KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

I loved the families but management was new and needs more experience. I wasn’t helped when I asked questions and was undermined as an employee
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PA12 May 2019
Management was unhelpful, employees were unprofessional by using their phones and gossiping while watching the children. It wasn’t a safe environment. I enjoyed speaking to the families and learned a lot about kids there
Pros
I learned daycare routines
Cons
Management wasn’t professional
Great for someone in college.
Teacher • Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maple Valley, WA11 May 2019
I have worked at Kindercare for just under two years now. It is a great place to work while you are obtaining your degree in any field related to teaching. If you do not intend to work with children as your career, do not apply here. It is a very demanding job physically and emotionally. There are a lot of other jobs out there that do not have the risk of children not receiving proper care and education.
Pros
childcare benefits, great insurance
Cons
low wages for demand of job
Aberdeen Kindercare has a real team who cares about kids
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, NJ9 May 2019
Working at Aberdeen Kindercare has been both rewarding and challenging. The teachers and management really care about the kids and families they serve. Of course it can be stressful, we are working with children but it’s one of the most important jobs in the world. Shaping our future!!
Pros
Team environment. Caring staff
bad workplace!!! so sad
n/a (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MA4 May 2019
my opion is that the kindercare education is extremely stressfull there is not a good management at all!!!! the manager was afraid of confrontation and unprofessional to do her job she tried using the big and mighty and would talk the talk but not walk the walk . Center was always extremely tense and needs a balanced manager and stability and know how to hire the right people not just people left and right that actually have morals and want to teach children and value them and love to teach with creativity and love to think outside the box and have fun.
Pros
good deals with kindercare business
Cons
no respect, bad pay NO RAISES!, worked as slaves
Wish it was better.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin3 May 2019
Management would lie to parents. both enrolled and touring. No communication, Staff would fight, hours changed without being told. Management expected 10 hour days but wouldn't tell employees their hours change.
Corporate could be downright disrespectful. I was at a few centers. At one they didn't like an activity so they tore it down in front of staff, parents and children.
We had so many talented teachers burnt out and leave or get fired. People who had no write ups over decades let go with no warning. So many more children that could have been helped.
Pros
Employee Discount on Care
Cons
Disgusting Corporate ideas
Lead PK/Head Start teacher (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OH2 May 2019
The management is wonderful and flexible.
There is some room for advancement within company.
The average pay rate is low and the annual pay raises tend to be low.
Pros
Management, team work
Cons
Pay
Poor management and no benefits
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tribeca Kindercare28 April 2019
This place was poorly managed, teacher credentials were not considered when placing teachers in roles. Management controlled the pay scale hence she paid us what she felt. People with no degrees and little to no experience made more than people with several degrees and experience. We were made to clean the facility; scrubbing toilets, wiping walls and windows daily. The company offers no paid time off for the first year and sick time was accrued through NYS law which worked out to be a half hour earned a week. It takes a long time to earn a sick day. They don't close at any point in the year except the major federal holidays like Christmas, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence day, and Labor Day. I believe those were the only holidays, so if you wanted time off teachers, you take it with no pay. They also promised a schedule during your interview then keep you there well past your scheduled time, with no intention of finding coverage to relieve you, not even to allow you to go to the bathroom.
Pros
Flagship location
Cons
Administration, salary, benefits
Do not apply here
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA26 April 2019
Poor management, disrespectful and messy center..all the mess start with management!! They do not care about their workers and treat yu poorly so I wouldn’t recommend
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Everything else
Lots of Talking and Quick Fixes
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR25 April 2019
Some teams seem like they get along. Think I just got a bad manager. He talked his way into a job role he wasn't technically skilled for. (The only way to get promoted.) As such, best practices were just out the window. We'd meet and he'd come up with some hack solution that I'd have to then make happen somehow. The manager to employee ratio is almost 1:1. Be ready to be at the daily whim of your boss.
Someone they hired around the same time as me is doing well there. She sits next to the manager and giggles at everything he says. I think she will be promoted soon.

The cool people at work know it's a mess. They've just learned to live with it. You crack a joke or two. Prepare all week for your performance in the meetings. (The only way to get promoted.) And hope you make it through the next round of layoffs. As actual work holds no merit, this is the dance.
Pros
Talkative
Benefits
Worst place too work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MI24 April 2019
This place will brake you down. Management doesn’t care much about the works. Rude and never knows what is going on. KinderCare as a whole doesn’t care much about the staff. Long over worked day. Some with no brake or shortened. Not much support from management with students. Stressful.. under payed, and usually under staffed. I would never recommend someone to work here.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Management, long hours, under payed, under staffed
Crazy
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA24 April 2019
They have too many children and not enough teachers. You basically spend the whole day at the daycare. The children are amazing and you gain leadership qualities really fast.
Kindercare
K12 Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, IL24 April 2019
Love working with kids. Staff member great. Needs better compensation. I would essential be a teacher, a bus driver, a cook, and a janitor for not very much money.
Great Place to Grow
School Director / District Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Cary, NC23 April 2019
Great Place to Grow , learn and develop in to a good leader, Good starter position for teachers coming out of school. Check out KCE Careers for openings.
would not recommend
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN23 April 2019
wouldn't recommend this place to work here or send children there. the management only cares about themselves and making bonus's and do not listen to the teachers.
Not much advancement and low pay
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 April 2019
Pay was very low and required much more work than work the pay. Often times things were changed lat minute and you are not informed. They also had health violations.
Don’t work for this company
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medina, OH20 April 2019
I worked two different Kindercares as a Toddler Teacher and floater. By far the worst daycare ever.
My hours would be cut or I’d have to stay longer after a 9 hour day. Mangers didn’t care about rude children or difficult parents. Benefits aren’t the best.
Location I worked at in Medina was disgusting, filthy and so gross for children.

It’s sad, I wouldn’t recommend anyone taking their child to Kindercare.
Pros
Having a relationship with the kids
Cons
A lot. Management, PAY and lack of sympathy
Good for short-term employment/ filler job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK18 April 2019
Kindercare is a great part-time employment opportunity for short-term employment. I would NOT recommend long term employment with Kindercare. Management is alright–if at times, oblivious and short-sighted. Raises are non-existent and pay is inconsistent between new hires and experienced workers. It is recommended you look elsewhere if you have a degree in education. The pay that is offered for those with a degree here is laughable and downright disrespectful. This job has a high turnover and many employees look for other jobs due to low pay and unhappiness with positions offered. As a lead teacher, I would not get the supplies I needed to teach lessons out of the REQUIRED curriculum.
Cons
short breaks, low pay, inconsistency
Run.
teacher (Former Employee) –  Illinois18 April 2019
This place will emotionally drain you. Its not the children, it's management, the lack of routine, inconsistency in teachers in classrooms. Management can be quite emotionally abusive if you're not a favorite. The amount of pay is not worth doing all this or staying here.
excellent
TODDLER AND THREE YEAR OLD LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA18 April 2019
Typical day is kids coming in and greeting them with lots of love and making them yours for the hours there. What I learned is to gain the trust of child and parents. Management is different in all centers.The hardest part of working in child care is getting attach to the kids and seeing them leave. The most enjoyable part of child care is watching them learn and grow
experience assistant
assistant (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA16 April 2019
the environment is very professional everyone help one other when needed i worked in the two year old room and the infant room an long with toddlers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8