Invacare Corporation Employee Reviews

strong sense of doing good for customers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH6 January 2020
In my 18 years at Invacare I always felt appreciated.I was able to switch jobs when another department had a need. Yearly reviews were always favorable and I felt well compensated for a job well done.
Great project opportunities, but low pay and irregular work schedule
CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH20 November 2019
I really enjoy my coworkers and the work I do is highly relevant for my career. I am currently working on developing a robot project for my department. Invacare does not pay its workers as well as it should, though. That is one criticism I have for management.
Laid off
Lead Warehouse Specialist, IVC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 November 2019
Poor management. Good job for a younger person. Laid off in March 2019. After 23 yrs. Warehouse closed. It was a good place to work. Advancement was minimal.
Can no longer live up to its reputation, once was a good company .
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH30 October 2019
Constantly eliminating positions, taking on more duties . work long hours, take work home and work weekends w/o overtime pay. Fast turn around in Management, promote Managers to Directors and they clearly dont have the experience. Always moving in a new direction with company , change of plans. Old software. No money to get anything , no holiday parties, no attendance bonus. 1% raise per year or none. Overworked employees and making mistakes . Working lots of OT and working Sunday , just to go to work on Monday and get sent home for 'lack of work'. Go through very aggressive interview process , very long to get back but when they do , offer too low. Good people dont stay .Lots of Micro-Managers . Typical environment there.
Manufacture wonderful, life changing products but leadership and culture broken and dismissive
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH18 September 2019
You will find many wonderful, long-term, dedicated employees that want the company to succeed. However, leadership is management by the minute/quarter and there is no appreciation of what the rank and file employees are doing. Even long tenured employees are having difficulty with the messages
Lack of positive talking about quality improvement to production employees
Calibration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FL14 September 2019
I started my new position as a Calibration Coordinator and manage MRB area. However, My supervisor was let go of the company about 3-4 weeks after been hired leaving me with no training of my new position (Calibration Coordinator). It was nobody else in the company that knew the roll so I had to learn fast. Thanks to my management and multi-task experience I was able to control everything within a year.
Pros
Bingo games base on question about safety - Winning prizes
Cons
Not enough management personnel to make quality improvement.
A meat grinder
Engineering Designer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH15 June 2019
A recent batch of employees worked 10-12 hours/day, 6 days a week to help the company reach a required FDA milestone.
They met their goal, then many were promptly let go soon afterwards.
The stock has been in the tank for years, and the internal atmosphere is very cut-throat.
If you're seriously looking for employment, there must be numerous better options than this.
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
Many
Wonderful employees great managers
Financial Services Coordinator Duties (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH 4403511 June 2019
I learned many new skills here and had the opportunity to be promoted as well. I like the fact they promote from within. Many nice people and the best manager ever!
No longer work here
Parts Catalog Designer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH14 May 2019
Company had a lot of issues when I worked there. They were under a government issued 'CD'. Then they laid off staff members. This place really didn't have a good "vibe".
Very safe and properly ran corporation. An ideal company to work for very corporate as well as attentive to its employees.
Industrial Seamstress Pattern Developer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH30 April 2019
This is a company that values all employees. They made us feel that we were their #1asset .Good company with a lot of energy. Less office politics and people work hard.
Invacare is a great place to work and is open to helping their employees.
Pros
Clean cllimate controlled very organized modern facilities and equipment.
Cons
A bit strict with all policies.
Challenging and rewarding
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH9 April 2019
Fast paced, learning every week, new products with a wide product line keeps the job interesting and keeps you competitive.
Has its challenges just like any large company in a competitive space.
More communication better organized
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fabrication8 April 2019
I love working at invakear ,but like every where else
You'll have good days and bad days.
Again I want to say that I'm grateful to be part of invakear corporation
And thank you for the opportunity
Pros
Co- workers all work good as a team
Cons
Lack of communication
Poor management
Assambler (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FL23 February 2019
Some weeks you work 40 hours some others 20 or 30 hours at 11 dollars cause the machines was brokens or not enought material to feeding the line it was a total mess everyday
Pros
Lunch
Cons
You have to work saturdays or you get fired
Very stressful work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OH10 February 2019
Great company to work for. You handle alot of consumers and their needs can be very demanding. This causes alot of stress. Management is now pretty great . The stress is unfortunately not something thay can be controlled due to the type of business it is.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stress
Challinging and a great place to learn
Materials Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FL8 December 2018
The best part of working here is that the always changing mentality keeps you in a great position to learn everyday. we continuous improvement projects help maximize space and productivity.
Pros
always something (project) to work on.
Cons
stressful sometimes.
Has been rocky and unstable over last year
POST ACUTE CARE SOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  United States27 November 2018
Invacare has great products! With the HME market we just can't compete with the competitors' lower priced products. Management has been unstable and directives unclear.
Very interesting industry
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH26 November 2018
Great flexibility in managing a sales territory. I was allowed to manage my territory in Wisconsin, independently and make business decisions based on local conditions. I was responsible for growing sales and I did so by starting out with a 2.6 million dollar territory and grew it to over 7 million.
Pros
Freedom to work independently
Cons
difficult funding issues in healthcare
Horrible!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH11 November 2018
Place is a nightmare! You work 10 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week. No matter how hard you try, it's never enough. Replacing older workers with temps who have nothing invested in company. The business on a whole is on shaky ground. Management is clueless in leading people.
Pros
None!
Cons
Work schedule is horrible, terrible management, no direction in company
Focused on Customers and Quality
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH10 November 2018
The company strives to provide customers with mobility needs that are of high quality and high value. Environment is fast paces with diverse projects and assignments.
Pros
Freedom to work on improvement projects
Cons
Difficult to advance in Management
Uncertainty
Rehab Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upstate NY8 November 2018
I was only at Invacare for 5 months and unexpectedly my position was eliminated. I was just starting to build a solid foundation as far as product knowledge, relationships with customers, etc. and this happened.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invacare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.