Invacare Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Invacare Corporation Employee Reviews

At first this company seemed promising, after about 6 months I realized that most of the employees thought the company was a joke and it was common to hear people crack jokes about how the company doesn't give raises and the only people who make a lot of money are the ones who work at corporate. There are a lot of very good people at this company, but the higher ups will eventually be the downfall of the company as a whole.
Trabajo por objetivos y planes de desarrollo con resultados.
My time as an intern was alright. I learned a lot, but that fell short of the toxicity in the work place. Those who were in my department were decent and trustworthy, but other engineers, managers, and HR were incredibly toxic.

No one outside of my department would communicate with me when I was waiting to see if they would have me back for another rotation. I had to get my school involved and they were more than happy to contact them and discredit me with the school by telling them false information.
Invacare’s job steadiness, quality of work , very safe environment to work at. Dislike very long hours , Insisting on 10 and 12 hour shift. On last notice .
Just there to use people for the time being and then they let go of individuals until numbers go back up. The management teAm doesn’t know what to do. They work on a day by day basic just to keep the company running. Company is so understaffed and that’s because the way they treat there employees.
In my 18 years at Invacare I always felt appreciated.I was able to switch jobs when another department had a need. Yearly reviews were always favorable and I felt well compensated for a job well done.
I really enjoy my coworkers and the work I do is highly relevant for my career. I am currently working on developing a robot project for my department. Invacare does not pay its workers as well as it should, though. That is one criticism I have for management.
Poor management. Good job for a younger person. Laid off in March 2019. After 23 yrs. Warehouse closed. It was a good place to work. Advancement was minimal.
Constantly eliminating positions, taking on more duties . work long hours, take work home and work weekends w/o overtime pay. Fast turn around in Management, promote Managers to Directors and they clearly dont have the experience. Always moving in a new direction with company , change of plans. Old software. No money to get anything , no holiday parties, no attendance bonus. 1% raise per year or none. Overworked employees and making mistakes . Working lots of OT and working Sunday , just to go to work on Monday and get sent home for 'lack of work'. Go through very aggressive interview process , very long to get back but when they do , offer too low. Good people dont stay .Lots of Micro-Managers . Typical environment there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Invacare Corporation?
You will find many wonderful, long-term, dedicated employees that want the company to succeed. However, leadership is management by the minute/quarter and there is no appreciation of what the rank and file employees are doing. Even long tenured employees are having difficulty with the messages
I started my new position as a Calibration Coordinator and manage MRB area. However, My supervisor was let go of the company about 3-4 weeks after been hired leaving me with no training of my new position (Calibration Coordinator). It was nobody else in the company that knew the roll so I had to learn fast. Thanks to my management and multi-task experience I was able to control everything within a year.
Pros
Bingo games base on question about safety - Winning prizes
Cons
Not enough management personnel to make quality improvement.
A recent batch of employees worked 10-12 hours/day, 6 days a week to help the company reach a required FDA milestone.
They met their goal, then many were promptly let go soon afterwards.

The stock has been in the tank for years, and the internal atmosphere is very cut-throat.

If you're seriously looking for employment, there must be numerous better options than this.
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
Many
I learned many new skills here and had the opportunity to be promoted as well. I like the fact they promote from within. Many nice people and the best manager ever!
Company had a lot of issues when I worked there. They were under a government issued 'CD'. Then they laid off staff members. This place really didn't have a good "vibe".
This is a company that values all employees. They made us feel that we were their #1asset .Good company with a lot of energy. Less office politics and people work hard.
Invacare is a great place to work and is open to helping their employees.
Pros
Clean cllimate controlled very organized modern facilities and equipment.
Cons
A bit strict with all policies.
Fast paced, learning every week, new products with a wide product line keeps the job interesting and keeps you competitive.
Has its challenges just like any large company in a competitive space.
I love working at invakear ,but like every where else
You'll have good days and bad days.

Again I want to say that I'm grateful to be part of invakear corporation

And thank you for the opportunity
Pros
Co- workers all work good as a team
Cons
Lack of communication
Some weeks you work 40 hours some others 20 or 30 hours at 11 dollars cause the machines was brokens or not enought material to feeding the line it was a total mess everyday
Pros
Lunch
Cons
You have to work saturdays or you get fired
Great company to work for. You handle alot of consumers and their needs can be very demanding. This causes alot of stress. Management is now pretty great . The stress is unfortunately not something thay can be controlled due to the type of business it is.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stress
The best part of working here is that the always changing mentality keeps you in a great position to learn everyday. we continuous improvement projects help maximize space and productivity.
Pros
always something (project) to work on.
Cons
stressful sometimes.
Invacare has great products! With the HME market we just can't compete with the competitors' lower priced products. Management has been unstable and directives unclear.