IDEA Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
IDEA Services Employee Review

Difficult, hard and dangerous work with little to no support or reward.

19 March 2017
Extremely difficult job at the best of times. Bare minimum training, extremely stressful, long shifts. No real organisation, little support for staff (especially in stressful and difficult situations such as when clients become difficult, upset or violent)!

Extremely poor management performance and support; borderline illegal treatment of staff, dangerous work practices and culture of indifference to staff issues or problems.
Pros
Not that i've noticed.
Cons
Pretty much all of it.
30 June 2020
I worked in Timaru branch and managers and staff over there were very helpful and supportive. Also, I experienced the best orientation. Fun loving and caring staff.
25 May 2020
Same role
I worked in a vocational centre catering for high needs users. This is for largely immobile, non vocal clients. The staff put more time and energy into their own extended lunch breaks than they did client activities. A large percentage of the time they were on their phones or going out for cigarette breaks.Nobody took accountability when incidents occured. If I voiced up I was jumped on.Absolute toxic environment.
15 May 2020
Would like to be based in a house close to home enjoy working with people to have standard living in the comunity and assisted with general life style enjoy a challenge to see positive results