Jani-King
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Jani-King Employee Reviews

New Zealand15 reviews
This work requires experience in professional cleaning as it requires you to be fast, agile, and alert as the job must be done with quality. Working here gave me a new perspective about professional cleaning and has improved my cleaning skills.
Punctual is very important and reliable and honesty is very important to the job. Details important also and appropriate with correct times handling different task's
I used to the clean the carpets in the schools,bars,restaurants.Mostly the night shift,nice workplace to work within.Manager had the smile on his face with positive attitude which made staff more comfortable at work.For the future growth,I am wanting the better opportunity .
After hours cleaning work was great for a student job. Overall work was okay however there were some companies we cleaned for that were very uptight about the slightest details. i.e. They would leave a small coffee mark in a stairwell no one uses to test us.
everyone so sweet and lovely. They are all so helpful as i am was just learning when i arrived and helped me out whenever i needed including rides home when i needed it :)
4 hours cleaning at a time. not always cleaning at the same place. different chemicals used on different surfaces. refilling towels soap dispenser toilet paper and taking out the rubbish.
Pros
small hours for single mum
Cons
driving for place to place
Had some payment issues from them, which was sorted after awhile,had issues with the payroll system which is in liquidation and still waiting for holiday pay 7 months later
Great part time job as a student to be able to work full weeks at night as well as have time to study during the day. However this meant I had no time to relax and was constantly working. Pay was decent.
I learned how to do vacuuming properly and how to ensure nothing left on the ground. it is also the hardest part of the work. The work culture is fun and friendly for newcomers
Pros
easy to learn and handle
Cons
Low paid
My boss is a very nice person, he taught me some skills for cleaning, and also provide free drinks for me, and I also can take a ride at my boss's car, that will save me some money. But sometimes I feel tired, because we totally got 4 places to clean up. Sometimes it's always raining, we may have a tough time, these will take us more time to finish them.
Pros
provide free drinks and can take a ride.
Cons
it is always tired and may catch a cold.
A fast paced environment. I enjoyed making people who had the desire to be successful, successful, that was staff or franchisees. We had a great culture and it was a good place to work. Neat staff.
It was my first job and everything goes well. my job is to clean up the office building in four hours. Nothing hard and special.
Pros
not any supervising
Cons
working alone
In Jani King, Owner is too nice and good. he know to manage the staff. All workers as well as me, we are happy to worked here, i met new people daily in offices where i was going for work, I will get information about how to do work in Auckland, NZ. My co workers are very friendly, they always guide to do good. Now i have experience and doing well. company is satisfied with my working skills.
Pros
free food always given like fruit n vegetavbles
Cons
7 hrs in a day
Being a Peer Tutor was fun as well as a tough job. My only aim was to make sure that all students that I tutor pass the subject. One problem I faced was to understand what problems the students faced. I had to think what their problem was and explain them in a way that it was simple for them to understand. Probably that was the hardest part of the job. Finally what I enjoyed was to hear that my students had passed, surprisingly students who were not interested in the subject had also made it.
Pros
good pay as a student.
Cons
after hours tutorials.
Difficult environment. Poor job security and compensation.