IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

Not a good organisation,they dont pratice what they preach.
Support carer for special needs (Former Employee) –  Auckland31 July 2019
Love the service users,but sad for the duty of care they receive from inexperiant staff an dont understand their culture or respect it..thats so wrog
Pros
Service users
Cons
Bad care.

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

Events coordinator
Activities coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland14 September 2019
My job entailed overall meal preparing toilet cleaning and keeping the clients busy and happy about coming to the big scary building on veronica street in New Lynn

OVERALL I felt sad and loathed coming to work the employees I worked for except one or two were mean and rude to the gentle natured clients that liked coming there

I am very thankful that I got to know some interesting funny out going people to me they wernt dumb just challenged and very mistreated in their overall life.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
It's a nightmare!
Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Wellington11 September 2019
Where to begin?
Little to no training, incompetent and ineffectual management, difficult and stressful shifts in situations you'll not have been educated or orientated in or to. Workplace bullying by colleagues, managers and clients.Difficult and dangerous workplaces and roles with no support and little information, however, you will be held responsible for any and all issues, despite your lack of Knowledge or training in these situations. Stressful and long, lonely shifts punctuated by having to clean soiled clients and bouts of physical violence. You may or may not be relived at the end of your 24 hour shift (it's a bit like lotto, but the prize is more sole destroying work)!

It could be a worthy and rewarding role, helping those with a disability live a good and productive life, however, red tape, politically correct bullsh*t and severely limited funds (not to mention a completely incompetent management structure) stifle your ability to do any good at all!

Also, there is a good chance you will assaulted and or injured frequently, so, there's that to look forward to.