KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Assistant Teacher

Enjoying it
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL18 August 2019
Over all experience is very Nice. Staff and management is pretty good. Loved working with kids and got great help and support from teachers and Staff.
Review
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA11 July 2019
Management was great , coworkers great as well , Job was a little to stressful , you have about 10 children running around screaming just wasn’t what I was expecting.
Crazy
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA24 April 2019
They have too many children and not enough teachers. You basically spend the whole day at the daycare. The children are amazing and you gain leadership qualities really fast.
n/a
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA31 March 2019
There is not really anything that I would like to say about my time at this specific center. I did not have the greatest experience, so that is all I want to say.
Don’t care about employees
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Illinois20 March 2019
They don’t even ask if you can stay longer or work certain hours just demand you do. They don’t care if you have a family or other obligations just money. They keep welcoming more families when they don’t have the staff to take care of the kids. They don’t tell you when you will be working you find out day to day you never know in advance.
Pros
Awsome kids, pay for CDA
Cons
Poor Managment, poor staffing, and poor pay
Awesome place to work at and the other teachers were great if I had any questions
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WI28 February 2019
Loved working with the kids. The directors and the other teachers were amazing and very helpful. The parents were also very nice. Would recommend working there
Okay
Assistant Teacher/Lead (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MI27 February 2019
The children were great.
The teachers were great.
management was honorable they had a major problem with the staff of color and parents of color. they also body shamed me while I was on the job.
Pros
teaching children
Cons
management
Wouldnt work here
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  california20 February 2019
not a great company to work for. poor ,management. no options for advancement. favoritism of workers over others. ew teachers get paid more than seasoned teachers.
Lack of Job Advancements
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TX9 February 2019
I gave my manager a 3 months notice for wish to change from part time to full time with no success. Hours very day by day and I am often called in early so it is hard to plan my day. I constantly have to beg for more hours and get left to do the hard work each day.
Pros
Long breaks, free food
Cons
Lack of job advancements
Do Not Work Here
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI2 January 2019
I worked here for a solid 2-3 months and I regret even clicking on the application.

Teachers are severely underpaid, the person who trained me made 10.60 an hour while I was hired at 12.80 an hour.

The majority of people who work here are underpaid and even worse if you have a degree. There was a lovely woman who had gone to get her bachelors degree with the hopes to get a decent raise, as hinted at by management.

Once she finally graduated, they offered a single dollar as a raise. One Dollar for a Bachelor's Degree. This would put up her total hourly wage at 13 dollars an hour after 11 years of service.

They also charge ridiculous rates, if I remember correctly they charged 450 a week to take care of an infant. 450 A WEEK.

Their teachers hardly are able to afford to put their own kids in this program WITH the "employee discount".

This place is great for college students, the schedules can be flexible but don't plan on doing anything because they will hold you against your will until they are in ratio.

It wasn't uncommon for someone who came in at 7AM to stay until closing (6PM) because of how many kids were there and they had to stay within ratio.

Just don't bother, this company is not for those who want a genuine career.
Pros
Flexible Schedules for College Students
Cons
Management, Pay, Everything under the sun. Don't apply.
Amazing environment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO27 December 2018
Such a wonderful facility, lots of communication between you, other employees, and management. Able to complet5e a lot of the certification with the company and help of management.
Pros
Amazing kids and facility
Cons
Daily organization
Fun work place. Passionate
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH17 December 2018
I love working with children! You can have a different experience from center to center. It’s not about pay when it comes to taking care of people, you have to have the passion to succeed in an educative workplace.
Fun if you enjoy working with kids
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CT15 December 2018
Typical day is signing in kids in the morning, morning snack, circle time, play outside, lunch, nap, free time with potty times in between. We do arts and crafts and curriculum .
Pros
when the kids love you, christmas time parents bring food and gifts for us
Cons
screaming kids, diaper changes, tantrums
Poor management, a lot of gossiping rumors, more focused on rumors then kids, did not follow licensing rules
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 December 2018
I worked at kindercare for not even 2 months. I seen so many things that went against my moral code. Kids being forgotten on the playground not informing licensing or the parent, alcohol brought to a thanksgiving party, lots of rumors and gossiping amongst management and teachers, teachers FaceTiming while working with kids, teachers getting into verbal arguments with parents, teachers telling other teachers that bring there kids there that they aren’t babysitters that you can’t bring your child unless your at work, the cook being able to adjust other employees time clocks without there permission, teachers saying they put kids in the closet with the lights off when they misbehave. I mean and the list goes on mind you I’ve seen and witnessed all of this for only working there a month and a half. Do not work here if you have a heart. The money that they pay isn’t worth it and any parent who thinks there child is in good hands here there not run and run fast. This was the worst of the worst I wouldn’t even bring my dog to a place like kindercare
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad
I would rather not comment
Assistant Director/Center Director/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR14 December 2018
I would rather not comment on my prior job assignment or on the company. I left to do a career change and that is all I would like to mention.
Thank you.
A Company that cares for ALL
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IA8 December 2018
I love working at my Kindercare Center. It is organized chaos. You're working with KIDS. Kindercare helps you advance. They PAY for your CDA. Those classes are worth $1,500. Not to mention the books and the test. They also help you with advance education. They provide professional development. You personal and vacation time after a year. Which in my oppinion is fair. You need to earn that benefit. I've worked at places that don't offer that. And they provide raises.
I love my co-workers. They have my back. Amazing coaching. The kids are incredible and so are the parents. Its nice to feel valued by your peers, your clients and management. My director is a true leader because she never expects us do do something she wouldn't do herself. If there is something i need or feel is lacking all I have to do is talk to her and she does her best to make it happen. She doesn't have a Mary Poppins bag but if its in her power to meet the need she will and she even goes above to try ans make it happen.
Another thing I love about Kindercare is they don't push you into something you are not ready for. If you want more responsibilities let them know. And they work with you to get you where you want to be.
I would recommend the Kindercare in Bettendorf to ANYONE.
Pros
Cons
Not being able to order more shirts
It was a wonderful program to work at. I miss it alot.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 November 2018
I love working with Children. It is very rewarding helping to nurture young minds.It is a great place for academic and socialization for kids. A safe and secure environment.
Pros
Good hours, great coworkers, good kids program
Cons
I didn't experience any cons
Fast pace environment but poor management and low pay.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Illinois6 November 2018
The over crowdedness in each classroom is ridiculous when you don't have enough teachers. Kids are always getting moved into different classrooms. Management will do almost anything not to be in a classroom and help you out. And the raises you get on your paycheck is joke.
Cons
Healthcare, poor management, pay
Fun workplace
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI23 October 2018
Great place to work at the staff is very welcoming and amazing. The teachers really care for the children and the staff. It is a fun positive environment.
Pros
Staff
Not so great
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, oh16 October 2018
So working at kindercare on W. Broad street was honestly the worst place. And I'm not just saying to because I left. I'm saying this because my director TRIED not to do anything about a teacher kicking a child. Yes. I said a teacher kicked a child and she still had her job because we needed teachers at the time.
Pros
Benefits they provide, schedules, 401k.
Cons
Poor management, poor choice of teacher.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8