KinderCare Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from KinderCare Education:

KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Great place to work for. Friendly and helpful staff. Everyday is different. Teachers are experienced and provide fun and challenging learning experiences for all age groups.
The children and co-workers are great, but there is no room for advancement and they do not compensate well. The curriculum is all given to you so there is not much room for creativity and variation
I applied through an online job board. There were some adjustment problems as I thought there would only be women employees (not that I am not ok about it) but the company is quite open minded and helps struggling individuals especially high schoolers with training and benefits as needed.It needs more communication and equality amongst its employees.
I would work anywhere other than Kindercare. The directors get bonuses if they cut cost like food and wages. You are over worked and under appriciated. The problem actually lands on the regional director and not the center director. They do not train properly and makes sure everything lies on the center director. You can't come help with 2 inch steletoes. Everyone there is disposable!!
When I first began working at kindercare, I was there without a goal and without a purpose. The job would always have you on your feet and that was the best part. Since you are working with children, you would never know what to expect in the following day. From playing with kids to teaching them art to helping them do their assignments, kindercare has it all!

I would do it all over again, it’s an experience money cannot buy!
This was the worst position I’ve ever held! 15+ people have quit in 3 months of being open. The directors only care about revenue, not supporting their teachers. Ten min breaks often are t long enough for breaks, teachers work through lunches and breaks and sometimes our breaks are often forgotten about. The teachers work really hard to make everything ‘KinderCare’ perfect but often the time we have to do so isn’t enough.
It was difficult to describe about a typical day at work here, because of the shortage employees, so I could cover a lot of duties, most of the time I worked as a floating teacher than a cook
Although they made it fun to work for, there are fake and deceitful people who work there. Do not make friends here. I was fired for something I shouldn't have been. I didn't know talking about your personal health issues were grounds for termination. The only thing good here is the benefits.
KinderCare Education is rooted in a profound respect for children, and providing them with the very best start in life is their purpose and their mission. KinderCare has a total commitment to educational excellence and the nation's very highest standards of care.
Very toxic environment to work in. Upper management changes on a regular basis and company focus changes with it. Everyone is in defense mode and is more concerned about covering there behind and trashing someone else for their failures.
Pros
Cons
To many to list.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KinderCare Education?
Working here was nice because I worked with several friendly people all the time. It was a casual place to work at and everyone was so helpful and worked as a team.
Don't come to this job expecting perfection. Even with their high achievements nationally there are things that could be worked on. Each facility gives a different feel which makes them stand out individually. Site location will play a big part in your experience. Overall, this company is very inclusive and reaches to meet as many needs as they can. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend to anyone looking to gain experience in the childcare field!
Management is terrible. Staff is very friendly and kind . The management makes it a very hard place to stay at. The families is what will keep you going g the longest . It might be a great place to work at if they would get a new director.
Some of the staff was friendly, kind and helpful. The frothy first two directors very good. The next directors was ok as well , but after the directors leave and promote the assistant director to directors . The center when down hill. Not that she didn’t know how to run a center, I think she did need more training, learn how to communicate better with the staff.
Pros
A flexible place to work, one can educate themselves while working.
Cons
Teacher work very hard for a little paid.
Very pleased and happy with my supervisor and team that I’m apart of!
Supervisor is very hands on and follows up on coaching improvements.

Supervisor and team members are very supportive and so is the NSC when you say what you need.
KinderCsre is a great place to work and they really care about their Director's work/life balance. They have great benefits for all employees, even part time exmployees.
The hours were LONG. One of the perks was that I could bring my little ones with me, but I never saw them, mainly because I was regularly there for 10-12+ hours per day. The scope of the job was fun - I enjoyed the organizational aspect and working with the kids and most of the staff. I have worked for private child care centers in the past and the experiences there were MUCH better, even though the pay was less. At the end of the day, quality of life and work/life balance are very important and KinderCare does not seem to take note of that.
HORRIBLE management. I would go in at 6am to open the building, and management would roll in around 8, while their employees would run the place. I also would get only a 30 minute break, IF THAT, and it would be at 9:30AM and I wouldn't leave work until 5:30 because theyd either forget about me, or just would say they didn't have anyone to send me home. But then they would leave before I would. Nobody above the directors care or take anything seriously. Its honestly a joke, and always incredibly understaffed. They would go around finding any reason to send a child home just to make ratio. They don't pay you enough for the amount they expect of you, and the long hours you put in go unnoticed. The only reason I stayed is because of the families.
The worst place to ever work for, management sucks, hours sucks, teachers aren't teachers because its more like they're babysitters, the pay sucks, too much drama like in high school. Out of ratios, babysitters walking around leaving the kids in the room alone. Don't I repeat don't work here!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and ofc some babysitters will treat your children's horrible.
It's an ok company but not the right fit for me.It was a alot of changes that took place and they were not in the best interest of the staff and for that reason I want to part ways with this company
KinderCare is for the dedicated advanced teacher. It is a place where staff are challenged but need to take initiative to work through the challenges. It is a great place to learn and grow but does not allow for much work life balance.
Pros
growth opportunities
Cons
no work-life balance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6