KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Lead Teacher

A great place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CA17 July 2018
The staff and management were great to work with, and I loved to work with my students and their families. It’s a fast paced environment, but had such a wonderful time working with everyone.
Awful experience
Prekindergarten Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA20 June 2018
My review is from the standpoint of a teacher AND parent of a child who attended the same facility I worked at.
Not only is the pay painfully low (the entire industry is this way- KCE is no different), but I was overworked, had ZERO support from management, high employee and student turnover, and no training or guidance.
The entire center was constantly low on supplies, toys and staff. We regularly ran out of food, general office supplies, and rarely had all the pieces to puzzles, games, etc.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Everything else
good staff
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NH19 June 2018
a typical daycare center. never really know how your day will go. meaning you were never in the same place. always in different room and children always are getting shuffled.
not good environment
LEAD DISCOVERY PRESCOOL TEACHER, PRESCHOOL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Eden Rd, lancaster13 June 2018
Children were out of control. Behaviors were not address.
Management had no idea how to handle anything. Raises were 2% yearly if you were lucky and no annual review was given.
Interesting Place to Work
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, IL31 May 2018
KinderCare is a cultured environment that presents a close family-like atmosphere. However, the pay is not the best and it is hard to get by on such a small salary.
Pros
Family-like atmosphere
Cons
Not given enough hours, little pay
Good atmosmosphere
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Monona, WI31 May 2018
Good place to work when you have children. Management is good. Hardest part of the job is getting along with the adults. The most enjoyable part is working with children.
quality educators beware!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  scottsdale1 May 2018
This company is so consumed with boasting that they are nationally accredited, yet they refuse to follow the standards of learning put forth by accreditation. All the company cares about is making money when what they should care about is creating a positive, supportive, learning experience for young minds. There is constant push back from the DMs about having too many hours for staff- this company sets forth unrealistic labor hours! We had children moving from one class to the next all day long for YEARS at a nationally accredited program because they refuse to staff rooms at a two teacher ratio unless it is packed full of children. They do not hire teachers who are fresh and educated, they keep the same old burnt out teachers and never give any quality professional development! I even payed 100/week out of a 400 or less paycheck for my daughter to be IN MY CLASS. so I cant say anything positive about the tuition discount either. I was given no raise upon completion of my CDA. I spent so much of my own money for my classroom and even on instances when i gave receipts and asked to be reimbursed i was not.This place has lost its' values and in turn is losing all its quality educators.
Pros
working with kids, families love you
Cons
everything about corporate run early childhood education
Not a happy Employee
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Union, OR17 April 2018
The most enjoyable part of the work place is to serve the kids and give them the best knowledge and more. Staying with the students helps to understand them and deliver a better service for the parents requirements.
Always stressful, money hungry
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ohio9 April 2018
Love interacting with most parents and children. Best part about the job. You weren’t able to call off. Most times I worked longer than management. Kindercare is the most unorganized company
Pros
Discounts in places, children
Cons
Long hours, no call offs, lazy, never understanding
I would not work for this company again
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  USC Universty Park Campus24 February 2018
The management was horrible, workplace was stressful, there was a lot of favoritism, non sufficient supplies, had to buy most of my own materials without being reimbursed
Pros
Met some very nice coworkers and parents
Cons
cliques, favoritism
Not an environment that is enjoyable to work in.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Michigan20 February 2018
Things are portrayed completely opposite of what they really are. Things are said literally just to get people to enroll or work there. Not a fair environment. More focus is placed on numbers rather than actual quality of care. There is a total disrespect for parents wishes, things are done behind parents backs.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Environment. Pay. Favoritism. Gossip. Lying to parents.
No support
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FL13 February 2018
Some “directors” don’t have their Drirector credential and upper management is okay with putting whoever’s name on the license. Director not supportive-can’t help in classroom because she’s never even been a teacher
Over 17 years with KinderCare...and counting!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MI4 February 2018
My center runs like a family. We work together to make a beautiful environment for each other and our families. The management we currently have is wonderful. Director is young, fresh and full of support. The AD has over 30 years with the company.
I love working for.KC and hope to for many more years.
Pros
Working with kids all day and a supportive staff/management.
Cons
Childcare is a little lower paying
stressful, fast paced, high turnover
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA31 January 2018
Very good benefits. Planned curriculum with set themes. Not emergent curriculum. I worked in a 3-4 years old classroom. Minimum opportunities for creativity. More like daycare. Not enough time to execute planned lessons. Children are shuffled frequently. you don't know who and how many will be in your class each morning. Your hours are cut frequently. I didn't like that it was uncertain as to what my paycheck would look like. Your hours vary every week. I don't know if this is different in other KinderCare facilities.
benefits
Cons
hours are cut, not emergent curriculum, poor management
Former employee
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, CT21 January 2018
Left because of there was no chance for promotion. Directors gossip with teachers and there was no confidentiality. I loved the families, and the center was school like.
Stay away
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CA10 January 2018
Do not work here. Not only is this the most unprofessional company, they don’t follow rules and their centers are beyond filthy. They must hire the most DUMBEST people to be in charge. I’ve been working in childcare for over 10 years and Ive never experienced a more grosser, unorganized, filthy place. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
So much, read above
Horrible don't ever work here!!!!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL7 January 2018
I worked at this company for about 7 years and I was not ever promoted to a higher position or offered any positions. I feel that the director of this company doesn't try to move up her staff.
Pros
Cons
No hours, rude management staff, high turnovers, district manager is not for teachers
My bad experience
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  , VA4 January 2018
favoritism, no real benefits,. Lack of training, no real activity planning, forced breaks. The Director is very rude parents complained about his attitude.district manager won’t listen to the teachers or any one the complaints .
What I learned
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN3 January 2018
Working at KCLC has provided me with knowledge on the do's and don'ts for a childcare center. There were many occasions where I had to learn how to operate the job through practice rather than being trained on the particular obstacle; which is not necessarily a bad thing. Overall, I have learned how to become even more of a leader through this job opportunity.
Kindercare
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH16 December 2017
Understaffed--So everyone is overworked. Can't take a day off without feeling like you're making everyone else work three times as hard. Stressful environment made worse from bad kids and difficult parents.
Pros
good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8