KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Assistant Teacher

Be ready to really work hard and be exhausted each day!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Culpeper7 November 2019
Things started out okay at Kindercare Education. I had high hopes about my new career and getting back into the work force full time! It would take me a long time to describe everything that went wrong during my work experience here but I'll mention a few things. I did not feel like the pay matched the work requirements. I learned that training was going to be self taught and minimal. Then the directors were too overwhelmed to properly assist their teachers with daily aid. I felt like many people disliked their job which just added to the negative energy in the place. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was those special moments with the children because caring for them became what made everything else bearable. In the end, the hours and the work load were too strenuous on me having a family of my own to come home to. I will miss the children there but that is all I miss!
Teacher aide room to move up .
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MI5 November 2019
Working with all women . To much DRAMA . Going on . People talking behind everyones back and not working together on the same page. But their was always room to move up and learn .
The company
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL4 November 2019
The people at kindercare were so nice and welcoming. I enjoyed spending my time there and the experience was great. I’m so glad I got to spend time with the whole staff.
Absolutely the worst pacle to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH21 October 2019
Management was too full of themselves to deal with any of the teachers concerns or issues. So many behavior issues that were not handled properly by management. Not to mention the teachers physically hurt the children, and Management was aware. The food is awful, and if the kids don't like it, they just don't feed the children. Would NEVER recommend a Kindercare for anyone to work, nor send your children.
Pros
Some kids were nice, pay was also nice.
Cons
poor management, horrible staff drama, lack of concern for teachers well being, etc.
Unhealthy Work Environment
Assistant Teacher/Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA30 September 2019
Working for KinderCare was one of the most negative work experiences I've had. The center directors had no control or organization within the workplace. New employees were walked upon and no respect was provided from management. The kids were always stressed because of the high turnover rate of teachers. Every classroom was run differently and there was no set structure that was to be followed. There was no organization tactic for important documents and testing was never taught to new teachers, they were just expected to know how to. Classrooms were never cleaned when they should have been because they were always understaffed.
Bad managment, bad attitude to the workers
Assist teacher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK28 September 2019
Bad management, bad attitude to the workers. They can give you no lunch break, don't let you leave even if you have 100 F. If you have some vision about how it can work better or have some question to your manager about some thig in your location they tell you: if you don't like you can leave right now.
A collaborative work enviroment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PA27 September 2019
You start when you are schedualed and go to your classroom. The children that come early recieve breakfast and play with toys. Depending on weather the children go outside before having circle time. After circle time is when lesson activities happen. Lunch is served by the teacher to the children one by one or family style depending upon the age of the students. Naptime happens after lunch during which one hour breaks are given to the teacher one at a time. Snack is given when the children wake up and then if weather is nice are taken back outside or if not they play with toys. Usually after nap parents start arriving to pick up the children. Towards the end of the day cleaning of the rooms is done.
I have learned a lot from this job with class managment and working with young children. I really enjoyed interacting with the children but that doesn't happen much when you have children that need extra support that don't have it. Overall I really enjoyed the environment of the kindercare center that I was at.
Kindercare Review
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR12 September 2019
Do not work here. The first couple months are pretty fun and easy, but it’s all downhill after that. I asked for a raise which I deserved multiple times and never recieved one. I was forced to come in multiple times when I was sick. I was forced to do tasks and jobs that were not mine to do. I was given a Teacher position but never received teacher pay. If I asked a question I was shamed. It’s truly an awful and negative place to work for. They take advantage of dependability.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
How employees are treated
Definitely not the place to work.
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MN22 August 2019
As a former employee I think the place is disgusting. Parents who bring their kids there pay a lot for them to get screamed at all day. (Roseville location). We were never properly staffed. No sick pay. I threw up at work once and was told I couldn’t go home. I left anyways. Pay suck. I do not recommend this place to anyone. Lots of verbal and some physical abuse.
Great place to start a career
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA22 August 2019
I work with great people! I’m pretty sure I just got lucky with this specific center but I’m glad to work at KinderCare. I’ve never before gotten along with ALL my co workers and this is because of communication which is very big here. They actually take time to help new comers and welcome them. The parents are involved and all the teachers look out for each other it’s great when everyone comes together. I’ve learned so much and it’s good for career advancement if you’re looking for a profession with children. My director has helped me with different training classes and certifications plus credits toward my degree. I don’t see myself leaving anytime soon
Enjoying it
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL18 August 2019
Over all experience is very Nice. Staff and management is pretty good. Loved working with kids and got great help and support from teachers and Staff.
Review
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA11 July 2019
Management was great , coworkers great as well , Job was a little to stressful , you have about 10 children running around screaming just wasn’t what I was expecting.
Crazy
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA24 April 2019
They have too many children and not enough teachers. You basically spend the whole day at the daycare. The children are amazing and you gain leadership qualities really fast.
n/a
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA31 March 2019
There is not really anything that I would like to say about my time at this specific center. I did not have the greatest experience, so that is all I want to say.
Don’t care about employees
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Illinois20 March 2019
They don’t even ask if you can stay longer or work certain hours just demand you do. They don’t care if you have a family or other obligations just money. They keep welcoming more families when they don’t have the staff to take care of the kids. They don’t tell you when you will be working you find out day to day you never know in advance.
Pros
Awsome kids, pay for CDA
Cons
Poor Managment, poor staffing, and poor pay
Awesome place to work at and the other teachers were great if I had any questions
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WI28 February 2019
Loved working with the kids. The directors and the other teachers were amazing and very helpful. The parents were also very nice. Would recommend working there
Okay
Assistant Teacher/Lead (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MI27 February 2019
The children were great.
The teachers were great.
management was honorable they had a major problem with the staff of color and parents of color. they also body shamed me while I was on the job.
Pros
teaching children
Cons
management
Wouldnt work here
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  california20 February 2019
not a great company to work for. poor ,management. no options for advancement. favoritism of workers over others. ew teachers get paid more than seasoned teachers.
Lack of Job Advancements
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TX9 February 2019
I gave my manager a 3 months notice for wish to change from part time to full time with no success. Hours very day by day and I am often called in early so it is hard to plan my day. I constantly have to beg for more hours and get left to do the hard work each day.
Pros
Long breaks, free food
Cons
Lack of job advancements
Do Not Work Here
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI2 January 2019
I worked here for a solid 2-3 months and I regret even clicking on the application.

Teachers are severely underpaid, the person who trained me made 10.60 an hour while I was hired at 12.80 an hour.

The majority of people who work here are underpaid and even worse if you have a degree. There was a lovely woman who had gone to get her bachelors degree with the hopes to get a decent raise, as hinted at by management.

Once she finally graduated, they offered a single dollar as a raise. One Dollar for a Bachelor's Degree. This would put up her total hourly wage at 13 dollars an hour after 11 years of service.

They also charge ridiculous rates, if I remember correctly they charged 450 a week to take care of an infant. 450 A WEEK.

Their teachers hardly are able to afford to put their own kids in this program WITH the "employee discount".

This place is great for college students, the schedules can be flexible but don't plan on doing anything because they will hold you against your will until they are in ratio.

It wasn't uncommon for someone who came in at 7AM to stay until closing (6PM) because of how many kids were there and they had to stay within ratio.

Just don't bother, this company is not for those who want a genuine career.
Pros
Flexible Schedules for College Students
Cons
Management, Pay, Everything under the sun. Don't apply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8