Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Fun work place

A typical day at work is driving customers back and forth to different locations. I've learned to be polite and courteous to customers. Workplace culture include various religions. The hardest part of the job is that it has a split work schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers with luggage,meeting and greeting new people .

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Advancement

Easy job, Lacking management

Job was easy. Was hired for a role as a barback and told that I would be trained to bartend, but ended up being a breakfast barista. Could have used a bit more involved training and the work culture was not for me. Upper management presence was lacking. Most of upper management was interim managers from corporate locations in other areas of the country. Seemed like the hotel was a bit understaffed and was building a new team.

Pros

Free food, Decent Benefits

Cons

Lack of management

Smart And Fun

I currently work elsewhere but would return in a heartbeat. They embodied an authentic driven smart and employee and guest centric atmosphere. You will love working there

Fun place to work

Great enviroment and management always has your back. The management is very supportive and care about your proffesional growth. They have always been flexible no matter the circumstances

Y hay un muy buen ambiente de trabajo cada semana nos dan donas y pan café

El tiempo que yo estuve ahí antes de la pandemia todos los directivos eran unas personas excelentes calidad humana muy amables y todos trataban de misma manera te ayudaba te daban regalos y bonos yo estuve muy a gusto ahí pero cometí el error de salir y ahora ya no puedo regresar

Pros

Si hay buenos seguros medicos

Cons

Siempre hay tiempo para un buen cafe

Was fun and learned a lot!

I really did like it here, you go in, look at the list you wrote, did what you needed to do and went to the line, had to bring your own knives and some tools to help with work but didn't mind that much, you also had a lot of hotel business to worry about including amenities which can be bothersome, we got to see a lot of celebrities though overall a blast! Left mainly due to staffing issues and how slow it was for us to get staff.

Pros

Good Hours

Cons

No breaks, Iffy management

Hotel

Overall I’ve enjoyed my time. Although there have been a few minor speed bumps having to deal with unprofessional people on the staff overall I’m enjoying my time there.

Amazing team

Kimpton Brice management not only helps you succeed to the best of their abilities but we really feel like a family. I couldn’t ask for a better management team.

Pros

Employee lunches, employee rates, flexible holiday pay, welcoming environment, management, no drama, friendly guests

Cons

Sometimes there’s no breaks because it’s so busy, some employees are only kept around due to short staffing issues.

Un colectivo de trabajo muy bueno

Mi evaluación fue buena cumplí todas las normas de la compañía así como la calidad de mi trabajo me destaqué en mi amabilidad y respeto

Pros

Seguro Medico Dental visión otros

Cons

Si tenía descanso en ocasiones dependiendo de el horario y horario más difícil de siete a 10 P.M.

Not a thriving environment.

Beautiful property. However there is Lack of management, no room for professional growth. No support, No organization, Kimpton overland went through a management company change and a lot fell through the cracks. The quality of service was below standards as there are no steps of service or consistency. No hotel culture or orientation, hiring bodies to fill positions, with out checking qualifications.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants?

Fun at first

The Kimpton Sawyer in Sacramento. What a hotel. Work environment was fun and balanced. Until GM decided to rule with an iron fist and destroy the culture known at the Kimpton Hotels. All managers ranging from front desk to food and beverage have left. Countless employees putting in 2 week notices. To top it all off, they will be hiring from the outside to replace these positions. HR was never useful and did not care what you had to say. Stay FAR FAR AWAY from The Kimpton Sawyer in Sacramento. Poorly managed and extremely strict. FAR from “the kimpton way”

Official response from Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

12 July 2022
Thanks for your feedback - we're sorry to hear your experience did not align with the culture we work to uphold. We really take this to heart and have shared with our Senior Leadership Team. If you would like to share more so we can further investigate, please reach out to our anonymous People + Culture hotline at (888) 373-6014. We hope we get the opportunity to keep chatting about your experience.

A good company overall

Of all the hotels I have worked for, Kimpton is still my favorite. Each hotel has its own charm, they are all unique from each other and the staff generally seems to be diverse.

Avoid at all cost

Long shifts with little to no breaks sometimes. Management and supervisors are terrible. They tend to shout at staff and have bad attitude. Avoid at all costs if you value your mental health. Would definitely not recommend.

One of the easiest places and over all best I’ve ever worked for.

If I could have continued to work for Kimpton after my initial move across the country I would have moved to! I’ve never had a better management staff, and or fun/loving working environment in any other place I’ve ever been employed! Highly recommend :)

Pros

Great people, awesome benefits.

We share tips

The tip pull ruined my whole experience. Tip sharing was encouraged by the bar staff and the mangers approved it. We went from giving a percentage to sharing everything. Very tacky

A dishonest corperate structure.

A dishonest corperate structure that hides behind it's "best company to work for" status. The managers get massive bonuses if they are able to get their employees to complete the survey favorably.

Official response from Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

22 April 2022
We're sorry to hear your experience did not align with the culture we work to uphold, and we most certainly want our employees to give us only their honest feedback on our employee opinion surveys. If you're open to sharing more so we can explore the concerns you've raised, we encourage you to call our anonymous People + Culture hotline at (888) 373-6014.

Good money but lack of communication

Newer hotel and restaurant with the potential to be great but management communication, scheduling and consistency issues prevent great service and experiences for guests. If they learned to listen to their servers without dismissing serious concerns as nonsense then they would actually keep their staff and have a good team. This is where I drew the line.The best ones leave because of burnout due to poor scheduling and the new ones aren’t trained properly leaving the others to pick up the slack. You do make good money but what work-life balance do you require and how much stress are you willing to take.

At first I felt like I was going through the process, but once I got comfortable with the universe I felt comfortable

I would go back and work there. Not a good place if your not outgoing also but staying to yourself will be best go to work and focus on the job at hand.

Pros

They help you with any problems you might have

Cons

Co workers were stealing my tips and I didn't get recognized for all my hard work

Poor Management & No Open Door Policy

Working at this job as a housekeeper will do nothing but stress you out . Management not only talks to Housekeepers like dogs they also steal tip money from rooms. If you point out what they’re doing to anyone else (GM’s, HR’s)You get singled out, not to mention nobody else really cares.

Lively environment

Overall, this was a fun part-time job to have during the summer/fall time. The employees were great, the management was okay and I mostly had the vacation time I wanted off.

Pros

lunch and dinners

Environnement de travail Misérable et Pauvre. Le sourire n'existe pas du tout dans le lobby.

Très mauvais endroit pour travailler.Equipe inefficaceAucune MotivationManagement MédiocreGestion RidiculeAmbiance Négative

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Tout est Négatifs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants