Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kelly Management reviews

New Zealand53 reviews
meeting new people and making new friends
i learned how to stock and prepare products

the management team are very kind and strict but the work place culture is fair and ideal.
the hardest part of the job was the level of products and lifting bigger items into boxes. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people.
High employee turnover, everyone I worked with quit after a handful of days or looked like they wanted to quit. Most of the permanent staff are fine, except for a few individuals who are rude and difficult to work with. One office lady in particular is just very angry and is always rude to everyone. The job itself is incredibly easy, however having to work with rude people makes it difficult.
Pros
I learn how to scan and help each other, the management is friendly and helpful. I worked at the warehouse distribution at Wiri, they distributed goods to every warehouse stores.
Cons
40 hours
Busy achieving in the job required.
Learnt never take anything for granted and work hard for success.

Management was loyal to employees as benefits and hours were always there to work ',Down fall was management never took much time conversing on the floor with workers to get problems solved. Work culture was cold and quiet and was a job that i feel workers could be appreciated for what was successfully achieved.Hardest part of the job was problem solving capacity of space with production.
Most enjoyable part was gaining personal experience in working with older folk and their wise knowledge of manufacturing and production.
Pros
Shared lunches
Cons
Working with Kelly was a lot of fun, and very challenging. I have learned professional customer service, and was able to work unsupervised. The management was very good, and I loved the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job, is the effort I put into my work which is irresistible, but I always try hard. The most enjoyable part was to associate with other people from different backgrounds, with wonderful personalities.
The office consists of the ANZ Payroll team and AR Team. I am the only manager in the office and report to the Finance Director in Australia.

At first I was overwhelmed with the unexpected responsibility of managing the office in Christchurch, but has all been a great experience, I had to learn the in and outs of recruitment very fast and have developed insight on how payroll works also. I particularly enjoy the month end reporting and forecasting.

My Team has been nothing but supportive of me since I started, they have a great respect for me and are very productive. We all work well together, although I have had some challenges pop up, together as a team we overcame.

Management - It has been quite difficult as I have had 3 managers in 2 years and each have their own style, it has bought about many changes but I am fine with change when it is beneficial and adapt well.

I did find that there was lack of support from my manager, he manages alot of people and found he was not responsive to my emails, phone messages. He had very little time for my team. The positive is that the figures are great, targets achieved and is no need to micromanage the AR team but did make things very difficult when I am waiting on answers for Bonuses/reviews and it was always brushed off, when I know my team was deserving. This would have to be the hardest part of my job as my team come first to me and I have an open door policy so concerns were expressed and I had no authority to act so was constantly on my managers back.

Most enjoyable part of my job is the family feel we have created.
 - more...
Pros
Awesome Team.
Cons
Bonuses never being paid out. Working whilst away on holiday, which I did not mind, comes with management but was definitely no appreciation for it.
My day at orginal foods is busy to fun I have to switch in between different roles like decorating the products, make boxes, fed the stuffs in machine and packing. In foodstuffs, it is a lifting, stacking, warping, counting with the voice machine and pump truck. I learnt things like using machine, packing, bread making skills, how to work in team, friendship with co-worker. In some places the management team are great and friendly where as in some place not. The hardest part of the job as a worker were when you deserved some thing and you won't get that was painful. enjoyable part was every job was challenging and hard in the beginning but the same job became easier and fun as I used to the job and the environment.
Pros
learnt some things
Cons
highreacy, partiality, bad treatment
Working with Kelly services in Sky TV is dream come true, the people around are helpful and its very enjoyable. I dont feel tired working in long shifts, Though the job was of Customer service management and not really related to tourism as per my specialisation. Still working there is very easy with such an outgoing staff.
Pros
Lunch provided by Kelly service (eg:- Pizza)
Cons
Freedom to select your shifts & over time work
I found working with Kelly Services relatively easy as they always emailed me jobs which was in the Northland area, as it is where I am based at the moment. If I had any queries, they were just a phone call away. :)

There never really was a typical day at work, I learned new skills that helped me with my job, management was good, my co-workers were good, the hardest part of the job was working varied hours but I soon got used to that, the most enjoyable part of the job was when I had completed my job as a temp worker and got rave reviews from the employers.
Pros
Working with different people in different organisations.
Cons
Long hours, travelling to job but fuel allowance paid out.
Great Management
 Handling customers calls professionally
 Provide customers with movies and events information

 Enter Customer Information while answering them

 Identify and escalate priorities/Process orders

 Route calls to appropriate resources, complete call logs

 Adhering to the Quality Parameters and Compliance

 Upgrading/Downgrading Services as Required/Requested
While I was working I made a lot of life long friends and became less shy of meeting new people, I enjoyed meeting the team for the first time.

I learnt to work in a fast pace, and to complete a set assignment set for me. Also people skills were learnt which is a big advantage for me as I was a shy person.

I felt comfortable talking to the management, team leaders etc. They always made me feel like I could ask anything and were always straight forward.

The hardest part of the job for me was when I was just starting out as it was my first time in the work industry. On another note the most enjoyable part of my job was accomplishing my set assignments within the first couple of weeks being with the job.
Pros
good cafe's
Cons
overtime
A typical day Started at 9pm and would finish anytime around 6-6.30am the next day. The most that I learned from doing this type of work is how much variety there is in stock in supermarkets. The management where considerate and had a good knowledge of requirements. My co-workers were from different backgrounds and also age's which made an interesting knights work.The job wasn't to hard as we learned more about how it was done. The most enjoyable aspect was getting to know different people.
Pros
free coffee but you needed your own cup as they didn't supply any
Cons
misunderstanding between the supervisors
Gained SAP experience at my last temp assignment. The hardest part of the job was upselling to customers that already knew what products they had called in for and becoming as fast as the permanents that already worked there. Most enjoyable part were the people I met through working there and the activities they provided for the employees within work hours and outside of work. I loved working at my last position.
Pros
great co - workers, job was enjoyable and management was awesme too.
Cons
the distance to the job