KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Be prepared to work 12 hours a day
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJ3 July 2019
As a Center Director, you are the only salaried staff member, so to avoid paying poorly compensated teachers overtime, the expectation is that you’re on site 60 hours a week. And good luck finding college grads willing to accept $13 an hour to teach. Benefits were very expensive.
Pros
Cons
No work-life balance
Awful
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA2 July 2019
DO NOT WORK HERE! It truly is the worst job you will ever have. If you are going to work at one in Cedar Rapids - please dont. Worst job EVER! They treat you poorly, the turn over rate is awful, most employees cry on their lunch breaks, people are constantly complaining, full of drama. A typical day at work is being used by managers, getting thrown under the bus, and being told you will have hour lunch breaks but they usually cut them to 30 because people call in EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I learned that management is awful, and do not care about anyone but themselves. Kids are treated poorly, and no one cares about anyone but themselves here. The hardest part of the job is the people you work with, it will BREAK YOU.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, management, everything
Horrible management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WA29 June 2019
Kindercare is a terrible place to work. The management is terrible and the bosses play favorites. They talk about their employees. Children are great.
The kids made the job worth it.
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC29 June 2019
I had a hard time adapting to the culture because the two directors were never on the same accord. We worked from 8-5 it was very stressful. It's not an environment I'd go back to.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Stress
Ever changing, fast paced working environment
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Medina, OH27 June 2019
I work at one of the centers in Medina.The management team holds the teachers to a very high level and the teachers are able to produce great quality driven results in the classroom. I love working for such a rewarding company. You don't need to hear from upper management that you are doing a great job, you can see it with the families loyalty and each child's growth and development. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a hardworking team that is dedicated, reliable, and passionate about early childhood education.
Do not waste your time here
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OH27 June 2019
At first during my interview they clearly had me fooled thinking this was going to be a great place to work and it wouldn't be like any other daycare. Well come to find out 2 weeks into it surely wasn't what I was sold on. The director at Dublin at park center is HORRIBLE she is probably the worst administrator I have ever came across, she refuses to go into classroom for help and if she does its for no more then 5 minutes. she makes you work OT but doesn't want to pay OT so she makes you take 2 hour breaks. She "forgets" to let you go to the bathroom or to bring you something and when there's an issue with staff members she refuses to address it she doesn't like conflict. She is very very fake and tries to act like she knows the parents and kids but she doesn't. She sits at her desk all day long pretending she cares. Be warned its a mess and so is the school and staff. The school is extremely dirty as well.
Pros
kids & families
If you like to be underpaid
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ohio27 June 2019
Kindercare is an overpriced "school" filled with kicking, screaming, spitting children. The directors do nothing to help the teachers with these children. The best part about this job is the health insurance.
If you have a short temper or anxiety this job is not for you. Also if you do not want to deal with 12 4-year olds at the same time this job is not for you.
Pros
health insurance
Horrible Place
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 1521927 June 2019
Super negative environment with people who don't know what they are doing. Management was clueless. Mandatory overtime (I worked 90+ hours) and when I asked for less, they explained they couldn't do it. High turnover. Great if you don't have a degree, I guess. If you are a serious professional, stay away. This isn't the place for you. Dreams come to die here. The kids are wonderful, but all the other aspects of the job make it a nightmare for anyone with goals in life. If you just want to coast by, go ahead and apply.
Children are only a dollar sign
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI27 June 2019
I worked for 5 years with KinderCare as a Center Director. Very little support from your district leader or the company in general. They claim to have your back but unless you are in good with your DL they will find any excuse to let you go. Believing all the lies your DL has told them. Wouldn’t recommend this job unless you want to turn every free moment you have over to the company.
poor management
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CT25 June 2019
I believe the management is poor and it is not a job worth all the stress that is caused. Management is also very selfish, and show favoritism and they are not shy about it either
Inappropriate and unsafe workplace
PM Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CT25 June 2019
Safety of children and teachers was always in jeopardy and never taken seriously. Children would be moved to developmentally inappropriate classrooms in order to get teachers to leave on time because there was never enough coverage. Children were sometimes kept in classrooms with illegal child to staff ratios.
