KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Lead Teacher

Corporate run childcare. Go local
Lead Teacher Preschool (Former Employee) –  United States16 February 2019
I love working with children. That said, there was no training, the position was not what I expected. Turnover is high, with good reason. Services for children go through the corporate structure first and many times when we call we have already been through all their suggestions. Takes a lot of time before we get local district help. Local management good but always stressed with corporate demands. No floaters so Director and AD are often in ratio so infrequent bathroom breaks. Difficulty getting time off on short notice. They try their best. Don’t get sick, you will have to work regardless. Classrooms have to be in ratio so children and teachers shift so you may not spend the day in your room. The curriculum is a bit random and not appropriate nationwide with weather constraints. You can enhance it however. Lack of toys and supplies the last few months of the year or if the attendance drops. Meal plan for kids is ok. Seems that corporate level hires business people not education people. Prefer my local run childcare.
Pros
Free CDA if you stay that long, insurance, employee buying progeam
Cons
Too many to list, read review then keep looking
Not what i expected
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Everett, WA5 February 2019
Make sure you speak up when you are not comfortable with the group they put you in! I ended up in a position that now i am regreting. Lately, work has been very stressful
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Fast paced and Great Co Workers
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, IL31 January 2019
A typical day is busy. You learn time management and other qualities.I learned how to manage lesson plans better. The hardest part of the job is leaving. The most enjoyable is seeing the improvement in the children learning.
Horrible
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 2019030 January 2019
Management is horrible. They don't care about the staff, have blatant favorites, and change rules willy-nilly. There is no organization at all. Training sucks too. If you even get training, its useless and has nothing to do with an issue at hand.
Pros
Got my foot in the door for ECE
Cons
everything
Looks Can Be Deceiving
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJ16 January 2019
Although, I loved the children and families I worked with. The overall work place is an adult playground. My days were spent doing management jobs. no
Terrible management
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL30 December 2018
I don't know if management gets stressful from their supervisor. However, is a lack of communication, help, they have favoritism for those don't do anything, they just walk around the building or just sit in the office to talk with the director or assistant. Management doesn't keep anything to them. Sometimes you tell them something personal and they tell everybody in the building. You can't talk to the director because she starts crying and then is your fault because you make her cry. You don't get your 40 hours of work they always send you home. They only give it to the people they like(people that don't do anything).
I think if have better management the place can be better.
Pros
Good dental insurance
Cons
known for pay and work hours
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 December 2018
When management was changed it was okay in the beginning but when there became a teachers pet things started turning around. The center became embearable to work for, stressful, hours cut and messy.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Messy and uncontrollable to work, Stressful
Good Work Environment
Lead Teacher for Aftercare Program (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC30 November 2018
I love the people that I work with. They make you feel welcomed and needed and appreciate you and everything you do. They listen to your ideas and quick to help when needed.
Rewarding but stressful
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OR27 October 2018
Very busy and stressful job but not good pay. Decent benefits but chaotic days. Can be hard to communicate with management and is also hard to deal with other coworkers at times.
Pros
Benefits and flexible work hours
Cons
Low pay, no advancement
Eh
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO11 October 2018
Management and coworkers were pretty ok, pay sucks and hours suck. Communication is lacking and it’s a very fast paced high stress job. Great for temporary however would never consider it a career move. Changed my college major less than 6 months into being employed here from an early Childhood major to something different as this left me very jaded.
Pros
40 hours a week, kids, great insurance
Cons
No raises or opportunity for advancement
Terrible
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Round lake beach4 October 2018
Terrible company! Multi million dollar company but pays employees close to nothing. Management is also terrible all they care about is money . I do not recommend.
Pros
Kids, free lunch
Cons
Everything else
A typical Day
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJ13 September 2018
A typical day of work was to properly engage school age children in the before an after school program. from breakfast and getting them on the bus to designing curricula and engaging in structured play in the afternoons along with assisting children with their homework.
awesome chain to work with
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL13 September 2018
Highly organised, great staff, Professional and friendly. understanding to their staff needs and always a helping place, happy [place to work at with great management. Always encourage on going education.
great place
Lead teacher/ management (Former Employee) –  virgina29 August 2018
It was great place to work they really are more about the numbers thou then they are about the people that work for them. and they didn't know how to keep a main director
Kid lovers
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TX27 August 2018
I have worked there for not even a year and we had 3 mangers. The teachers do not stick around for long. Always something changing there. Co workers are great, managers aren't always.
KinderCare
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WI24 August 2018
I really enjoyed working at KinderCare Education Center. This was my first big child-care chain that I was working for and I was so excited. This company is great for teaching, being supportive, and advancement as you improve.
Pros
Education, Staff, Management
Cons
Pay, Can be 40+ hours
Use to love this place
PREKINDERGARTEN LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ18 August 2018
I loved working for KinderCare. I loved seeing all the beautiful kids everyday and growing such great bonds with their families and all of my students. But after a while i have realize KinderCare doesn't care about its employees. Our pay is very little and the benefits of having our child there isn't much. I love being a teacher and I love knowing every day i am changing a child's life. I just wish KinderCare would care more about their employees especially since we are the ones in a classroom every day doing the real work.
Pros
Changing kids lives
Cons
KinderCare doesn't care about their employees
A very productive work place where kids learn many different things
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA11 August 2018
Kindercare was a good place to work all the workers provided a fun loving nurturing environment for all age groups. I would recommend people to send they child to kindercare.
Pros
You get to meet many different families.
Kindercare only values profit
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR11 August 2018
Corporate brainwashing at its finest! I expressed my concerns with a superior on how the company doesn't hold the educational standard it promises to provide, and I was told that it's how corporations run things. Corporate office will come in and throw you a cookie. How about better pay and proper staffing?

They don't or take forever to provide supplies, which boggles me since every teacher is required to follow a kindercare developed lesson plan. There are no appropriate reading material, I spent a lot of my personal time going to the library. Reading is also extremely important to ece! Management is a joke. No guidance from the director or higher up. The worst thing of all is the hostile work environment. Management would talk about other teachers and pit us against one another. No responsibility. No organization. No morals. AVOID THIS PLACE!
Pros
Children, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great company, the worst management
Lead Teacher, staff training. (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FL6 August 2018
working for 2 years, the management is really bad, the don’t care about children. Only in how looks the school, the curriculum is overwhelming for the teachers, and only if you are friends with the management you can grow in the company, If you are a good teacher the used your talent but when they don’t need you anymore they fired you for a reason like , “ you not are a good fitting for the company “. Or the management start to cut your hours, until you finally decide to leave the company.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8