InterContinental Hotels Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Review

Good to work

5 July 2020
Like working there I meet new people and very good boss . Work hard get along with staff like being around a lot of people. Good pay and listening skills.
6 January 2018
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) - Wellington
The day starts with morning briefings with housekeeping team about arrivals ,departures for the day , complaints and observations from previous day and other important guest information. Then for the rest of the day I inspect checkout rooms, update roomattendants task sheet with Q rooms and priority rooms , liase with front office for Q rooms , guest request , lost property requests, liase with houseman for linen . I have learned to articulate and implement on how to convince my staff for efficiency without impacting the cleanliness standard. Managing staff and ensuring front office are getting the rooms on time . Staff consistency in performing to the set standards was tough as they have their own way of doing things. I feel happy when my staff realises that I appreciate and recognise their daily hard work .
Pros
Multicultural workplace
Cons
Rigid staff .
5 September 2017
Food and Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) - Wellington, New Zealand
A great workplace culture that was fun to be around, managers always pushed for personal development and there were always opportunities to develop skills
20 May 2016
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) - Wellington, Wellington
A great place to work and get experience.Nice staff with happy faces all the time.Great experience,great people with a great organization.
Pros
free meals
Cons