KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Assistant Teacher

Worst Center Ever
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, IL25 November 2017
Kindercare was the absolute worst place I’ve ever worked in my life. I’ve been in childcare for over nine years professionally and I’ve never experienced a place like this.
If you’re looking for a job in childcare, look elsewhere and run for the hills.
This place will overwork you, cut your overtime every week if you manage to even get any, lie to your face and just tell you what you want to hear without actually doing what you were told they would do for you, stress you out because they don’t care about their employees unless your part of a Center clique or you’re management who does whatever they want. Kindercare is NOT about the children; they are about stuffing their pockets with money and blaming everyone else for their issues when things go wrong instead of taking responsibility and listening to staff when they make suggestions of what could make things better.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, long days, overtime is taken away, cliquey, decieving, not about the children, dirty
look elsewhere
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington State1 June 2017
I started working for this company in hopes that I could further my career with children. I was hired as an assistant teacher. I received no training as to how things in the company were done, there was never any supplies to follow the ciriculum. when the director was asked about ordering supplies we were told to purchase them our selves. mine as well as 4 other employees had our time cards changed to say that we were their less hours then we actually were. There was a lot of Favortism and retaliation that had gone on in the building. when the regional director was contacted about retaliation methods nothing was done about it.

no one seemed to care that there were not enough cots in the building for children for nap time. their was never enough food offered for children to have an actual serving of their meals. half the time we were not given cups so that the children could get drinks. and if a child was hurt or injured management as well as the regional director seemed to not care unless child protective services were getting involved.

over the course of about 3 months I only receive maybe 1 break a week other then lunch if at all.
Pros
Cons
no breaks on time, favortism, retaliation... the list goes on.
Do yourself a favor and pass on this job
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, IL17 May 2017
This is an absolutely terrible company to work for. No one in management actually cares about the children. When I first start working for KinderCare, I was really excited to work for a company that stood for so many amazing things, but was quickly heartbroken when I found out that those things are just for publicity. The teachers are the only ones who care about the kids, everyone above that cares about money. I loved working with the children every day, even when they were being difficult, but dealing with management was brutal. Between being forced to wait to go to the bathroom to being forced out for not being able to accommodate their new schedule without any prior notice, I would not recommend this job to anyone. Center directors are put under an immense amount of pressure which in turn makes some of them act horribly rude to their employees and even to the children, at least that was the case for the center I worked at.
Pros
free lunch, working with children
Cons
everything else.
Lots of joy working with young minds.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manasquan, NJ11 May 2017
This job was a refreshing approach to understanding young minds and different personalities. You realize how to approach each individual to calm them in a certain way that works for he/she. The management was well organized.
Pros
Laughing and caring for kids along with playing games.
Great place to work with amazing people and kids
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CO2 November 2016
Loved working here! Days are 9 hours with an hour lunch break and 1 or 2 ten minute breaks. Staff is happy and management is great support!