KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Lead Teacher

Fun workplace and learning environment
Lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, IL21 August 2019
It was a good place to work especially if you are just getting started in early childhood education. You are held responsible from day one which gives you a sense of pride. I enjoyed most of my fellow co workers. The school was clean and bright and the outside play area was large and had a lot for the kids.
Good environmnet
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJ14 August 2019
At KinderCare there are many families that you can connect with to help build a great relationship with them and provide a great experience for them and their children
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL18 July 2019
All around not good mangement you are just a number to them however that is inaccurate because when they did hire the help was not good. Not good at all. The pay is vey little for what you do. so people who are educated and work hard don't want the job.
Oppressive Environment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA18 July 2019
Stay away!! No advancement allowed because once you’re really good in one room, you’re not moving. Specifically, the director at this center uses manipulation and fear tactics to get what she wants out of you. She blames anything wrong on the staff and shames employees in front of parents and tours. She would rather label someone than take responsibility for her mistakes. Turnover has been constant. Basic needs, among other important necessities, for the staff have not been met for YEARS, according to the engagement surveys. There are so many jobs because people keep leaving. I will never work at another KinderCare and recommend everyone I know to stay far away too. It is corrupt.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Management and low pay.
Fun productive and heart warming
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA17 July 2019
Great atmosphere to work with because if the parents and the kids. Management could be more consistent and punctual. No set schedule. Hardest part about working here is its under staffed.
Awful
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA2 July 2019
DO NOT WORK HERE! It truly is the worst job you will ever have. If you are going to work at one in Cedar Rapids - please dont. Worst job EVER! They treat you poorly, the turn over rate is awful, most employees cry on their lunch breaks, people are constantly complaining, full of drama. A typical day at work is being used by managers, getting thrown under the bus, and being told you will have hour lunch breaks but they usually cut them to 30 because people call in EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I learned that management is awful, and do not care about anyone but themselves. Kids are treated poorly, and no one cares about anyone but themselves here. The hardest part of the job is the people you work with, it will BREAK YOU.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, management, everything
Avoid kindercare in Indiana
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette Indiana16 June 2019
Horrible place to work. Not very safe for children. Not educational for children. Classrooms are old and dingy. Would not reccomend. It is poorly run and you are regularly over worked because they can’t keep staff
Stressful
lead teacher 4 year old (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA14 June 2019
At my location they were focused on making money versus providing quality daycare. Kids were moved around constantly and teachers sent home to satisfy ratios. There was more of an emphasis on how the room looked than how the kids were taken care of.
Pros
Full time hours with benefits, decent materials and curriculum
Cons
Stressful environment, lack of support, constant staff turn over
Great kids, not great management
Lead teacher (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA12 June 2019
While I enjoy my job and the children I work with, management is critical in unimportant areas, rude, sarcastic and pick clear favorites. Lots of gossip as it is a place of all women primarily. Co-workers are usually pretty good, but high turn over. Management will twist what they say to make themselves look like the good guys especially in front of their regional manager.
Pros
Free meals/snacks, co-workers, hour lunch
Great for Beginners
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CA29 May 2019
I have worked with Kindercare for a very long time. They do not pay the best, the only positive are the children. Influencing each child is the most important and fufilling part of the job.
Official response from KinderCare Education
12 June 2019

Thank you for your service and dedication! Every year we invest in our teachers salaries and enhancing and expanding benefit offerings for our teaching staff. We hear you about concerns around your pay and we will take that information back to our Total Rewards team.

