IDEA Services Employee Reviews

It is fun
care giver (Former Employee) –  Petone, Wellington9 December 2013
i loved working with the clients i had challenging clients at times but with means it works out. I met there needs' happy with results from family. Learning too all the time. Co-workers excellent. I was on a holiday programme with the youth very enjoyable. For me the hardest part was the hours as they were getting less hours.
Pros
enjoying having lunch together.
Cons
not enough hours
Good company
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dunedin21 September 2013
This is a good company to work for the management are easy going and you can talk to them when you need to
Cons
good hours
fun placewith opportunities to progress
community support worker level 3 (Former Employee) –  dunedin city11 October 2012
I enjoyed being part of a team in a house caring for five clients with intellectual disability and some challenging behaviors. the work was enjoyable and self rewarding and one needs to think on their feet, as part of my duties I worked three sleepovers per week. I feel in this line of work it works well if you are part of a strong team that is on the same page and supports each other so to better benefit the service users in our care. I feel their was no hard part to the job as long as peoples are willing to be flexible with extra hours unscheduled to support clients at any appointments that arise.The most enjoyed part of my work was in seeing peoples move forward and progress in idependance and daily living skills
Pros
meals on duty with clients
Cons
unscheduled hours
Having the compassion working along side those that share the same principles that share a common bond. In working with special needs.
To always be positive when you start your day. Having a Plan helps to set your daily schedule in what is required. This brings into mind those that come into contact with you during your employement.
Challenges are always there its about how you deal with the challenges that brings results.

What I have learnt within the Disability Sector is to be Patient, Positive.
As every day is never the same it brings with it new skills, ideas; ,barriers to over come. It makes you focuss on whats ahead and what you can achieve to grow yourself.

I have had the pleasure of working along some great managerial workers who have shared a common bond with many workers including myself. The job can be very challenging in a supportive role to any managerial position. Having the right tools, co-workers that have the eagerness to strive can bring results are a blessing.
Having the ability to effectively communicate together can become challenging at times.. But having the right frame of mind in a professional manner would always bring the end results.

Being a Team Player is very important in any employement role that you share with your co-workers. Having the ability to communicate effectly,respond in a time manner shows commitment to all concerned.
As any Team Player, Co- Worker they want to achieve results, have the support within their working enviroment, personal. This brings results for all concerned.

The hardest part of the job there is many to respond to. But it is how you cope with the issuess thats the challenge. I find challenges to be rewarding. They make you think outside the square,
  more... think beyond. As I belive there is always a solution. You just have to seek out the answer to find the clue. Now thats not hard its just using your common sense.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to know how to laugh along the way even if the road seems all beleek. Share ,find the support that you require before it becomes a burden. Remember to have fun lifes to short to miss.
Pros
being in a family enviroment within a disabilty sector brings rewards, sharing time with them.
Cons
working long hours, the wages