Cons
Pressured to take an hour break to not get paid, supervisors never listened to safety concerns of teachers
really fun and enjoyable place to work at if you like to work with kids.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Scripps Ranch, CA24 June 2019
Well since I was just an intern there, I really enjoyed being with the kids for two hours and also enjoyed playing with them. Would love to work there one day as an employee.
Worked with amazing preschool teacher
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CA24 June 2019
I was lucky to have assisted an amazing preschool teacher. Children are not easy, but having someone you can rely on and is supportive makes it easier.
Horrible place to work at. Awful management.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MD22 June 2019
I started off at KinderCare as a assistant preschool teacher which for the most part I did enjoy. But out of nowhere management told me they are moving me to the infant room. I expressed to them that I do not want to switch and that I’ve already gotten very close with all of the kids. They did NOT care at all. They are very selfish and only care about money. All of the staff complained that they never care what they have to say. When I worked in the infant room, all the girls in there were very rude and stuck up. They never tried to have a conversation with me and basically just pretended I was not there. They also loved to talk about drama. Vety immature people. I highly suggest you do not work there.
Pros
The children
Cons
Poor management, rude coworkers, bad pay
Save your time. This is not the place to work at.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling20 June 2019
Very unprofessional. Usually at daycares there should always be one person with teaching credentials. Not at KCE. Anyone can “teach” there. Management is a joke. Only cares about one teacher and never listens to concerns of others. Lots of favoritism.
Pros
Building connections with the kids
Avoid kindercare in Indiana
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette Indiana16 June 2019
Horrible place to work. Not very safe for children. Not educational for children. Classrooms are old and dingy. Would not reccomend. It is poorly run and you are regularly over worked because they can’t keep staff
Great Team of Dedicated Teachers and Curriculum Provided
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NH16 June 2019
There was a strong team of dedicated workers who had been in their positions for many years. I was able to move from a float position to a Teacher 1 position after 1 year. The opportunity to learn appropriate curriculum was invaluable but you get what you put into the position. KinderCare went through many management changes as they tried to remake the business to improve enrollment after years of maintaining the status quo. It is a great place to work if you want to gain experience and skills. There was not always support in place for teachers, and training was minimal. I learned from studying the curriculum program, including writing observations and assessments using appropriate developmental standards and working collaboratively with peers. It was difficult at times to complete everything required so I prepared some curriculum at home. Good time-management skills and the ability to work effectively is needed. Felt there needed to be a classroom coordinator who would support teachers and engage in training as needed. The children and families were a bonus.
Fun work place love the camp and what the kids get to do.
Camp asst. For CHAMPIONS (Current Employee) –  Independence Square, FL16 June 2019
Overall, everyone is helpful and professional. So easy to get to my drug screening and fingerprinting and they paid for it. Just a nice place to work and i am learning a lot.
Pros
A great facility and great co workers and great kids.
Cons
nothing
Management doesn't care about anyone, just money
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OR15 June 2019
The company is so cheap, they don't care about staff or families. The pay is horrible and it doesn't matter whether you have a degree or not. Tuition gets raised for attending families all the time but employee pay never increases. They're so cheap with their money that you will never get over time (just longer lunches) and you will never have all the materials necessary for the required curriculum. You're not supposed to buy anything for your class and they're mad if you do. If you want to get something done in your classroom, you have to stay late on your own time. They will not pay you for any time spent preparing for curriculum or decorating the classroom for the theme of the month. You get yelled at if you even try to get something done with the kids are in the room. All of the staff are fake and talk behind each other's backs. Lunches aren't at a scheduled time and are always too late. Breaks are only ten minutes and forgotten about.
Cons
Short breaks
Challenging work environment.
Teacher at Champions (Current Employee) –  Katy, TX15 June 2019
It used to be a fun place to work where we would share our ideas and get to learn and meet talented teachers each day.With the right kind of help I would manage the classrooms and also support the newly hired Director and student teachers. I try to implement the curriculum as much as possible and use others ideas to help build a strong team at work.
Pros
Helps those in need for before and after school care for their kids.
Cons
No H.R training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8