IDEA Services Employee Review

View all IDEA Services reviews

Having the compassion working along side those that share the same principles that share a common bond. In working with special needs.
To always be positive when you start your day. Having a Plan helps to set your daily schedule in what is required. This brings into mind those that come into contact with you during your employement.
Challenges are always there its about how you deal with the challenges that brings results.

What I have learnt within the Disability Sector is to be Patient, Positive.
As every day is never the same it brings with it new skills, ideas; ,barriers to over come. It makes you focuss on whats ahead and what you can achieve to grow yourself.

I have had the pleasure of working along some great managerial workers who have shared a common bond with many workers including myself. The job can be very challenging in a supportive role to any managerial position. Having the right tools, co-workers that have the eagerness to strive can bring results are a blessing.
Having the ability to effectively communicate together can become challenging at times.. But having the right frame of mind in a professional manner would always bring the end results.

Being a Team Player is very important in any employement role that you share with your co-workers. Having the ability to communicate effectly,respond in a time manner shows commitment to all concerned.
As any Team Player, Co- Worker they want to achieve results, have the support within their working enviroment, personal. This brings results for all concerned.

The hardest part of the job there is many to respond to. But it is how you cope with the issuess thats the challenge. I find challenges to be rewarding. They make you think outside the square,
  more... think beyond. As I belive there is always a solution. You just have to seek out the answer to find the clue. Now thats not hard its just using your common sense.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to know how to laugh along the way even if the road seems all beleek. Share ,find the support that you require before it becomes a burden. Remember to have fun lifes to short to miss.
Pros
being in a family enviroment within a disabilty sector brings rewards, sharing time with them.
Cons
working long hours, the wages

Other IDEA Services Employee Reviews

Working for Idea services
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, NZ1 December 2019
I enjoyed the work involved, especially supporting the people in my care. Learning from them, different personalities, but also the opportunity to continue learning and being trained within the company. I would definitely work for Idea again if circumstances allowed.
The people you support make the job special
I have mixed feelings about IDEA Services. I loved the interaction with the people we supported and learned a lot about myself by being with them. Where I have issues is the poor support given by the company to provide quality service and also look after its staff. Regularly phoned on days off and begged to work extra hours.
The company has good training programs if you can get on them. Very quick to ply the paperwork onto you. In fact, due to so much paperwork, a lot of activities are not undertaken with the people losing that human factor of wow that's interesting let's go and find out
Initiative and encouraging the Service user to do as much for themselves as possible is not encouraged either meaning a lot of talent is overlooked
In conclusion, would I work with the Service user ...anytime, best party you could ever have, have so much to offer and never forget who you are. IDEA services well they still have a long way to go.