special needs (Former Employee) –  Auckland31 July 2019
Love the service users,but sad for the duty of care they receive from inexperiant staff an dont understand their culture or respect it..thats so wrog
Pros
Service users
Cons
Bad care.
Poor unsupportive culture
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington3 October 2018
Good if you are a smoker and like looking at your cellphone whilst gossiping and finding faults in others when they work. Bad if you've got a strong can do attitude, as it won't be rewarded. Repeatative and soul destroying work such as cleaning snot off walls and asking residents to stop masterbating in public whilst giving into demands from service users. But you better ask them nicely as they've got rights and one of the staff smokers may lanch a compliant about you. Work place went through 13 staff in less than two years. The situation is too many service users per staff member, meaning all staff end up doing is cleaning and making meals for residents rather than empowering them and getting them involved with achieving goals.
Pros
Food
Cons
You might go insane Due to the depressing culture created by institutionlization