KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

great place to work
floater (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TN 3707512 September 2019
Was the lead teacher of before and after school age kids. while they where in school during the day i gave coworkers lunch breaks. management was great when i worked there had nothing wrong when i worked there.
Kindercare Review
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR12 September 2019
Do not work here. The first couple months are pretty fun and easy, but it’s all downhill after that. I asked for a raise which I deserved multiple times and never recieved one. I was forced to come in multiple times when I was sick. I was forced to do tasks and jobs that were not mine to do. I was given a Teacher position but never received teacher pay. If I asked a question I was shamed. It’s truly an awful and negative place to work for. They take advantage of dependability.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
How employees are treated
Rewarding Experience
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA11 September 2019
Although there were many ups and downs of working for a corporate child care company, I believe that my experience was a positive one. I enjoyed my 2 plus years working as a Preschool teacher and was happy with the daily support I was given.
What is happening?
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TN10 September 2019
I have been with the company for over 15 years. In the past six years there has been a massive turnaround for upper management including district leaders, regional Vice Presidents, and it goes all the way to losing Wei-li Chong our former President. These changes made it possible to have a more transparent view of the company and improved the growth of the company; at the price of making our entire company retail childcare. If you can put up with being all about “sales” well then you should definitely join us, if you’d constantly explaining how children learn to your bosses and have them in turn tell you you need to call 40 more families to get them in the door- then run away.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Not child focused, it is the retail of childcare
Great company to work for.
A/P Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR9 September 2019
Worked in Portland. Pay was average to high by review increases. Enjoyed the uplifting atmosphere there. Several employee events and socials. All department collaborate with each other.
Pros
Free lunches. Casual to relax attire.
Cons
Benefits costly but on average.
#1 place to work
Phonics Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL8 September 2019
Wonderful place to work and great co-workers! Great hours and always busy with the children. Our Boss was always there to help us out. Staff is always willing to lend a hand.
Horrible place to work!
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR7 September 2019
This place is an absolute joke. They reel you in with "benefits" and "high pay." No! They don't care about employees they don't care for the kids.(Some days kids go without snack) and will confront you about things you say and do off clock at dinner with "coworkers" (meaning you can't even be yourself.) Lame company!
Pros
Pay
Cons
L A C K O F C O M M U N I C A T I O N. BIG TIME! And they are very money greedy
This place is amazing
Child Care (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK6 September 2019
Kindercare education is a really great place to take your kids there from the Director to the Staff they are all wonderful and nice people. I'm really happy to take my kids there every day.
Crazy but super friendly
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington State6 September 2019
Super Sweet staff and mangement. Being understaff[which causes so much stress and chaos], paying for my kid's daycare, and pay were my issues. You have to basically work over time if you want to get daycare for your child & make a decent profit.

Pro: friendly staff, mangement always there for you if you want to talk or need to vent , kids
Con: under staffed which caused a lack of consistency and major stress issues
Amazing ECE program
Center director (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA5 September 2019
Keeps you busy like most centers will. Definitely growing in a great direction with lots of support. Great leaders and room for advancement. Fun environment! Great ECE program. NAEYC accredited and rated high EA. Love this place!
Pros
Discounted child care is a huge plus. Never pay more the $455 a month, full benefits are fantastic
Cons
Work life balance is a struggle
Overall O K A Y
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA4 September 2019
High turn over rate of teachers. Barely room to grow. Management doesn't care, as long as the numbers and money is up. People you work with are awesome.
cut-throat multi-unit retail environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR3 September 2019
massive turnover in salaried positions at the HQ, entire marketing team laid off, President and Senior Vice President fired, saw at least 5 VP and above staff let go, out or ~ 15 total.
Look for another place
Site Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nevada1 September 2019
I'm going to keep this brief, even though I could write a whole book on how much I do not like this company. My main words to describe the culture of working here is: Hypocritical, bullying, favoritism, stressful and underpaid. Management doesn't know what to do half the time, and when they are doing something, it is usually filling your head up with empty promises. I do not recommend working here, even in the most dire of needs. Your mental health is greatly more important, than the stress of working here.
The management was horrible
Childcare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Humble, TX30 August 2019
I loved working with the employees at the time and the students were absolutely amazing. The management needed work. They never communicated and scheduling was always different.
Great workplace
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Harrison, OH29 August 2019
KinderCare is a very supportive company. I moved up from being a teacher to an Assistant Director. They like to promote from within, so there is opportunity for growth.
Okay
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OH29 August 2019
I loved what I did, but for the pay and benefits, it just wasn't worth it. It is work not just babysitting. Also a lot of paperwork ans assessments but got paid nearly nothing.
Dont apply.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA28 August 2019
They expect to much in very little time.
They talk about you behind your back.
When i left they were very rude about it.
3 hours a night. Or 330
They leave huge messes for you to clean up.
They dont leaves notes of flooded toilets.
Teachers kill flies or cockroaches and leave them for the housekeeper to clean up.
They tell you to something and then tell you something else or tell you i didnt tell you to do that. When you ask for more hours or even 30 mins you csnt get it.
Pros
You get more time to do stuff during the day
Cons
You get very little pay every 2 weeks.
Coworkers are great
Floater (Former Employee) –  Westfield, IN28 August 2019
Coworkers are great, management do not communicate. Work longer then scheduled hours, pay is low for what they expect as an employee. They cut hours without notifying employees, notified through a weekly memo. Coworkers were always friendly and most were team players.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management and Pay
Discrimination
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TX28 August 2019
There Human Resources sucks if you ever have with an issue. You will be terminated no questions asked. They hire people from the sales world to be District Managers who have no xlue about Ealry Childhood Education, its all about numbers instead of children.
Work here unless you want stress every day
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA27 August 2019
I have been relocated to three different childcare locations within the company and they're all the same. Cooked management, teachers unhappy. I regret leaving and going back to this company hoping management would be different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8