Jenny Craig
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

Found 1 review matching the search
I've worked for them a long time and seen many changes. The business was really affected by the '08 Financial Crisis and never recovered. But the powers that be seem to like to pretend it never happened and that people still have a lot of expendable cash,especially since the onslaught of a lot of free weight loss apps and services. Many people can't afford to pay $150 + a week on our food and then buy fruit,vegetables and yogurts,plus food for their family. They pressure you to sell add on items like milk replacement shakes,bars,vitamins and liquids Kirstie Allie had at her own company. You also deal with people who have deep emotional eating issues and we are not trained for that. Due to budget cuts you may work many shifts alone. It's hard to get help for coverage if you want a vacation and you better not get sick or they make you feel like a slacker.The only holidays they are closed now are Thanksgiving and Christmas, even though clients are at bbq's on The Fourth, Labor Day,Memorial day, you are there alone and on the phone or sending emails,begging people to come in. In many centers it's like a sorority of mean girls and upper management plays favorite between centers. The daily ,weekly and monthly goals are unrealistic in this financial climate,the food is expensive, many clients try to supplement with other frozen foods. The computer system never worked well from day one. If it is working, it is working slowly. They have entrees in the ordering system that are discontinued but they keep them there bc it's too much work to remove, but it's ok for us to work around. We - more...
Pros
If you get clients who actually do the program and do not treat the consultant like a therapist, it can be rewarding to see people reach their goal and learn how to eat properly.
Cons
No time off, working alone in a dark mall at night, management has unrealistic expectations, clients have serious food addictions