IDEA Services

IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

Loanly but rewarding
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Petone, Wellington11 December 2017
I did this as a second job so only did about 10 hours per week. I really like the fact I could start early in the morning and then go back to do more time if required after my main job.
Meeting new clients was always hard but once I had meet them I enjoyed the work.
It was hard work but I enjoyed making the connection and gaining his trust so he felt comfortable with me.

Sorry I'm not sure of start and finish dates.

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

Working for Idea services
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, NZ1 December 2019
I enjoyed the work involved, especially supporting the people in my care. Learning from them, different personalities, but also the opportunity to continue learning and being trained within the company. I would definitely work for Idea again if circumstances allowed.
The people you support make the job special
I have mixed feelings about IDEA Services. I loved the interaction with the people we supported and learned a lot about myself by being with them. Where I have issues is the poor support given by the company to provide quality service and also look after its staff. Regularly phoned on days off and begged to work extra hours.
The company has good training programs if you can get on them. Very quick to ply the paperwork onto you. In fact, due to so much paperwork, a lot of activities are not undertaken with the people losing that human factor of wow that's interesting let's go and find out
Initiative and encouraging the Service user to do as much for themselves as possible is not encouraged either meaning a lot of talent is overlooked
In conclusion, would I work with the Service user ...anytime, best party you could ever have, have so much to offer and never forget who you are. IDEA services well they still have a long way to go.