InterContinental Hotels Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand6 reviews
Like working there I meet new people and very good boss . Work hard get along with staff like being around a lot of people. Good pay and listening skills.
The day starts with morning briefings with housekeeping team about arrivals ,departures for the day , complaints and observations from previous day and other important guest information. Then for the rest of the day I inspect checkout rooms, update roomattendants task sheet with Q rooms and priority rooms , liase with front office for Q rooms , guest request , lost property requests, liase with houseman for linen . I have learned to articulate and implement on how to convince my staff for efficiency without impacting the cleanliness standard. Managing staff and ensuring front office are getting the rooms on time . Staff consistency in performing to the set standards was tough as they have their own way of doing things. I feel happy when my staff realises that I appreciate and recognise their daily hard work .
Pros
Multicultural workplace
Cons
Rigid staff .
A great workplace culture that was fun to be around, managers always pushed for personal development and there were always opportunities to develop skills
Amazing to work with any IHG they able to let you learn and improve yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team and the company really look after you. The hardest part is the pay rate for being australian citizen the minimum wage in australia is more and there's weekend rate and night rate in NZ just one flat rate. I guess in NZ is completely different that's why i only stayed for a short time and went back to australia. Really enjoyed working in Crowne plaza auckland multi culture in the team . Definitely want to go back IHG again.
Pros
Uniform supplied, discounts, and food provided
Cons
Pay Rate especially weekend and night shift
A great place to work and get experience.Nice staff with happy faces all the time.Great experience,great people with a great organization.
Pros
free meals
Cons
IHG is a GREAT company to work for! However, this particular property had a couple of senior managers that had more authority than the General Manager himself and if they do not like you, even if it is just on personal basis, they will ensure you do not progress and harass you to the point that you either end up complaining to higher authority or simply resign and leave with dignity. When you finally make an official complaint, you get treated worse and no actions are taken to mediate or handle the situation in a professional manner. Instead, the senior manager who you complaint about makes it impossible for you to continue working there with your dignity still intact. This particular manager is the main reason for at least 5 management team members and over 10 other staff leave the hotel within a very short period of time. Some of whom had been working with the same property for over 10 years. Other than this particular individual's monopoly and weak executive management, the working environment was fun. Colleagues often looked out for one another and with the front line staff there was a sense of family.
Pros
Staff meals, laundered uniforms, discounted rates at sister hotels worldwide.
Cons
Very poor HR management leading to highest staff, including management turnover I have ever seen, you are pretty much unheard if you have an issue with a senior manager.