KinderCare Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from KinderCare Education:

KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Great place to work for. Friendly and helpful staff. Everyday is different. Teachers are experienced and provide fun and challenging learning experiences for all age groups.
The mission is strictly getting more children not what’s doing best fit the Kids. The teachers are over worked and your not allowed to hire who you need.
I have learned so much working at KinderCare, and there is always the opportunity to learn something new. It’s very rewarding to work with the children and to see the joy they have when making new discoveries. Everyone has been friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Hours, Atmosphere
Cons
Can be stressful
The work we do is essential and rewarding. The children are what is most important. I have grown with this company and have developed life long bonds.
CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at KinderCare Education is amazing. I love the staff and environment I work in. Everyone is ready to help and show you how things work.
Working with the children is rewarding but your experience will largely depend upon the management team. There is a lot of miscommunication and not a lot of opportunities to be trained.
Pros
Children, families
Cons
Expensive benefits, lack of advancement opportunities, management varies
I loved working with kids.no matter their behavior. I unfortunately had the worst boss in the world. 1. was not respected as an educator.2.Bullied3. Discriminated for my disabilities.
Pros
Benefits, Teachers, Training
Cons
Cut hours, breaks, unfair treatment
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at KinderCare Education are much lower than they should be.ManagementIn general, managers at KinderCare Education need more training.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at KinderCare Education were good. As far as pay i got what I wanted. The benefits are kinda steep but you have themCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at KinderCare Education is up and down. I have had some great experiences and I have had some that I wish I didn't have.OverallMy experience working at KinderCare Education was definitely a learning experience for me
I feel strongly supported at this company; all my coworkers and supervisors encourage me to try new curriculum and are very solicitous of feedback. I feel like I can go to them with anything!
Pros
Plenty of perks, such as helping pay for further education
They will make you fit a 40 hour work week into 30 hours. So, just to avoid getting in trouble, you work from home a lot of the time, unpaid. Favoritism runs rapid. If you are not with them you are against them. I am writing based on the Yorktown area. Was once a great company and then a decline. Maybe new management can make Champions a place where the environment is happy for staff and children.
Pros
Able to make appointments midday
Cons
No team, everyone is out just to better themselves. Will throw you under the bus to get a head.
Great place to work with flexible hours. Management and the people I worked with were terrific. Provided with the necessary tools in order to perform the job.
lots of drama with staff. Tons of gossip and complaining and things are not done by the book at all. Ppl take sides and have poor communication. Did not feel valued at all. Felt bullied and intimidated, frustrated and overwhelmed.
I worked at KinderCare for 2 years and I loved it, from the kids to my coworkers . I met people who will be in my life forever. Sometimes it could be a little overwhelming being that I was school aged teacher they excpect a lot from you but everything is doable. They have managers that will help you in anyway they can those people I worked with I consider my friends ! You definitely learn a lot there. Don’t get me wrong everyday isn’t a perfect day but you definitely can make it perfect if you work hard, have a passion for kids and actually want to be there .
Pros
Cool people, every day is different, crazy fun kids
Cons
Hard head kids, bad attitude having parents
The meridian location is the worst place to work! Management is horrible! Leadership is terrible! You over work and underpaid. The center director is a joke, compulsive liar, and not management material! She do r have a relationship with her staff nor the children. She spend more time on the phone then she do helping in the class! Correction she never helps in the class! It’s not worth it! The only plus about that place is that you meet some awesome children and great parents! High turn over rate!
Pros
Children
Cons
The workplace was very fun to be in, the children are great. Obviously, working with a group of women can get dramatic, but overall, it was good. Everyone worked together the majority of the time, but we all need to learn how to communicate better. After all, we are setting an example for children.
Pros
Free lunch, hour breaks, you get to be around kiddos!
Cons
Scheduling, communication, drama
this is the worst place to work! management doesn’t care about you, you’ll never get a raise, and the culture is toxic. management gossips to employees about other employees’ private matters and starts major drama, then yells at the employees for gossiping. management also makes fun of employees behind their backs. your hours will be randomly cut if they don’t like something you did, despite being full time. and prepare for your class to be taken away with no warning or explanation. the turnover is incredibly high so they treat you like you’re easily replaceable.
Pros
great families and kids
Cons
10 minute breaks, management is careless
This was the first place I started at when I moved to OH! And I’m forever grateful for having been there three years! I had really grown a lot while working here. My management was AWESOME Most days of course they had their bad days they r management they have to be tough sometimes but it made me a better person and even taught me to be a great Director myself. I loved my group of staff while I worked there. It was definitely a close family over the three years. Both my center directors were AMAZING and my assistant director was the BEST! She always pushed me to be better and always bragged about me for all my help I gave her and for my room organization and lesson plans and my go getum attitude! The families were ALLL SO GREAT! Every parent and student I had in the infant 2 and toddler room were always able to communicate with me and we also built amazing friendship bonds. Only down side I ever felt for myself was never feeling like I would b able to advance as a AD or CD In their company.
Pros
Free lunch great staff amazing families
Cons
Pay, hard to advance
KinderCare in Silverdale, WA is hands down the worst place I have ever worked. The management of the center and the company is uncaring of its employees and sees children basically as farm animals. Turnover is ridiculous because of pay and general rudeness to staff, and a lot of (required) missed breaks. They squeeze as many kids in a small room as possible with as few teachers in a room. That is not fair to the children or the teachers. It is chaos almost always. Most of the teachers are caring and want to do right by the children, others yell and belittle them. Don't expect any praise or positivity either, because you won't get any. I do not recommend working or sending your children there.
Pros
Get a footing in career path
Cons
Enjoyed working with team members. I enjoyed the working relationship I had with the children while helping them to learn & grow & provide for their needs.
Pros
Fun atmosphere most of the time, benefits, no weekend work
Cons
Management is not as supportive depending, no growth to move up, very few raises, not enough time to plan or take a small break
Facilities department is terrible. IT department is terrible. Managers are terrible. Great benefits though. If you don’t have children this is the job for you. If you have children or a family - there’s no work/life balance. They expect you to stay beyond operating hours to perform work task without any additional pay.