KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Worst job I ever had
Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PA21 July 2019
It was the most stressful job I ever had. Management support was terrible. Classrooms always over allotted child teacher ratio. Management didn't care. People quit left and right and upper management ignored it. Unsafe for kids with such high teacher child ratios.
Great Place to work
Transitional Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TN20 July 2019
I love where I am working, now that we have stability I am satisfied. The new director is awesome and she like things done decent and in order the same as I, she cares about her employees and how they feel about there work, she considers our opinions and has empathy which makes working there an honor. The only thing that I wish would change is the pay, and lower insurance costs.
Kindercare
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA18 July 2019
KinderCare is not a great company to work for. Most of the time you never have the supply you need to run the classroom. They have also taken discount from employee that should have been grandfather in.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL18 July 2019
All around not good mangement you are just a number to them however that is inaccurate because when they did hire the help was not good. Not good at all. The pay is vey little for what you do. so people who are educated and work hard don't want the job.
Oppressive Environment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA18 July 2019
Stay away!! No advancement allowed because once you’re really good in one room, you’re not moving. Specifically, the director at this center uses manipulation and fear tactics to get what she wants out of you. She blames anything wrong on the staff and shames employees in front of parents and tours. She would rather label someone than take responsibility for her mistakes. Turnover has been constant. Basic needs, among other important necessities, for the staff have not been met for YEARS, according to the engagement surveys. There are so many jobs because people keep leaving. I will never work at another KinderCare and recommend everyone I know to stay far away too. It is corrupt.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Management and low pay.
Fun productive and heart warming
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA17 July 2019
Great atmosphere to work with because if the parents and the kids. Management could be more consistent and punctual. No set schedule. Hardest part about working here is its under staffed.
Teachers make the a difference.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL16 July 2019
The teaching staff at KinderCare is amazing. They are the caring and compassionate people I have even have the honor to work with. Everyday they give 100% to each and every child.
Glad I got out
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX12 July 2019
Low pay, unqualified management, high turnover. The director, I had, was racist and uneducated. I think most of the staff I worked with applied to childcare because it was the only job they could get.
Very stressful and poor management.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prattville, AL11 July 2019
It was awful working at Kindercare. The center director didn't know what she was doing. It was stressful, unprofessional, and teachers were constantly quitting. There were many things going on behind the scenes that weren't being addressed, because if you reported any issues to corporate, they would go back and tell the center director, and there would be retaliation. The pay was extremely low for all the work that you had to do. Hours were constantly being cut. Constantly running out of supplies, because there wasn't enough being ordered. The staff wasn't very friendly. There would be a lot of talk going on behind people's backs. It isn't a very trustworthy environment to work in.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low hours, they don't close every holiday.
Review
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA11 July 2019
Management was great , coworkers great as well , Job was a little to stressful , you have about 10 children running around screaming just wasn’t what I was expecting.
Horrible management
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA5 July 2019
Kindercare is run by a horrible district leader. Management sucks because they treat employees poorly. Management and teachers overlook students being treated horribly. There was a huge cover up when a student left the facility and walked through traffic
Productive and fun work place
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA3 July 2019
I love the fact that I got a chance to work with children all day. What better job can you have then working with kids; where you can play and act silly almost all day.
Kindercare is horrible
Childcare provider (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA3 July 2019
Management couldnt care less about your needs or anything happening. You wont have all required things for your curriculum. Ever. You end up buying supplies instead of kindercare supplying it.
Cons
Management, no teamwork
Be prepared to work 12 hours a day
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJ3 July 2019
As a Center Director, you are the only salaried staff member, so to avoid paying poorly compensated teachers overtime, the expectation is that you’re on site 60 hours a week. And good luck finding college grads willing to accept $13 an hour to teach. Benefits were very expensive.
Pros
Cons
No work-life balance
Awful
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA2 July 2019
DO NOT WORK HERE! It truly is the worst job you will ever have. If you are going to work at one in Cedar Rapids - please dont. Worst job EVER! They treat you poorly, the turn over rate is awful, most employees cry on their lunch breaks, people are constantly complaining, full of drama. A typical day at work is being used by managers, getting thrown under the bus, and being told you will have hour lunch breaks but they usually cut them to 30 because people call in EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I learned that management is awful, and do not care about anyone but themselves. Kids are treated poorly, and no one cares about anyone but themselves here. The hardest part of the job is the people you work with, it will BREAK YOU.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, management, everything
a work place
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TX30 June 2019
No benefits
Poor job support
low pay
Only concern about profits
always tight budget
Not enjoyable
teachers supply tools and supplies
Does not always follow state policies
Horrible management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WA29 June 2019
Kindercare is a terrible place to work. The management is terrible and the bosses play favorites. They talk about their employees. Children are great.
The kids made the job worth it.
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC29 June 2019
I had a hard time adapting to the culture because the two directors were never on the same accord. We worked from 8-5 it was very stressful. It's not an environment I'd go back to.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Stress
Ever changing, fast paced working environment
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Medina, OH27 June 2019
I work at one of the centers in Medina.The management team holds the teachers to a very high level and the teachers are able to produce great quality driven results in the classroom. I love working for such a rewarding company. You don't need to hear from upper management that you are doing a great job, you can see it with the families loyalty and each child's growth and development. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a hardworking team that is dedicated, reliable, and passionate about early childhood education.
Do not waste your time here
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OH27 June 2019
At first during my interview they clearly had me fooled thinking this was going to be a great place to work and it wouldn't be like any other daycare. Well come to find out 2 weeks into it surely wasn't what I was sold on. The director at Dublin at park center is HORRIBLE she is probably the worst administrator I have ever came across, she refuses to go into classroom for help and if she does its for no more then 5 minutes. she makes you work OT but doesn't want to pay OT so she makes you take 2 hour breaks. She "forgets" to let you go to the bathroom or to bring you something and when there's an issue with staff members she refuses to address it she doesn't like conflict. She is very very fake and tries to act like she knows the parents and kids but she doesn't. She sits at her desk all day long pretending she cares. Be warned its a mess and so is the school and staff. The school is extremely dirty as well.
Pros
kids & families

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8