Invacare Corporation Employee Reviews

Has been rocky and unstable over last year
POST ACUTE CARE SOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  United States27 November 2018
Invacare has great products! With the HME market we just can't compete with the competitors' lower priced products. Management has been unstable and directives unclear.
Very interesting industry
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH26 November 2018
Great flexibility in managing a sales territory. I was allowed to manage my territory in Wisconsin, independently and make business decisions based on local conditions. I was responsible for growing sales and I did so by starting out with a 2.6 million dollar territory and grew it to over 7 million.
Pros
Freedom to work independently
Cons
difficult funding issues in healthcare
Horrible!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH11 November 2018
Place is a nightmare! You work 10 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week. No matter how hard you try, it's never enough. Replacing older workers with temps who have nothing invested in company. The business on a whole is on shaky ground. Management is clueless in leading people.
Pros
None!
Cons
Work schedule is horrible, terrible management, no direction in company
Focused on Customers and Quality
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH10 November 2018
The company strives to provide customers with mobility needs that are of high quality and high value. Environment is fast paces with diverse projects and assignments.
Pros
Freedom to work on improvement projects
Cons
Difficult to advance in Management
Uncertainty
Rehab Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upstate NY8 November 2018
I was only at Invacare for 5 months and unexpectedly my position was eliminated. I was just starting to build a solid foundation as far as product knowledge, relationships with customers, etc. and this happened.
World Class Manufacturer
VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Florida, Ohio, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico6 November 2018
Invacare was on the cutting edge of world class manufacturing. They invested from top to bottom in training. They worked hard from the President to the hourly associates. Invacare took over the home medical equipment industry. They did it by hiring the best people and having the best policies and practices.
horrible
custumer service (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FL30 October 2018
racista
poco compañerismo
malos tratos
horrible
Low pay
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FL10 September 2018
Lot of work. Same employee doing a job for 2 or 3 people. The pay rate is not enough for all what yo have to do. Only good thing is the benefits and the good people that you met
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Loved it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ4 September 2018
I loved it there.
The account management allowed me to be skilled at building and maintaining client relationships by providing superior customer service and utilizing consultative sales approach to generate revenue and new business. Adept at assessing client needs and delivering solutions for a win-win relationship. Strategically focused and results-oriented. Possesses strong work ethics, skillful at negotiating contracts, and well-organized to capture and maintain new business.
Pros
Big company a lot of support
Cons
There management changed after 20 years and the culture changed
Leading manufacturer of wheelchairs and Home Medical Products
Financial Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH1 September 2018
A global company that is really in tune with the market and what's going on today. I have learned so much from working with Invacare Corporation. I am very pleased with the time and training that I have received here.
Pros
The training I have received here is outstanding and has prepared me for future leadership roles.
Cons
Pay
productive
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH26 August 2018
on a typical day I would make sure my team had all supplies needed to make the amount of controllers for wheelchairs for the day.it is a very fast paced and stressful place to work
Pros
great benifits
Cons
you work overtime at a moments notice
Horrible place to work!
Pindot custom seating (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH10 August 2018
Horrible place to work. Cut throat environment, the " new invacare" has no clue where it's going. Non stop temporary people coming and going. Waste time training them only to have them quit. Temps hired in at higher wage then 2-3 year hired in employees, and hired in earlier then long standing temps that have stuck with this joke of a company. Good solid workers are pushed even harder, while lazy workers are praised just for showing up. Blatant favoritism in the company as a whole.
Human resource is a joke! Don't waste your time reporting any issues, it will be ignored. HR is all about the management NOT the employees.
Long hours 10 days plus every Saturday and Sunday, sounds great until you do it for 20 t days straight! Find another place to work!
Good place to work.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Ohio30 July 2018
Other than the surprise layoff's that happened through out the company, I was looking to work there full time, permanently. It had many workers that have been with the company 10 + years.
Would not recommend
Complaint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH29 July 2018
Poor management

Hostile work environment

Lack of industry knowledge on the part of leaders

Lack of support by leaders, including HR

Inefficient processes
Dying Company
Electro-Mechanical Technician III (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH8 June 2018
Even though Invacare will likely exist, the corporate "oneness" and pride is dead. Unfortunately I have seen the death of the corporate culture. Those who work the hardest are not rewarded for their efforts. Unmerited favors are becoming more and more evident. Management acts like they are involved but in reality they have no idea what this company should be about and what is truly required to do good work.

Also, any time a challenge arises, management would rather pay another company to do the work than allow their employees to learn and grow through the challenge. This takes more time yes but the benefit of growth surpasses the time required to learn.
Pros
Good Pay (Only reason why anyone works here)
Cons
Culture, Management, No Growth Opportunity
Small Company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX3 June 2018
I spent 7 years at a company that I thought was gonna go places but unfortunately the company closed it's Arlington TX facility. I had left before the official closing to pursue other opportunities.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
No advancement Opportunities
Good place for an internship
New Product Development-Respiratory Intern (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH30 May 2018
Invacare was a good place to get an insight into the medical device field as a college student. You are introduced into the design process and you are able to sit in on some meetings with people with years of experience in the field.
ok place to work
Material handler, Shipper & receiver (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH26 May 2018
ok place to work pay is ok hard to move up in the company people there are very nice but all over worked management is not willing to work with people at times
Pros
they have a on site caffitria
Cons
hard to move up in the company
Worked to many hours and poor management.
Upholsterer/Sewer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH22 May 2018
Worked many hours. Daily work hours were determined by end of shift. Always scheduled 10 hours and 8 on Saturday and Sunday always a possibility. Could never schedule anything out of work unless vacation time was available and approved.
Pros
Once and sometimes twice a year, would receive a free lunch.
Cons
Hours
it was ok
Spray Technician (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FL20 May 2018
my rating speck for it all. when you work there you dont have a life and the pay you get is low and you only get a 5 cent raise and we paid for or benefit and if you work hard they dont recitation you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invacare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.