KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Stressful
lead teacher 4 year old (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA14 June 2019
At my location they were focused on making money versus providing quality daycare. Kids were moved around constantly and teachers sent home to satisfy ratios. There was more of an emphasis on how the room looked than how the kids were taken care of.
Pros
Full time hours with benefits, decent materials and curriculum
Cons
Stressful environment, lack of support, constant staff turn over
KinderCare
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MI13 June 2019
A Typical day here consists of the housekeeping of the facility, making of/ executing of routines, the care of and educating of young children. I learned the importance of the years birth to five and how much of an impact we have as early childcare providers. Management was good overall in house and at a corporate level, but there are many strengths and weaknesses that I noticed in-house. Workplace culture was a bit relaxed, felt like family, and a bit unprofessional because of that piece. The most enjoyable part of the job was the reassurance I received from growing and learning children and gaining the trust of the parents through good works.
Poor Management, No Communication
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GA12 June 2019
They cut your hours for no reason and they do not tell you why. Very secretive and rude towards all employees. The ratio was unfair and too much for one person to handle. Management would not help, they would watch you suffer and then threaten your job.
Great kids, not great management
Lead teacher (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA12 June 2019
While I enjoy my job and the children I work with, management is critical in unimportant areas, rude, sarcastic and pick clear favorites. Lots of gossip as it is a place of all women primarily. Co-workers are usually pretty good, but high turn over. Management will twist what they say to make themselves look like the good guys especially in front of their regional manager.
Pros
Free meals/snacks, co-workers, hour lunch
Cons
Great place to work for PT
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC9 June 2019
I loved working for Kindercare, the salary was good and everything, there just werent too many hours available to work. The children always had breaks and it was quite annoying for me because I wanted to be there engaging with them, making money.
Pros
Benefits, management, environment
Cons
Pay, hours
Do Not Work For This Company
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  North Carolina5 June 2019
Overworked for the money I was paid. It’s hard to have a work /life balance with this company. You also have to wait a full year before getting any paid time off such as sick time and vacation. We also had issues with maintaining staff.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Unappreciated, over enrolled
productive
Asst. Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Covington, WA5 June 2019
i would not put my kids in this day care at all they did not treat the staff very well. i know that other staff members wanted a chance a other things and they could not get it because of other people.
Not Much To Say
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN5 June 2019
I don't have much to say about this company. Its a job NOT a career.
It's perfect for people fresh out of high school but definitely not a career and with the low salary that they pay people you will not be able to make it on your own.
don't take your child there if you love them
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Totem Lake, WA3 June 2019
I worked at Kinder Care Totem lake for 16 months. Management was poor and the work place was dysfunctional. After a Left, one of the parents who still had their daughter enrolled there said it was like the inmates were running the prison. It got really bad. they charge huge fees and the children are not the first ones thought of, its how much money the company can make.
12 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience working at our Totem Lake location. Unfortunately, it sounds like the center you worked at wasn't living up to our service values or quality that we strive for. We admit that we aren't perfect but we will definitely look into the situation. If you would like to share additional information please send us an email KinderCarejobs@kc-education.com

- Derek, Talent Attraction Manager

Great for Beginners
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CA29 May 2019
I have worked with Kindercare for a very long time. They do not pay the best, the only positive are the children. Influencing each child is the most important and fufilling part of the job.
12 June 2019

Thank you for your service and dedication! Every year we invest in our teachers salaries and enhancing and expanding benefit offerings for our teaching staff. We hear you about concerns around your pay and we will take that information back to our Total Rewards team.

-Derek, Talent Attraction Manager

Love It
Early Childhood Director (Current Employee) –  Katy, TX28 May 2019
I love working here! Everyone is amazing and nice. Very supportive environment. The children learn alot. Teachers are able to enhance activites and ideas.
Benefits
Cons
Na
12 June 2019

We love this!! Thank you for providing a warm and welcoming classroom to our students in Katy, TX!

Avoid the Lexington MA Location
Center Cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MA28 May 2019
Hired to be the FULL-TIME Center Cook, when there was only enough work for maybe 4 hours per day. After I was hired, I was supposed to take on the role of cleaning the school because they could not keep a housekeeper employed. Kitchen lacked basic necessary supplies to appropriately do my job - I shouldn't have to supply my own kitchen towels or cutting board. Responsible for ordering food, which was extremely limited resulting in serving mostly frozen or canned food - not much fresh food and the same things over and over again. School is filthy and disgusting. Overflowing trash barrels everywhere. Ants everywhere. Teachers were lazy and kept their classrooms in shambles. Supply area for paper goods and cleaning supplies was a fire and safety hazard. Only thing positive was a decent salary - that is what lures you in to take the job initially.
Pros
commute
Cons
unsanitary work conditions, lack of supplies, poor quality of food to work with
Stressful workplace with little pay
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TX27 May 2019
The majority of the teachers had little love for the children and spent lots of time on their phones (Facebook, texting, and sometimes calls) while watching children. Management did their best but had little to no support from upper management.
Did not care for the children.
teacher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN26 May 2019
I was a float and was treated poorly. The administration was poor and very uncaring. The Memphis’ employees were going through a change and it reflected on the way they handled the children.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Lack of consistent handling the children.
Terrible
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI26 May 2019
I don’t like this company at all terrible treatment of staff not worth it if you want to be disappointed believe everything they tell you absolutely no support from the company for anything
Pros
Kids
Cons
Everything else
Fun, Stessful, Lack of Organized Management
Preschool Teacher/ Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA23 May 2019
Supervised ~10-20 children from ages 3-5 on weekdays after school from 3-7pm. Responsibilities included leading fun group activities, serving meals and snacks, and prepare and teach the preschool curricula such as phonics, alphabet, addition and subtraction, and other early learning materials.
Pros
Kids are fun
Cons
Constant shift in management, No benefits, Stressfull
Nice people, dedicated
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR22 May 2019
Corporate teams working hard to make best environment for their clients. Always looking to find new ways to improve the quality of service and minimize any issues with clients and the children they take care of.
Would not Recommend
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OH21 May 2019
I would not recommend this for employment or for child care only worked there a few short months and it was horrible. Staff did not care; Management did not care about anything; poor cleaning and always understaffed; low pay for the amount of work required; did not always follow state rules.
shocked
2's teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA 9270421 May 2019
the environment was always stressful with very little to no support and co-workers that were territorial.
There was always confusion and you never know your schedule ahead of time
Overall great place
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR20 May 2019
For the most part this is a great place to work. Great benefits, the culture is amazing, and high opportunity for growth. The company promotes from within, so once you are in there is a lot of room to move around and grow.
Pros
Growth opportunity, work/life balance, flexibility
Cons
Not great onboarding/training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8