KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Assistant Teacher

Amazing environment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO27 December 2018
Such a wonderful facility, lots of communication between you, other employees, and management. Able to complet5e a lot of the certification with the company and help of management.
Pros
Amazing kids and facility
Cons
Daily organization
Fun work place. Passionate
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH17 December 2018
I love working with children! You can have a different experience from center to center. It’s not about pay when it comes to taking care of people, you have to have the passion to succeed in an educative workplace.
Fun if you enjoy working with kids
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CT15 December 2018
Typical day is signing in kids in the morning, morning snack, circle time, play outside, lunch, nap, free time with potty times in between. We do arts and crafts and curriculum .
Pros
when the kids love you, christmas time parents bring food and gifts for us
Cons
screaming kids, diaper changes, tantrums
Poor management, a lot of gossiping rumors, more focused on rumors then kids, did not follow licensing rules
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 December 2018
I worked at kindercare for not even 2 months. I seen so many things that went against my moral code. Kids being forgotten on the playground not informing licensing or the parent, alcohol brought to a thanksgiving party, lots of rumors and gossiping amongst management and teachers, teachers FaceTiming while working with kids, teachers getting into verbal arguments with parents, teachers telling other teachers that bring there kids there that they aren’t babysitters that you can’t bring your child unless your at work, the cook being able to adjust other employees time clocks without there permission, teachers saying they put kids in the closet with the lights off when they misbehave. I mean and the list goes on mind you I’ve seen and witnessed all of this for only working there a month and a half. Do not work here if you have a heart. The money that they pay isn’t worth it and any parent who thinks there child is in good hands here there not run and run fast. This was the worst of the worst I wouldn’t even bring my dog to a place like kindercare
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad
I would rather not comment
Assistant Director/Center Director/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR14 December 2018
I would rather not comment on my prior job assignment or on the company. I left to do a career change and that is all I would like to mention.
Thank you.
A Company that cares for ALL
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IA8 December 2018
I love working at my Kindercare Center. It is organized chaos. You're working with KIDS. Kindercare helps you advance. They PAY for your CDA. Those classes are worth $1,500. Not to mention the books and the test. They also help you with advance education. They provide professional development. You personal and vacation time after a year. Which in my oppinion is fair. You need to earn that benefit. I've worked at places that don't offer that. And they provide raises.
I love my co-workers. They have my back. Amazing coaching. The kids are incredible and so are the parents. Its nice to feel valued by your peers, your clients and management. My director is a true leader because she never expects us do do something she wouldn't do herself. If there is something i need or feel is lacking all I have to do is talk to her and she does her best to make it happen. She doesn't have a Mary Poppins bag but if its in her power to meet the need she will and she even goes above to try ans make it happen.
Another thing I love about Kindercare is they don't push you into something you are not ready for. If you want more responsibilities let them know. And they work with you to get you where you want to be.
I would recommend the Kindercare in Bettendorf to ANYONE.
Pros
Cons
Not being able to order more shirts
It was a wonderful program to work at. I miss it alot.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 November 2018
I love working with Children. It is very rewarding helping to nurture young minds.It is a great place for academic and socialization for kids. A safe and secure environment.
Pros
Good hours, great coworkers, good kids program
Cons
I didn't experience any cons
Fast pace environment but poor management and low pay.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Illinois6 November 2018
The over crowdedness in each classroom is ridiculous when you don't have enough teachers. Kids are always getting moved into different classrooms. Management will do almost anything not to be in a classroom and help you out. And the raises you get on your paycheck is joke.
Cons
Healthcare, poor management, pay
Fun workplace
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI23 October 2018
Great place to work at the staff is very welcoming and amazing. The teachers really care for the children and the staff. It is a fun positive environment.
Pros
Staff
Not so great
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, oh16 October 2018
So working at kindercare on W. Broad street was honestly the worst place. And I'm not just saying to because I left. I'm saying this because my director TRIED not to do anything about a teacher kicking a child. Yes. I said a teacher kicked a child and she still had her job because we needed teachers at the time.
Pros
Benefits they provide, schedules, 401k.
Cons
Poor management, poor choice of teacher.
No room for advancement and management was terrible
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Omaha2 October 2018
This place really takes advantage of people they work you for little to no reward. The pay is awful and there’s far too much work to do for that little of a wage. The management style is horrible they don’t back you up and there’s no support. Lazy management. High turn over rate.
Pros
1 hour lunches, children
Cons
No support from management
Stressful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZ19 September 2018
Daycares/schools are stressful but they threw me in a room with 6 babies and didnt tell me anything about them so I was completely unprepared. This happened on multiple occasions. The director was rude and outside of the classrooms was totally inappropriate.
The management is horrible
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC12 September 2018
The management wasnt fair at all didnt oay well for everything we had to do. The kids were great loved them the only reason I left was because the pay was horrible and they used you to their advantage
Great place to work, like a family
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI13 August 2018
KinderCare is a wonderful place to work. The relationships between the teachers, and between the teacher and families, are very strong and welcoming.
The hourly pay is low, but the benefits are very good.
Productive work enviornent
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palatine, IL17 July 2018
It was a fun loving work environment. The employees were easy to get along with. We had work meeting in which they provided food. We also would have pot lucks for birthdays.
fun
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH17 July 2018
KinderCare was an amazing experience and feed my fire to work with children my children go to KinderCare and I cant imagine them going any other place they are fantastic
Kindercare/Kidstop
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Derwood, MD10 July 2018
- The staff at Kidstop are very friendly and a nice place to work.
- Feel very supported by coworkers
- Supported by management
- Consistent Scheduling
Stressful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NY2 July 2018
Not enough pay for the work required
Stressful and management did not reduce the stress at all
Most of the time I felt like they would not listen to out concerns
Fun Work place
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX21 June 2018
I love this job and would run back if given the chance. On a typical day, you come in contact with at least 30 kids so teamwork always plays a big part. I learned how to talk and handle children in a positive light also it helped me further my education.
Stressful Place to work, poor management
Assistant Teacher/School Age Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CT6 June 2018
When I worked there, it was extremely stressful and the management was poor. You do not get paid for how hard you work. The pay is not livable. Not to mention we were always understaffed and the closing group (which was me), always ended up having to take care of the slack of others.
Cons
stressful, low pay, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8