Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kelly Employee Reviews

New Zealand54 reviews
Kelly's have had no trouble finding work for me. The pay is not great but it is fair for the type of work being done.

I was disappointed with them when they did not apply for the government wage subsidies for their staff during the Covid 19 lockdown.
High employee turnover, everyone I worked with quit after a handful of days or looked like they wanted to quit. Most of the permanent staff are fine, except for a few individuals who are rude and difficult to work with. One office lady in particular is just very angry and is always rude to everyone. The job itself is incredibly easy, however having to work with rude people makes it difficult.
Pros
I did some temp work for kelly services over fifteen years ago.
I'm really sorry I can't remember much but I do remember I enjoyed my temping excperience
Had a lot of experience there learnt new things about factory’s . A lot of pick and packing . Good customer service . Sometimes bossy specially the lady’s . They are like rough and hard ...
meeting new people and making new friends
i learned how to stock and prepare products

the management team are very kind and strict but the work place culture is fair and ideal.

the hardest part of the job was the level of products and lifting bigger items into boxes. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people.
labelling, team effort, fast paced, problem solving, standing on feet for long periods at a time, machine maintenace, organisation skills, team work .
Kelly Services do not follow through on supporting you while you're placed in an assignment. They are quick to sign you up to their Recruitment Agency but they do not follow up on their clients to see how they are in the work place. They also get the pay wrong, they do not pay you the right amount, you have to constantly chase them up on your pay and that is unprofessional.
Getting to meet new mates and very diversity

Family oriented moving to New place of work

Learning new skills new ideas free uniform and shoes ppe gear
Pros
Cons
Attitude
Very good communication and flow with finding new jobs when assignments were finished.

Team was also very easy going and fun did not have any problems
Pros
ongoing jobs
Cons
only temping
I learn how to scan and help each other, the management is friendly and helpful. I worked at the warehouse distribution at Wiri, they distributed goods to every warehouse stores.
Cons
40 hours
I really enjoyed my time at Kelly service very supportive manager and understanding, nice culture and environment. we deal with angry clients sometimes that their employees haven't showed up for their shift so we need to prioritise replacing the employees that need instant replacement, could be very stressful at times. our manager is always a great back up if we are unable to finish the task onetime. always there for support. she is an excellent manager.
Pros
stressful
Cons
working after hours
Kelly's services helps employs individuals who is willing and keen to get back into employment, also provides you with other jobs while your employed.
I was lucky enough to work with great people that made my work day so fun.. kelly services placed me at the warehouse in wiri for a short period of time
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
no parking
This job is a temp agency that allocate work for you.The hardest part of this job is waiting for a reply back from the agency. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you receive a phone call if you interested in a job and when can you start work.
I was happy the day and time suited my family circumstances. I worked night shift which suited me even though the salary wasn't great but i was happy
Starting new assignments was exciting, learning new things I enjoyed, finding my place was comfortable and I felt at home in every work place I worked at.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
driving to far for work
Love working in a team. I'm currently a trainer at my present job training new staff that come in and also permanent staff. I thrive on training people and working in a great team.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Pay rate
Productive and fun learning but really stressful. I enjoyed the work I done for Kelly services but the job didnt fit my health lifestyle but I would go back in a heart beat.
Busy achieving in the job required.
Learnt never take anything for granted and work hard for success.

Management was loyal to employees as benefits and hours were always there to work ',Down fall was management never took much time conversing on the floor with workers to get problems solved. Work culture was cold and quiet and was a job that i feel workers could be appreciated for what was successfully achieved.Hardest part of the job was problem solving capacity of space with production.

Most enjoyable part was gaining personal experience in working with older folk and their wise knowledge of manufacturing and production.
Pros
Shared lunches
Cons
Working with Kelly was a lot of fun, and very challenging. I have learned professional customer service, and was able to work unsupervised. The management was very good, and I loved the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job, is the effort I put into my work which is irresistible, but I always try hard. The most enjoyable part was to associate with other people from different backgrounds, with wonderful personalities.
Working for kellys gives you lots of new qulification and skill around factory work, they provide you with all the needfull things you need to get the job done.