Invacare Corporation Employee Reviews

busy work/low pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH15 April 2018
Not a bad place to work if you have zero ambision. Low pay for a decent days work. Nothing too hard just mindless assembly type stuff. Decent benefits tho
Benefits
Cons
pay
Poor management
Lease Processor Coordinator/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  elyria ohio15 April 2018
Nothing but broken promises. I was told my job was safe and management had their team in place but my job was still eliminated due to restructure & the FDA issues with the consent decree
Stressfull, micro managed
Electronic Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH4 April 2018
I enjoyed many years there. Then many changes of management at top level changed. New management had no knowledge of products being manufactured or purchased.
Pros
Meet some nice people over the many years. Decent pay. Free turkeys for Thanksgiving.
Cons
To many to list.
Great People Excellent Enviroment
Sr. Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH25 March 2018
Great Manager: Respectful, Professional, Knowledgeable,showed empathy to his employees, always cared about his people.
Great co-workers, great technology
pitiful
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH13 March 2018
started as a temp thru a temp service and it took nearly a year to hire on . human resources is the worse.. did emotion human resources was the worse..
Pros
Cons
everything
A lot of work behind the computer, less hands-on
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH13 February 2018
This job dealt with a lot of repetitive, tedious work. It was not very interesting to run part configurator numbers through a program and get part numbers which were repeated through the program to determine the base parts that could be obsoleted. It took long, but allowed me to manage large amounts of part numbers/data. I also learned professional communication, how to format excel sheets, and ask for additional work. There were some opportunities to work hands-on with some products, but they had to be searched for. At the end of the internship, interns presented to their managers about the work they had done to draw the experience to a close.
Good benefits and income potential.
Post Acute Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS13 February 2018
Was a great company that manufactured innovative medical devices that greatly improved lives. Industry, reimbursement, government and management changes have taken the company to a much different place. It was a place where you could work hard, earn a fair salary and if you wanted, retire from one day. But not any longer.
Pros
great co-workers, compensation and benefits
Cons
lay offs, cut backs, job insecurity, lower compensation
decline to state
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA1 February 2018
My rating and experience with regard to job/work life balance at Invacare is extremely low due to the fact that Invacare previously offered aggressive, strong salary and bonus compensation/benefits but presently does not. There is minimal room for advancement/promotion within the company and job security is extremely low as the company has drastically downsized and terminated hundreds of employees, resulting in overloading existing employees' workloads. Invacare previously had strong upper leadership and management but that changed after multiple experienced managers were also terminated. The job culture is strong due to working with talented, experienced and personable representatives and corporate leadership. Upper leadership's only focus is on their shareholders and not customers or employees.
Pros
Job Culture/employees
Cons
Job security and advancement
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH15 January 2018
For many years Invacare was a great company to work for. Current management seems to have lost their way. Not sure if they will adapt or run the company into the ground.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Poor management
stressful, on edge, not an enjoyable workplace
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FL14 January 2018
Use to be a fun enjoyable establishment. No longer! Breaks are too short.Activities gone (bowling,christmas parties..etc.) No bonuses for perfect attendance
Pros
popcorn and ice cream
Cons
short breaks, no bonuses, company activities dismissed.
Job Security Currently Not Predictable
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH19 December 2017
I enjoyed my time with my coworkers at Invacare. I enjoyed helping my callers resolve their issues. Everyone was nice, no one was discourteous at any time. Managers were wonderful.
Pros
The people, decent benifits
Cons
Job security
I really enjoyed working at this company
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH16 December 2017
I was well received by all of my co workers I also received letter of recommendation from my supervisor for another job placement through this company once this assignment ended
Pros
very nice place to work well recieved
Cons
no benefits
N/a
Marketing Projects Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH26 October 2017
Former 25 year employee caught up in Invacare's consent decree and forced downsizing. Since the time I've been employed, most of peers and management are no longer there.
production
Material Handler, Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH10 October 2017
it was a fast pace work enveirment i load and unloaded trucks with forklift did house keeping as needed i also use to do assemble standard wheel chairs
Pros
company picnin\c
Cons
poor management
True Work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Florida5 October 2017
This job is not for the physically and mentally weak, the hours are brutal. It's all a number, production starts at the top of the morning an you don't get to leave until production is done.
Pros
Lot's of Overtime
Cons
Exhaustion
Not bad.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FL27 September 2017
Worked there almost a year, & to be honest no complaints. Pelety of hours for people who need them, & a good work environment. Would of stayed but unfortunately things happened
Pros
Company’s involved with workers.
Cons
Short breaks
Spændende arbejde
EMEA Market Intelligence Manager (Former Employee) –  København30 August 2017
Jeg har været meget tilfreds med min samlede ansætteles i Invacare. I løbet af mine 19 år har jeg haft mange forskellige arbejdsopgaver og udviklet mange kompetencer.

Den sværeste det af jobbet var, fysisk at være placeret i København og samtidig høre til den Europæiske ledelse, som var placeret i Schweiz.

Den bedste del var at have stor frihed til at planlægge min arbejdsdag og de mange forskellige opgaver.
Firm business
Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Elyria ohio24 August 2017
Good working conditions. Good management. Good pay.healthcare,eye,dental. Tight not group.Made medical equipment, wheel chairs, and much more.Most shifts available. Very rewarding working to help benefit others.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overtime a must
I learn alot with this company.
Finsher,picker,packer,assembly line,inpector (Former Employee) –  Overland, MO7 August 2017
Working for this company I learn how to stain , assembly furniture , and dill holes and picking and packing and they have great benefits I miss that they move Florida that the reason I'm not working for them anymore.
Transitional period for business
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH26 July 2017
Much has changed since starting at Invacare several years ago. The culture has changed, some long overdue, some has made the day-to-day experience much harder. Long term, the changes may prove to be the right moves, but for now, the transition puts extreme demands on the team.
Pros
Easily commute due to suburban HQ location
Cons
Job responsibilities consolidated to do more with less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invacare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.