KENNARDS HIRE Employee Reviews

Good work place
Serviceman/driver (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW20 August 2019
Company is great to work for.
great team of blokes they really go out of there way for family values.

CONS - pay is extremely poor for the long and hard hours and don't get paid o/t

Pros - could possibly go along way within the company
fun place to work
Serviceperson/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Mona Vale NSW11 August 2019
During my time working at kennards i learnt about new machinery and equipment. It was a relaxed work environment and the management team were very good
The worst place that I ever worked for.
Service person/driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 July 2019
Very long hours of work, starts from 6:15 am to 5:30pm. people works there longer than you thinks they know everything. Very bad management, no support from the manager at all. Very low paid for those long hard working hours. When you start to get used to it, they got rid of you for not even telling you why! Not even let you explain ( of course, because they won't tell you what have you done wrong. )
Pros
Good quality uniforms
Cons
Long hours and low paid, bad management!
Productive and Inclusive
Service Person / Driver (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, ACT, AU10 December 2018
Kennards Hire has gone to great lengths to produce a world-class business model. As they claim, everything is transparent and any employee can see any detail about the company that they like. This goes a long way to creating a real team environment.
Job security and reward for those not afraid of hard work
State Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 October 2018
If you want a job where you can clock in, do the same thing over and over, and go home - don't apply. Working at Kennards isn't just about being able to pay your bills.

At Branch level the hours are long, yes, but the work is incredibly rewarding. Tasks can vary for staff at any level on a daily basis so you're always kept on your toes.

Staff have great job security and the company prides itself on a great work environment, and training staff to constantly grow skills and move into roles that challenge you.

Every staff member is reviewed twice a year to make sure they're working together well and held accountable- even state and upper management.

They regularly reward individual and staff achievements and excellence with State and National Awards Nights, and other incentives throughout the year.

Kennards treats every employee like an extension of their own family, and invest a lot of time in you as a person so you can be the best employee you can be.
Pros
Regular monetary staff incentives, great work culture
Cons
Can be long hours
Good culture and work/life balance
Business Intelligence Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 October 2018
Kennards is a family business that cares about their employees' safety and happiness. Having worked closely with the upper management, I can say that they're genuine about wanting to create a good culture and they are proud of being awarded #7 best place to work in Australia.
A great place to work
Talent & Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 October 2018
A company that truly lives by its values everyday and has imbedded a culture of transparency, support, collaboration and family.

Policies which promote career development and health and wellbeing for all its employees.
Pros
Family Days, Monthly lunches and flexibility
Cons
n/a
A great place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 October 2018
Starting as a serviceman driver, I was quickly given the opportunity to advance into the Business Development team.

The company has shown amazing enthusiasm towards the succession of its staff.

This company takes 'one family' to a whole new level and I foresee myself being a part of this company for many more years to come.

Kennards Hire embraces equality and I feel humbled that no matter you gender or age, you fit perfectly in place.
Pros
Equality, succession, profit share, management, perks
Cons
None if you're willing to work hard for a company that provides so much
My Second Family
National Tender & Bid Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW18 October 2018
Been here for 2 months and felt right at home from the moment I walked in!

Kennards Family First values are practiced daily and everyone looks out for each other which is a great atmosphere to work in.

Management have been very accommodating to this mum of three and understand that a work life balance is a must to have a happy & healthy workplace.

Definitely reccommend Kennards (even trying to get my sister a job here)
Very empowering workplace, and a Safety First Culture
National Learning and Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane11 March 2018
Kennards has been a great place to work, happy here since 2012.
The family culture is seen throughout the business with an emphasis on staff well being, health and safety.
Kennards supports staff training and encourages your growth at work with comprehensive training delivered to all branch staff, and to staff in all other areas of the business.
The management is excellent. They are open to innovation, motivating and encouraging of new ideas and vision.
The CEO has a great influence on the team and is highly regarded by all. We collectively strive to be the best at everything we do, and it shows in our growth and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Annual Family Day
Cons
No cons
Productive and dedicated crew great place to work
Head of Learning and Development (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW7 March 2018
Daily tasks are challenging yet achievable. Good management and great workplace culture. Technical and non-technical focus with customer service at the heart of everything.
It's good to work here, they look after there employees.
Maintenance controller (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC6 November 2017
I started working at kennards in 2013 and still working at present. The salary are good and the work are not that hard. I enjoying the work for its a long hours in a day. It's a big company, where we have a branch all over Australia. In the first 3 years i been a maintenance controller in Brooklyn branch and in 2017 of January I moved to thomastown branch as a serviceman / driver. For the reason that I moved is that it is the nearest branch in my place where I leave.
Pros
Free hire for equipment
Cons
Productive and very time consuming
Customer service enquiries and servicing (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 May 2017
Good environment and place to work good staff very friendly. All in all this is a very enjoyable workplace as I enjoyed my time working there with benefits.
n/a
Maintenance Controller (Former Employee) –  Lambton NSW6 February 2017
They will provide you all training you need and you have a lot opportunity to lead / management.

The company will look after all his employee. Specially Salary and Benefit
service person
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW5 December 2016
delivered and serviced equipment to make sure the customers never had to worry about being stuck on the job. Also I helped take orders and receive in equipment.
good place to work
Servicemen Driver (Mechanic) (Former Employee) –  Yarrawonga NT3 November 2016
its a good start to work specially when i came first here in darwin, i learned a lot and some additional knowledge about some equipment that kennards has,, co-workers are good and friendly, hardest part of the job is on dry season and end of dry season thats the bziest part .
Kennards Hire is a great place to work.
(WHSE) Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney20 May 2015
A day in the life of a Kennards Hire team member is fast paced, non-stop, and challenging at times.

Meticulous planning and coordination is required to stay abreast of any issues and / or high risk activity.

With thousands of items of equipment, from the small trusty hand drill to a 14 tonne roller, Kennards Hire risk exposure was great.

Still a family business, close to 70 years strong, the people are friendly and supportive.
Already Reviewed
Driver/Serviceman (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC24 November 2014
This has already been reviewed. Now this is just to fill in the 20 words to allow me to progress and edit this duplication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KENNARDS HIRE. Our community is ready to answer.