KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Assistant Teacher

Fun workplace
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI23 October 2018
Great place to work at the staff is very welcoming and amazing. The teachers really care for the children and the staff. It is a fun positive environment.
Pros
Staff
Not so great
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, oh16 October 2018
So working at kindercare on W. Broad street was honestly the worst place. And I'm not just saying to because I left. I'm saying this because my director TRIED not to do anything about a teacher kicking a child. Yes. I said a teacher kicked a child and she still had her job because we needed teachers at the time.
Pros
Benefits they provide, schedules, 401k.
Cons
Poor management, poor choice of teacher.
No room for advancement and management was terrible
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Omaha2 October 2018
This place really takes advantage of people they work you for little to no reward. The pay is awful and there’s far too much work to do for that little of a wage. The management style is horrible they don’t back you up and there’s no support. Lazy management. High turn over rate.
Pros
1 hour lunches, children
Cons
No support from management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZ19 September 2018
Daycares/schools are stressful but they threw me in a room with 6 babies and didnt tell me anything about them so I was completely unprepared. This happened on multiple occasions. The director was rude and outside of the classrooms was totally inappropriate.
The management is horrible
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC12 September 2018
The management wasnt fair at all didnt oay well for everything we had to do. The kids were great loved them the only reason I left was because the pay was horrible and they used you to their advantage
Great place to work, like a family
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI13 August 2018
KinderCare is a wonderful place to work. The relationships between the teachers, and between the teacher and families, are very strong and welcoming.
The hourly pay is low, but the benefits are very good.
Productive work enviornent
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palatine, IL17 July 2018
It was a fun loving work environment. The employees were easy to get along with. We had work meeting in which they provided food. We also would have pot lucks for birthdays.
fun
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH17 July 2018
KinderCare was an amazing experience and feed my fire to work with children my children go to KinderCare and I cant imagine them going any other place they are fantastic
Kindercare/Kidstop
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Derwood, MD10 July 2018
- The staff at Kidstop are very friendly and a nice place to work.
- Feel very supported by coworkers
- Supported by management
- Consistent Scheduling
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NY2 July 2018
Not enough pay for the work required
Stressful and management did not reduce the stress at all
Most of the time I felt like they would not listen to out concerns
Fun Work place
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX21 June 2018
I love this job and would run back if given the chance. On a typical day, you come in contact with at least 30 kids so teamwork always plays a big part. I learned how to talk and handle children in a positive light also it helped me further my education.
Stressful Place to work, poor management
Assistant Teacher/School Age Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CT6 June 2018
When I worked there, it was extremely stressful and the management was poor. You do not get paid for how hard you work. The pay is not livable. Not to mention we were always understaffed and the closing group (which was me), always ended up having to take care of the slack of others.
Cons
stressful, low pay, bad management
Do not work here!!!!
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJ23 May 2018
This place was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! The people were disrespectful! The director and assistant director treated employees unfairly! WORST DAYCARE EVER!!!
Pros
The children
Cons
Everything else
Horrible Management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Hill, WA10 April 2018
Management is very unprofessional and don’t care about their employees, they have favorites. I personally think with this job, you do so much for low pay. They only care about rules and regulations if someone important is there and/or coming.
Don't waste your time.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Huntingdon, PA3 April 2018
Money hungry company. It's all about keeping rooms full don't have enough room so enroll more and just move them rooms. It filthy and won't hire a cleaning company. Favoritism is also a big thing there. If you're on the right list, you get a great schedule if you're on the naughty list your closing. Center director is a witch five people quit in 2 weeks, and no one batted an eye. Poor management skills for both center director and the assistant director. Schedule you till 5 you get out at 6 or 615. No life if you have a family if your single and want to put up with the bull there that's the job for you. Had a one biter that bit over 50 times nothing happen no management skills.
Completely awful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, IL2 March 2018
As an Assistant Teacher at Kindercare I babysat my Lead Teacher. She abused the children, abuse was brought up to management, they didn't care. Management asked me to lie during an investigation. Management is completely unprofessional, has no morals, and only looks out for themselves. Management constantly gossips about staff and never answers pages out of the room. Keep your children safe and steer clear of this company.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional, immoral, abusive teachers
Disrespectful management & abusive teachers
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, IL7 February 2018
had To come in sick while had the flu, strep. Could never call off. Especially for emergency’s. We’re gossip and drama all over. The management was disrespectful. When had a problem the management would say get over it and swear at you.
Pros
Cons
Working while sick, terrible management, gossip, drama, not enough pay
People in Charge are only concerned with money
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NH25 January 2018
The people in charge are only concerned with money. The head people don't care about your concerns or questions or needs. They only help each other. They claim they are always under staffed and they are always acting like they are in a bad mood. If you need to take a day for family time they get so mad and put you on a huge guilt trip. They don't care about their teachers or helpers. They are only concerned about how this place can benefit them and only them. Don't work here. This place is understaffed, unorganized and the management is only money hungry.
Cons
long work hours for little money, not managed right
horrible place to work or bring your children
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Wash5 January 2018
I worked at KinderCare for approximately a year and a half. I started part time as someone to release people on their breaks. Employees do not respect the appropriate break times and then breaks would get behind and people would complain (typically the people who take long breaks). Eventually I was given the opportunity to come on part time for giving breaks, and part time as an assistant teacher. I proved myself and was given the title of assistant teacher and told that I would continue to grow in the company. Year later and no benefits, no paid time off, no title changes, I had to quit for that and many other reasons. The biggest reason I left was because of the lack of respect from management. Every employee there was treated as 'less than' and any simple requests we made were never granted. If we wanted to do something to encourage the development of student learning it always came out of our own pockets as we were rarely if ever reimbursed.
Pros
Long lunch break for full time staff
Cons
Management, often missed breaks, lack of support.... the list goes on!
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA1 January 2018
I liked the kids and they made work fum, however they are the most misbehaved kids I have ever worked with. I was constantly stressed out and had a number of headaches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8