Jeanswest

Jeanswest Culture reviews

New Zealand11 reviews

Clear
3.6Work–Life Balance

Easy first job but horrible when wanting to advance

Worked here for multiple years, started great with a great in store culture but as time went on management got worse and communication became minimal from head office and regionals to staff. The turnover rate for staff became a joke and you would be alone in the store for sometimes 8+ hours a day 5 days a week and no one from upper management seemed to care. When trying to get help from regionals you would get ignored for hours and be told to figure it out yourself. When trying to get promoted you wouldnt be considered for internal hire.

The expectation for casuals to be available 24/7

Had only just started and was unable to attend a few shifts because I was sick and had other commitments. However, I still completed a lot of shifts and the manager got quite angry and rude because I was unable to attend every single shift despite being called in last minute. The workplace was very competitive and you get constantly compared to the other workers there. Would not recommend it unless you have 24/7 availability and are unable to get sick.

Unorganised

Really unorganised and was thrown into the deep end the day I started. Poor communication between management and staff, work place culture is not the best.

Productive and fun place to work.

You'll find that you'll build really good relationships with regular customers even on a personal level. Best place I've worked my manager was the best so were my colleagues

Pros

A lot of trainings that helped us improve and grow

Cons

Standing all hours of the day, under paid

fun work place

it was good working here because i got to meet new customers everyday and helping them with everything they wanted or needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jeanswest. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Jeanswest