ISS Facility Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from ISS Facility Services:

ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Cleaner28 reviews
New Zealand28 reviews
productive serious business when cleaning govt buildings and Banks
As a cleaner for ISS Facility Services I liked working with my Team Leader she was very good trainer. commerical cleaner can be a delicate job.
very rewarding.
Hospital Cleaner/ Dementia Areas. Laundry area's.
Rest home

Vacuum floors

Kitchen areas

Dementia Rooms, Office areas
Fun Work
It works great with time management especially having kids. I learn how to arm and disarm work places and clean properly making sure the job gets done well, and workers who work on site during the day are happy with the work I do. Its a good and welcoming workplace, there is no hard part while being a cleaner,Why? Because you work at your own time and own pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing early to go home and see family.
Worked doing all kinds of cleaning it was fun but hard work and late hours
Will I meet lots of different kinds of people learnt how messy other cultures are and worked lots of different hours but it was hard work for some of the jobs as it was quite messy sometimes I could work a day shift witch started at 9 and finished at 5 then at 7 start cleaning offices but the pay was hard to get sorted as I could end up doing way over the 70 hours a week but only get paid for the hour or Less we meant to be there for.
Pros
Sometimes company car
Awesome time at ISS Cleaning
It was a really awesome job. I really loved cleaning and the people I got to meet at each cleaning sites were amazing and awesome seeing new faces and making sure everything is clean and spotless for them. especially my team work colleagues we would all help each other out. I would start at 3pm and finish work around 1am.
Pros
Good people Good Friends
Cons
less pay for what I was doing
Very poor management
Currently employed by ISS in hamilton and the site manager is useless. All stay are under, not by a few hours but close to 10 or more hours. Staff are kept on casual contract and when dispute about being under paid the manager disadvantages there work hours. This is not the story only one site and other site staff under different management are having the same issue.
Cons
Illegal practices for under paying
Working with/ without a Team, our Supervisor is Massive and always asking if everything is Ok or any problems have arisen to his attention.
A typical day at work is never like the other, just gets better, if it isn't our supervisors/managers will sort it out.
Workplace culture is enjoyable, bums down, heads up.

Hardest part of job, not having the correct equipment.

Most enjoyable part of job is Payday. Yeeha!!! when paid correctly.

Bummer when that doesn't happens, still haven't been paid the correct wages the whole of August 2018. Hello Wages.

Do the right thing, correct it. Dur!!

Regards

Miriam Brown
Pros
No complaints from Clients and KFC
Cons
Not getting paid correctly
Get the job done quick and most of all properly cover all jobs
All I can say it was great at first i loved working every night but month later on my partner started relying on me to do his work as well when I had finished my jobs no good.
Pros
Jobs were great good hours
Cons
Lazy partner...lack of leadership
hard working
Learnt a lot of things with in this job, making sure everything was spotless, had really good experience in what task was given to do, hardest part was less time with family due to working 7 days morning and night shifts but most of all the enjoyable part is meeting multi cultural people.
No your clients
Going to work to clean is a typical day.Management is there with you at the location of the workplace.Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to no the clients that you working for and the hardest job trying to clean around people in there work space while they working.These's always going to be different cultures in workplaces and that's when everyone has to work together as one even though sometimes its hard to understand the way they speak.
Fun work place as a cleaner
I enjoy working as a cleaner at ISS Facility Services. I am a good fit
for the job but want to extend my job from a cleaner to a healthcare assistant.
Pros
Cons
Yes Please
With better management would be great.
Management are hardly ever able to get hold of, and if you do get hold of them they don't seem to be able to do alot.
The 0800 number for staff to communicate with their employers, payroll etc when you ring it the call centre can't seem to find your supervisor let alone know one even exists in your town.

In time i worked there i was told of so many workers getting underpaid and/or not paid on time.

For the amount of driving you do to the other side of town and back you get no travel assistance.

Could be a great place to work for. Just needs a little work first.
Cons
Late hours on weeknights, miscommunication, alot of work for not much.
Organised
Awesome to work under ISS Facilities. The company is well organised and prepared. When ever I need products that I have run out. The order is delivered to the site on time ready for me to continue with my daily routine to clean
Pros
Hours are suitable for me
Productive and friendly staff to work with
I worked at Trafalgar Square in the food court, clearing tables, doing dishes, cleaning floors, delivering dishes back to the right people. The staff were friendly and easy to get on with.
Pros
Helpful staff
Hard work
Working on wards cleaning was very hard you had to work around patients that were in bed clean in lounge were families were up side was you always got a thank you for what you did and other staff were great.
cleaning
cleaning toilets, vacuuming classrooms and moping floors et, not my kind of liking but a job was a job. I just earned a lil bit on the side for my personal needs.
increases the physical activity, learning new ways to clean, fun to work
good day at work, learned many things like more of hard work. Nice management with good and co-operative co-workers. I enjoy my every job that I get into
was good
i enjoyed the job ,Looked after staff , trained and all got a long fine, did lots of different jobs at different places , no one part of thejob was hard
Working with a team is funny
Every night I have to work except Thursday and Friday. I am polishing the floor by using burnisher. Actually this work is fairly hard. Difficult to finish the floor within given time frame. So I take some more time to finish the task. Some days there are no more marks and dust on the floor. So that days I manage my given time properly. Because I do the dust roll and burning same time.
I am working in the food court on Thursday and Friday at day time. This time is really enjoyable. Because we are working as a team and we are talking with customers.

In this job I learned how to manage the time, about cleaning method.
always play volley at lunch
i work really well with my team and everyone treat equal,respect other peoples culture,manager shes really good with us working together as team
Pros
manager always shout us free lunches
Cons
we work overtime when theres a functions and the place needs to be done asap
fun and very challeninging at times
I.S.S is a great company to work for, very flexible and fit in nicely with family leisure time.
Going into work every morning was great, looking forward to seeing the clients faces, although being a cleaner has its challenging times, co-workers were great to work with. liaising with management was very easy going.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K