-Derek, Talent Attraction Manager

Stressful workplace with little pay
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TX27 May 2019
The majority of the teachers had little love for the children and spent lots of time on their phones (Facebook, texting, and sometimes calls) while watching children. Management did their best but had little to no support from upper management.
Mixed feelings
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO13 May 2019
I have very mixed feelings while working at kindercare. My management at my location were very flexible with hours. You could basically work as much or as little as you wanted which was nice since I needed flexibility with school. It also was a good place to get experience with children. Management was also always good at answering questions if I had them. Other than that I am not happy with my experience. Kindercare does not really care about their employees or the children in their center. Many employees who have been there for years get paid minimum wage and will not bump up your pay yet they hire the current employees for more money per hour. They also over enroll to a crazy amount. There was one time we had 18 infants in a room with 2 teachers so there should have only been 10 babies when asked about this they will lie. When corporate or licensing comes in they will lie and hide things from them. It gets exhausting fast and just does not feel right.
Pros
Tuition discount, experience working with children, flexibility
Cons
Underpaid, lie to get around things
Aberdeen Kindercare has a real team who cares about kids
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, NJ9 May 2019
Working at Aberdeen Kindercare has been both rewarding and challenging. The teachers and management really care about the kids and families they serve. Of course it can be stressful, we are working with children but it’s one of the most important jobs in the world. Shaping our future!!
Pros
Team environment. Caring staff
Wish it was better.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin3 May 2019
Management would lie to parents. both enrolled and touring. No communication, Staff would fight, hours changed without being told. Management expected 10 hour days but wouldn't tell employees their hours change.
Corporate could be downright disrespectful. I was at a few centers. At one they didn't like an activity so they tore it down in front of staff, parents and children.
We had so many talented teachers burnt out and leave or get fired. People who had no write ups over decades let go with no warning. So many more children that could have been helped.
Pros
Employee Discount on Care
Cons
Disgusting Corporate ideas
Worst place too work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MI24 April 2019
This place will brake you down. Management doesn’t care much about the works. Rude and never knows what is going on. KinderCare as a whole doesn’t care much about the staff. Long over worked day. Some with no brake or shortened. Not much support from management with students. Stressful.. under payed, and usually under staffed. I would never recommend someone to work here.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Management, long hours, under payed, under staffed
Do not recommend
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA31 March 2019
What management expects is ridiculous. I worked 6am-4: 30 pm and took insanely long lunches. I only got to spend an hour in my room daily (school age) cause I did the bus runs and yet was always being complained to about the appearance of the room.
Pros
co workers, kids, families
Cons
literally everything else
Great Advancement Opportunities
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MD13 March 2019
I have been at KinderCare for almost 6 years and I love it I don’t want to leave the company, but want to be assistant director. The benefits are great and the staff cares about the children. Great place to work!!!
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Turnover
Working with children is definitely a passion that makes the job amazing
Lead teacher of the discovery two's classroom (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA5 March 2019
Kinder care offers an amazing opportunity to get to know children and their families. However, for the amount of work that we as childcare educators do in order to make sure that the children are well taken care of and taught, the amount that we get paid is not enough. There are times where we work 10 hours with 45 minutes to an hour of a break and it can become very draining and tiring. However, being that it is a passion, it has its moments where it is worth it.
Pros
Seeing the children grow and learn
Cons
Long hours, low pay, heavy workload
They do not really educate
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OK28 February 2019
Charged parent to much money for enrollment each year. charged to much for summer actives that they did with the children which most were free to the company. They advertised extra lessons such as cooking, phonics and music for a very high cost and did not come and take the children for those lessons. They advertised that they were educating children getting them ready for kindergarten. Was informed by a parent that when their child started kindergarten they were really behind on educational development. Again another corporate company out for the money.
Pros
Loved working with the infants
Cons
Cheated parents out of money
Corporate run childcare. Go local
Lead Teacher Preschool (Former Employee) –  United States16 February 2019
I love working with children. That said, there was no training, the position was not what I expected. Turnover is high, with good reason. Services for children go through the corporate structure first and many times when we call we have already been through all their suggestions. Takes a lot of time before we get local district help. Local management good but always stressed with corporate demands. No floaters so Director and AD are often in ratio so infrequent bathroom breaks. Difficulty getting time off on short notice. They try their best. Don’t get sick, you will have to work regardless. Classrooms have to be in ratio so children and teachers shift so you may not spend the day in your room. The curriculum is a bit random and not appropriate nationwide with weather constraints. You can enhance it however. Lack of toys and supplies the last few months of the year or if the attendance drops. Meal plan for kids is ok. Seems that corporate level hires business people not education people. Prefer my local run childcare.
Pros
Free CDA if you stay that long, insurance, employee buying progeam
Cons
Too many to list, read review then keep looking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8