JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS Employee Reviews

New Zealand4 reviews
A great place to learn
Given that I was still in Uni, I got an opportunity to work in a company that helped me start my career. I learnt the ins and outs of tea and coffee from a quality perspective and met amazing people on the way. Time management, when in doubt- ask, and ask and ask questions are key things I have learnt in my role. As a quality person, you must be very curious and want to find a root cause to problems and then want to find solutions to it. That was very eye opening and also quite challenging. Sometimes it takes a few extra steps in getting an answer and can push you to a breaking point where you just want to give up. But because I loved what I was doing, I didn't. I was at the start of my career and wanted to learn so being part of this company helped me with that.
Pros
Working Culture, machine production staff were easy to work with, professional development options were good
Cons
Work load was too much for 1 person
fun
Everyone is outgoing.I learner many things.I like talking and interacting with am a YR13 student studying at McAuley High School looking a part time or casual job so I can help out my family. I enjoy working outside with my hands and I love to play outside also love helping other.I am a humble person I am always outgoing willing to do anything for any one.
It was hard
It was hard job because they always wanted you to do everything right they had so many rules and like the job was not fun.But the people were amazing and loveing.
Welcoming to casual workers. However in group meetings it may be a little much to expect casual workers to be apart of it. I understand there are some important things like safety issues which are discussed, but the requirement to give improvement ideas etc may be a little scary to some casuals who have only just begun.