Jeanswest

Jeanswest Employee Reviews

New Zealand11 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Easy first job but horrible when wanting to advance

Worked here for multiple years, started great with a great in store culture but as time went on management got worse and communication became minimal from head office and regionals to staff. The turnover rate for staff became a joke and you would be alone in the store for sometimes 8+ hours a day 5 days a week and no one from upper management seemed to care. When trying to get help from regionals you would get ignored for hours and be told to figure it out yourself. When trying to get promoted you wouldnt be considered for internal hire.

The expectation for casuals to be available 24/7

Had only just started and was unable to attend a few shifts because I was sick and had other commitments. However, I still completed a lot of shifts and the manager got quite angry and rude because I was unable to attend every single shift despite being called in last minute. The workplace was very competitive and you get constantly compared to the other workers there. Would not recommend it unless you have 24/7 availability and are unable to get sick.

Positive experience and great career growth

Positive experience and great career growth. Could be stressful at times but any sales/KPI based position could be. Felt very supported when needed from higher management.

Unorganised

Really unorganised and was thrown into the deep end the day I started. Poor communication between management and staff, work place culture is not the best.

Productive and fun place to work.

You'll find that you'll build really good relationships with regular customers even on a personal level. Best place I've worked my manager was the best so were my colleagues

Pros

A lot of trainings that helped us improve and grow

Cons

Standing all hours of the day, under paid

awesome

I worked there 5 years ago i loved it i was in a management roll and thought i was a awesome boss hahaha a good role model and done my best to represent Jeans west but i have now heard that everyone in the higher office in Auckland is not there anymore so i'm not sure now what it would be like to work but id work there again from my experience

Good first job however problems exist within the wider company

I did not really enjoy my experience working at jeanswest. It was a good way to break into the retail industry and learn about selling and marketing however the overall environment was not pleasant.

Pros

* Rewards for good customer experience

Cons

unorganised, management was not secure, bad pay

fun work place

it was good working here because i got to meet new customers everyday and helping them with everything they wanted or needed

Great experience

Jeanswest taught me a lot. My manager was amazing and very helpful. I loved working there.

Pros

busy area, made sales fast

Cons

short hours

fun and enrgetic

Beggining with meetings and targets for the day, clearing and preping store, greeting, meeting and serving customers, taking ther mechindise and upselling wen you can or cross sell, taking payments and giving them a pleasent experience while being in the store, stock take twice a year, the hardest part of the job is not being able to stop theft, when stock take is done then we fall short, team environment was always fun and alot of good experience.

Pros

no pros

Jeanswest

was a funtime working in retail was my first real job i was only ment to be a casual for 2 monts but i ended up working there for nearly a year becoming a key holder and opening and closing the store also taking the daily takings to the bank. i enjoyed working in retail and a trying to find something like this. um i didnt find anything hard i liked what i done like stock taking ordering preoducts doing general merchandising customert service money handiling and opening and closing the store. loved working long hours now that i am a mom i need to get back into working to provide. i loved finding clothes that fit well with customers and loved them being happy and enjoying it

Pros

Cons

low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jeanswest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Jeanswest
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?