KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Assistant Teacher

Do not work here!!!!
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJ23 May 2018
This place was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! The people were disrespectful! The director and assistant director treated employees unfairly! WORST DAYCARE EVER!!!
Pros
The children
Cons
Everything else
Horrible Management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Hill, WA10 April 2018
Management is very unprofessional and don’t care about their employees, they have favorites. I personally think with this job, you do so much for low pay. They only care about rules and regulations if someone important is there and/or coming.
Don't waste your time.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Huntingdon, PA3 April 2018
Money hungry company. It's all about keeping rooms full don't have enough room so enroll more and just move them rooms. It filthy and won't hire a cleaning company. Favoritism is also a big thing there. If you're on the right list, you get a great schedule if you're on the naughty list your closing. Center director is a witch five people quit in 2 weeks, and no one batted an eye. Poor management skills for both center director and the assistant director. Schedule you till 5 you get out at 6 or 615. No life if you have a family if your single and want to put up with the bull there that's the job for you. Had a one biter that bit over 50 times nothing happen no management skills.
Completely awful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, IL2 March 2018
As an Assistant Teacher at Kindercare I babysat my Lead Teacher. She abused the children, abuse was brought up to management, they didn't care. Management asked me to lie during an investigation. Management is completely unprofessional, has no morals, and only looks out for themselves. Management constantly gossips about staff and never answers pages out of the room. Keep your children safe and steer clear of this company.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional, immoral, abusive teachers
Disrespectful management & abusive teachers
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, IL7 February 2018
had To come in sick while had the flu, strep. Could never call off. Especially for emergency’s. We’re gossip and drama all over. The management was disrespectful. When had a problem the management would say get over it and swear at you.
Pros
Cons
Working while sick, terrible management, gossip, drama, not enough pay
People in Charge are only concerned with money
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NH25 January 2018
The people in charge are only concerned with money. The head people don't care about your concerns or questions or needs. They only help each other. They claim they are always under staffed and they are always acting like they are in a bad mood. If you need to take a day for family time they get so mad and put you on a huge guilt trip. They don't care about their teachers or helpers. They are only concerned about how this place can benefit them and only them. Don't work here. This place is understaffed, unorganized and the management is only money hungry.
Cons
long work hours for little money, not managed right
horrible place to work or bring your children
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Wash5 January 2018
I worked at KinderCare for approximately a year and a half. I started part time as someone to release people on their breaks. Employees do not respect the appropriate break times and then breaks would get behind and people would complain (typically the people who take long breaks). Eventually I was given the opportunity to come on part time for giving breaks, and part time as an assistant teacher. I proved myself and was given the title of assistant teacher and told that I would continue to grow in the company. Year later and no benefits, no paid time off, no title changes, I had to quit for that and many other reasons. The biggest reason I left was because of the lack of respect from management. Every employee there was treated as 'less than' and any simple requests we made were never granted. If we wanted to do something to encourage the development of student learning it always came out of our own pockets as we were rarely if ever reimbursed.
Pros
Long lunch break for full time staff
Cons
Management, often missed breaks, lack of support.... the list goes on!
Stressful
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA1 January 2018
I liked the kids and they made work fum, however they are the most misbehaved kids I have ever worked with. I was constantly stressed out and had a number of headaches.
Worst Center Ever
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, IL25 November 2017
Kindercare was the absolute worst place I’ve ever worked in my life. I’ve been in childcare for over nine years professionally and I’ve never experienced a place like this.
If you’re looking for a job in childcare, look elsewhere and run for the hills.
This place will overwork you, cut your overtime every week if you manage to even get any, lie to your face and just tell you what you want to hear without actually doing what you were told they would do for you, stress you out because they don’t care about their employees unless your part of a Center clique or you’re management who does whatever they want. Kindercare is NOT about the children; they are about stuffing their pockets with money and blaming everyone else for their issues when things go wrong instead of taking responsibility and listening to staff when they make suggestions of what could make things better.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, long days, overtime is taken away, cliquey, decieving, not about the children, dirty
look elsewhere
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington State1 June 2017
I started working for this company in hopes that I could further my career with children. I was hired as an assistant teacher. I received no training as to how things in the company were done, there was never any supplies to follow the ciriculum. when the director was asked about ordering supplies we were told to purchase them our selves. mine as well as 4 other employees had our time cards changed to say that we were their less hours then we actually were. There was a lot of Favortism and retaliation that had gone on in the building. when the regional director was contacted about retaliation methods nothing was done about it.

no one seemed to care that there were not enough cots in the building for children for nap time. their was never enough food offered for children to have an actual serving of their meals. half the time we were not given cups so that the children could get drinks. and if a child was hurt or injured management as well as the regional director seemed to not care unless child protective services were getting involved.

over the course of about 3 months I only receive maybe 1 break a week other then lunch if at all.
Pros
Cons
no breaks on time, favortism, retaliation... the list goes on.
Do yourself a favor and pass on this job
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, IL17 May 2017
This is an absolutely terrible company to work for. No one in management actually cares about the children. When I first start working for KinderCare, I was really excited to work for a company that stood for so many amazing things, but was quickly heartbroken when I found out that those things are just for publicity. The teachers are the only ones who care about the kids, everyone above that cares about money. I loved working with the children every day, even when they were being difficult, but dealing with management was brutal. Between being forced to wait to go to the bathroom to being forced out for not being able to accommodate their new schedule without any prior notice, I would not recommend this job to anyone. Center directors are put under an immense amount of pressure which in turn makes some of them act horribly rude to their employees and even to the children, at least that was the case for the center I worked at.
Pros
free lunch, working with children
Cons
everything else.
Lots of joy working with young minds.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manasquan, NJ11 May 2017
This job was a refreshing approach to understanding young minds and different personalities. You realize how to approach each individual to calm them in a certain way that works for he/she. The management was well organized.
Pros
Laughing and caring for kids along with playing games.
Great place to work with amazing people and kids
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CO2 November 2016
Loved working here! Days are 9 hours with an hour lunch break and 1 or 2 ten minute breaks. Staff is happy and management is great support!