KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Lead Teacher

5 year employee
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA6 December 2017
I've been employed with this company now for 5 years. I have been in a few, very good centers, they are out there. The majority of the time I have been in ones I would never even dream of enrolling my child in. There is little to no room for advancement, you are paid minimum for maximum work, and the caddy drama is insane. Bad management and poor scheduling. Finding a schedule that allows you to work 40 hours a week is nonexistent. I have been actively searching for a new career path for the past year.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Having to go there everyday.
Face paced and chaotic
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI2 December 2017
I left KinderCare with lots of new knowledge and self growth as an individual. I do not have regrets working here, just will never work in child care again.
Pros
fun with kids, laugh all day
Cons
co workers, boss
Management clique, terrible communication
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Park, PA5 November 2017
The South Park Center is made up of a management “team” that is only worried about themselves. The CD, AD and program specialist are a clique, constantly bad mouthing other staff. The scheduling is inconsistent, and requesting off is a nightmare. Unless your management, you can take off whenever you want. The director can’t show up on time, and is constantly an hour-hour and a half late, when she’s supposed to start a 9:30am. Working there is even more difficult if you’re a parent. Staff children are forced to stay if they fall ill, which also spreads the germs.
Pros
Some friendships
Cons
Stress
Students and Teachers were not the center of attention
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA19 October 2017
Management was poor; if you complain you get what you want; hard-workers underappreciated while people on their cell phones all the time get paid more. Children are not given curriculum necessary and staff members gossip behind your back, especially management. Parent's are lied to and teachers are blamed by management when things don't go smoothly when it is their fault for poor implementation.
Pros
children; families
Cons
minimal break times, long hours, gossip central, under-appreciation for people who have degrees and want to teach
It was fine.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH6 September 2017
Only left because our center got shut down. Management was good and the kids even better. Small classrooms and an open floor plan was a plus. Only issue was troubling parents
Money driven company
Lead teacher baby room (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK25 July 2017
Some of the teachers are qualified, most of them are not. All the directors care about is money. Over filling classes, late hours with short breaks. It's too much for a person. Over worked and under paid and under staffed for sure. I would not take my kids here.
Pros
Fun Co workers
Cons
Money driven, late hours, horrible office.
Nothing is ever accomplished
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA18 May 2017
I was excited at first to work for this company and the kids are the only thing I have actually enjoyed about the place.
Staff members are sometimes extremely lazy and only get something accomplished if licensing came. Staff was also incompetent half of the time when it came to cleaning up the center.
Management was a mess and could not figure out how to get simple tasks accomplished. We're unable to also stay organized and made a lot of false promises.
Breaks are a joke and everyday is hectic and chaotic.

Plus you make 11-14 dollars or less an hour. Not worth the energy.
Pros
Great kids
Cons
Management, breaks that didn't happen, chaotic
Don't trust anyone
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MO13 January 2017
Management doesn't care about the teachers or the children. They only care about the money. Children are a dollar sign to them. No consistency ever. Sad the management team sees cash paying parents as being more valuable then those that receive money from state. The staff gossips behind everyone's back and lies about things that go on. Teachers are only out for themselves. The whole situation is sad and there is absolutely no support.
Pros
Half decent benefits
Cons
Kender care is a horrible place
Lead Two Year Old Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO20 December 2016
Kindercare is a place for people who want to earn Low pay poor hours and work with people we have no idea what early childhood education is I have worked with people who have little to no experience but make more money than me because they are related to the director or they are friends of the director
Pros
The only pro about Kender care is that it's a job
Cons
horrible breaks horrible director
Horrible mamagement
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richland, WA30 November 2016
Over the time that I have worked at Kindercare, I have witnessed unbelievable events that have caused me to reconsider my place of work. The management at the center where I worked was constantly disregarding licensing regulations where the staff would be over ratio, and the children in the classes would be mixed ratio. Because of the low-income budget, our facility would be out-of-stock in a numerous of supplies including basic cleaning solution and meals for the week. Not only was the facility completely unorganized, but the negativity coming from management was unbearable. On top of the negativity, the staff rarely got tens or lunches and the management would clock the workers in and out without bringing it to their attention. Overall, working at Kindercare has been one of the most inconsistent/inconsiderate place I have ever worked. Think twice before applying!
Cons
Inconsistent breaks, lack of communication, negative environment
Great staff, horrible management in Delafield
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Delafield, WI10 October 2016
Staff is not appreciated by the director. Hours are inconsistant and schedules are only produced the Friday before the week they are to be worked. Children are not the priority in the eyes of management, money is. Everything is made to "look" good to the parents and not for the development or education of the children.
Cons
Expensive benefits, punishes staff for taking their earned paid time off, no appreciation from management
Not Worth the Money
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX20 November 2015
The pay is terrible for what you are required to do. The curriculum plans are not age appropriate. Management is a joke and cooperate rules do not have the needs of the children in mind. Schedules can change daily if the center needs less teachers. If you need 40 hours each week- don't count on getting them here. Cooperate is terrified of paying overtime and your schedule will be short to compensate for getting out late occasionally. If you love children, stay far from here, this job will make you go crazy and hate children.
Pros
free food, nice co-workers
KinderCare Learning Centers
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OH16 November 2015
KinderCare is the perfect place to grow and learn the fundamentals of early childhood education. The lesson plans and curriculum are very detailed and provided. If an individual wants to further extend their education and career in this field, then one must uproot themselves from KinderCare.
Fun to work with
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  5 Mile, Beechmont15 March 2015
An enjoyable place to work for hardworking individuals.
Learned a lot!
Management good.
Co-workers good.
Taking care of everything inside the classroom.
Hug rewards from kids who learned something from me.
Pros
Monday through Friday work
Cons
Cutting hours.
i enjoyed this job
Program Coordinator/Lead BSAC Teacher (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NC11 March 2015
i hated i had to leave due to transportation. great team work and teachers. i had a great time working for this company. highly recommended
People are great to work with.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Glendale Heights, IL27 September 2014
People are wonderful. Location is not in the best area. The company is great.
Pros
Co workers are wonderful
Cons
bad location for me to get to every day