Invacare Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work!
Pindot custom seating (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH10 August 2018
Horrible place to work. Cut throat environment, the " new invacare" has no clue where it's going. Non stop temporary people coming and going. Waste time training them only to have them quit. Temps hired in at higher wage then 2-3 year hired in employees, and hired in earlier then long standing temps that have stuck with this joke of a company. Good solid workers are pushed even harder, while lazy workers are praised just for showing up. Blatant favoritism in the company as a whole.
Human resource is a joke! Don't waste your time reporting any issues, it will be ignored. HR is all about the management NOT the employees.
Long hours 10 days plus every Saturday and Sunday, sounds great until you do it for 20 t days straight! Find another place to work!
Would not recommend
Complaint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH29 July 2018

Hostile work environment

Lack of industry knowledge on the part of leaders

Lack of support by leaders, including HR

Inefficient processes
Dying Company
Electro-Mechanical Technician III (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH8 June 2018
Even though Invacare will likely exist, the corporate "oneness" and pride is dead. Unfortunately I have seen the death of the corporate culture. Those who work the hardest are not rewarded for their efforts. Unmerited favors are becoming more and more evident. Management acts like they are involved but in reality they have no idea what this company should be about and what is truly required to do good work.

Also, any time a challenge arises, management would rather pay another company to do the work than allow their employees to learn and grow through the challenge. This takes more time yes but the benefit of growth surpasses the time required to learn.
Pros
Good Pay (Only reason why anyone works here)
Cons
Culture, Management, No Growth Opportunity
Small Company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX3 June 2018
I spent 7 years at a company that I thought was gonna go places but unfortunately the company closed it's Arlington TX facility. I had left before the official closing to pursue other opportunities.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
No advancement Opportunities
Good place for an internship
New Product Development-Respiratory Intern (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH30 May 2018
Invacare was a good place to get an insight into the medical device field as a college student. You are introduced into the design process and you are able to sit in on some meetings with people with years of experience in the field.
ok place to work
Material handler, Shipper & receiver (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH26 May 2018
ok place to work pay is ok hard to move up in the company people there are very nice but all over worked management is not willing to work with people at times
Pros
they have a on site caffitria
Cons
hard to move up in the company
it was ok
Spray Technician (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FL20 May 2018
my rating speck for it all. when you work there you dont have a life and the pay you get is low and you only get a 5 cent raise and we paid for or benefit and if you work hard they dont recitation you
busy work/low pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH15 April 2018
Not a bad place to work if you have zero ambision. Low pay for a decent days work. Nothing too hard just mindless assembly type stuff. Decent benefits tho
Benefits
Cons
pay
Poor management
Lease Processor Coordinator/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  elyria ohio15 April 2018
Nothing but broken promises. I was told my job was safe and management had their team in place but my job was still eliminated due to restructure & the FDA issues with the consent decree
Stressfull, micro managed
Electronic Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH4 April 2018
I enjoyed many years there. Then many changes of management at top level changed. New management had no knowledge of products being manufactured or purchased.
Pros
Meet some nice people over the many years. Decent pay. Free turkeys for Thanksgiving.
Cons
To many to list.
Great People Excellent Enviroment
Sr. Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH25 March 2018
Great Manager: Respectful, Professional, Knowledgeable,showed empathy to his employees, always cared about his people.
Great co-workers, great technology
pitiful
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH13 March 2018
started as a temp thru a temp service and it took nearly a year to hire on . human resources is the worse.. did emotion human resources was the worse..
Pros
Cons
everything
A lot of work behind the computer, less hands-on
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH13 February 2018
This job dealt with a lot of repetitive, tedious work. It was not very interesting to run part configurator numbers through a program and get part numbers which were repeated through the program to determine the base parts that could be obsoleted. It took long, but allowed me to manage large amounts of part numbers/data. I also learned professional communication, how to format excel sheets, and ask for additional work. There were some opportunities to work hands-on with some products, but they had to be searched for. At the end of the internship, interns presented to their managers about the work they had done to draw the experience to a close.
Good benefits and income potential.
Post Acute Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS13 February 2018
Was a great company that manufactured innovative medical devices that greatly improved lives. Industry, reimbursement, government and management changes have taken the company to a much different place. It was a place where you could work hard, earn a fair salary and if you wanted, retire from one day. But not any longer.
Pros
great co-workers, compensation and benefits
Cons
lay offs, cut backs, job insecurity, lower compensation
decline to state
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA1 February 2018
My rating and experience with regard to job/work life balance at Invacare is extremely low due to the fact that Invacare previously offered aggressive, strong salary and bonus compensation/benefits but presently does not. There is minimal room for advancement/promotion within the company and job security is extremely low as the company has drastically downsized and terminated hundreds of employees, resulting in overloading existing employees' workloads. Invacare previously had strong upper leadership and management but that changed after multiple experienced managers were also terminated. The job culture is strong due to working with talented, experienced and personable representatives and corporate leadership. Upper leadership's only focus is on their shareholders and not customers or employees.
Pros
Job Culture/employees
Cons
Job security and advancement
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH15 January 2018
For many years Invacare was a great company to work for. Current management seems to have lost their way. Not sure if they will adapt or run the company into the ground.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Poor management
stressful, on edge, not an enjoyable workplace
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FL14 January 2018
Use to be a fun enjoyable establishment. No longer! Breaks are too short.Activities gone (bowling,christmas parties..etc.) No bonuses for perfect attendance
Pros
popcorn and ice cream
Cons
short breaks, no bonuses, company activities dismissed.
Job Security Currently Not Predictable
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH19 December 2017
I enjoyed my time with my coworkers at Invacare. I enjoyed helping my callers resolve their issues. Everyone was nice, no one was discourteous at any time. Managers were wonderful.
Pros
The people, decent benifits
Cons
Job security
I really enjoyed working at this company
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH16 December 2017
I was well received by all of my co workers I also received letter of recommendation from my supervisor for another job placement through this company once this assignment ended
Pros
very nice place to work well recieved
Cons
no benefits
N/a
Marketing Projects Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH26 October 2017
Former 25 year employee caught up in Invacare's consent decree and forced downsizing. Since the time I've been employed, most of peers and management are no longer there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invacare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.