Kelly Services Management reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 14,320 reviews
They work together
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland1 June 2018
I learn how to scan and help each other, the management is friendly and helpful. I worked at the warehouse distribution at Wiri, they distributed goods to every warehouse stores.
Cons
40 hours
Fun
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 June 2017
Working with Kelly was a lot of fun, and very challenging. I have learned professional customer service, and was able to work unsupervised. The management was very good, and I loved the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job, is the effort I put into my work which is irresistible, but I always try hard. The most enjoyable part was to associate with other people from different backgrounds, with wonderful personalities.
Productive and fun workplace - Family feel
AR Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury3 November 2016
The office consists of the ANZ Payroll team and AR Team. I am the only manager in the office and report to the Finance Director in Australia.

At first I was overwhelmed with the unexpected responsibility of managing the office in Christchurch, but has all been a great experience, I had to learn the in and outs of recruitment very fast and have developed insight on how payroll works also. I particularly enjoy the month end reporting and forecasting.

My Team has been nothing but supportive of me since I started, they have a great respect for me and are very productive. We all work well together, although I have had some challenges pop up, together as a team we overcame.

Management - It has been quite difficult as I have had 3 managers in 2 years and each have their own style, it has bought about many changes but I am fine with change when it is beneficial and adapt well.

I did find that there was lack of support from my manager, he manages alot of people and found he was not responsive to my emails, phone messages. He had very little time for my team. The positive is that the figures are great, targets achieved and is no need to micromanage the AR team but did make things very difficult when I am waiting on answers for Bonuses/reviews and it was always brushed off, when I know my team was deserving. This would have to be the hardest part of my job as my team come first to me and I have an open door policy so concerns were expressed and I had no authority to act so was constantly on my managers back.

Most enjoyable part of my job is the family feel we have created.
  more... I have organized team building exercises when I felt Moral is down across the AR and payroll team. Had staff partake in the biggest loser competition in which I organized training for motivation. We are a very close knit, fun productive team in which makes work a great place to be.  less
Pros
Awesome Team.
Cons
Bonuses never being paid out. Working whilst away on holiday, which I did not mind, comes with management but was definitely no appreciation for it.
while the job itself were great to all the places I worked. I learnt some skills and ideas from all the places i worked.
Pick Picker (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui29 May 2016
My day at orginal foods is busy to fun I have to switch in between different roles like decorating the products, make boxes, fed the stuffs in machine and packing. In foodstuffs, it is a lifting, stacking, warping, counting with the voice machine and pump truck. I learnt things like using machine, packing, bread making skills, how to work in team, friendship with co-worker. In some places the management team are great and friendly where as in some place not. The hardest part of the job as a worker were when you deserved some thing and you won't get that was painful. enjoyable part was every job was challenging and hard in the beginning but the same job became easier and fun as I used to the job and the environment.
Pros
learnt some things
Cons
highreacy, partiality, bad treatment
Energetic & Lively atmosphere
Executive Activity officer - Student Council (Current Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland4 December 2015
Working with Kelly services in Sky TV is dream come true, the people around are helpful and its very enjoyable. I dont feel tired working in long shifts, Though the job was of Customer service management and not really related to tourism as per my specialisation. Still working there is very easy with such an outgoing staff.
Pros
Lunch provided by Kelly service (eg:- Pizza)
Cons
Freedom to select your shifts & over time work
Easy to talk to team.
Retail Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Whangarei13 July 2015
I found working with Kelly Services relatively easy as they always emailed me jobs which was in the Northland area, as it is where I am based at the moment. If I had any queries, they were just a phone call away. :)

There never really was a typical day at work, I learned new skills that helped me with my job, management was good, my co-workers were good, the hardest part of the job was working varied hours but I soon got used to that, the most enjoyable part of the job was when I had completed my job as a temp worker and got rave reviews from the employers.
Pros
Working with different people in different organisations.
Cons
Long hours, travelling to job but fuel allowance paid out.
Fun working
Customer Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 April 2014
Great Management
 Handling customers calls professionally
 Provide customers with movies and events information
 Enter Customer Information while answering them
 Identify and escalate priorities/Process orders
 Route calls to appropriate resources, complete call logs
 Adhering to the Quality Parameters and Compliance
 Upgrading/Downgrading Services as Required/Requested
One of the first Recruitment companies in the world
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N23 January 2014
Highly skilled personnel work for Kelly Services, Kelly Engineering Resources being a branch of..
The training of personnel is of the highest standars and that is why they are one of the most successful recruiters in the world
Pros
Thorough Training
Fun and nice people
Assembling Components (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N17 July 2013
While I was working I made a lot of life long friends and became less shy of meeting new people, I enjoyed meeting the team for the first time.

I learnt to work in a fast pace, and to complete a set assignment set for me. Also people skills were learnt which is a big advantage for me as I was a shy person.

I felt comfortable talking to the management, team leaders etc. They always made me feel like I could ask anything and were always straight forward.

The hardest part of the job for me was when I was just starting out as it was my first time in the work industry. On another note the most enjoyable part of my job was accomplishing my set assignments within the first couple of weeks being with the job.
Pros
good cafe's
Cons
overtime
Fun place to work at and there was a ping pong table if you wanted to play.
Picker/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Brownsbay/Auckland NZ22 February 2013
A typical day Started at 9pm and would finish anytime around 6-6.30am the next day. The most that I learned from doing this type of work is how much variety there is in stock in supermarkets. The management where considerate and had a good knowledge of requirements. My co-workers were from different backgrounds and also age's which made an interesting knights work.The job wasn't to hard as we learned more about how it was done. The most enjoyable aspect was getting to know different people.
Pros
free coffee but you needed your own cup as they didn't supply any
Cons
misunderstanding between the supervisors
Awesome place to work with an opportunity to grow in every department
Contact Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  Onehunga23 October 2012
Gained SAP experience at my last temp assignment. The hardest part of the job was upselling to customers that already knew what products they had called in for and becoming as fast as the permanents that already worked there. Most enjoyable part were the people I met through working there and the activities they provided for the employees within work hours and outside of work. I loved working at my last position.
Pros
great co - workers, job was enjoyable and management was awesme too.
Cons
the distance to the job