KinderCare Education Employee Reviews for Center Director

Lack of family connection
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH24 September 2019
Upper management is horribly misguided and lacks common knowledge of support and authenticity at the leadership level. The company is truly falling apart at the seams. Parents and families are pressured to pay for additional “learning” experiences, on top of tuition, for enrichment programs that they are promised exist in their running curriculum. Your families are not part of the KC family - they are merely numbers on a P&L.
Pros
Benefits are good but expensive
Cons
Job insecurity, no advancement, adult cliques, lack of current technology available, CD meetings were often at bars or based on drinking/gossiping.
Company that cares for its employees
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Katy, TX17 September 2019
The company makes efforts to show their employees they care through monetary incentives, work bonus incentives and being very present in the lives of each and every employee
What is happening?
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TN10 September 2019
I have been with the company for over 15 years. In the past six years there has been a massive turnaround for upper management including district leaders, regional Vice Presidents, and it goes all the way to losing Wei-li Chong our former President. These changes made it possible to have a more transparent view of the company and improved the growth of the company; at the price of making our entire company retail childcare. If you can put up with being all about “sales” well then you should definitely join us, if you’d constantly explaining how children learn to your bosses and have them in turn tell you you need to call 40 more families to get them in the door- then run away.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Not child focused, it is the retail of childcare
Amazing ECE program
Center director (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA5 September 2019
Keeps you busy like most centers will. Definitely growing in a great direction with lots of support. Great leaders and room for advancement. Fun environment! Great ECE program. NAEYC accredited and rated high EA. Love this place!
Pros
Discounted child care is a huge plus. Never pay more the $455 a month, full benefits are fantastic
Cons
Work life balance is a struggle
Horrible.
Center Director/ Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MD24 August 2019
The focus is not in the children, families, or staff. The focus is on making a profit for the company. The majority of your time as center management is competing with other center in your area and how to maximize profit off the families enrolled and cutting staff hours etc. There is no accountability for center directors when they are doing things that are unethical (which was reported by myself and numerous staff). Overall nothing about this company is about the education of children and well being of staff and the families that are served.
Family like work environment!
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO27 July 2019
Great organization to work for! Curriculum is easy for teachers to implement, and children are growing and thriving. The Kindercare App is truly life changing!
Be prepared to work 12 hours a day
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJ3 July 2019
As a Center Director, you are the only salaried staff member, so to avoid paying poorly compensated teachers overtime, the expectation is that you’re on site 60 hours a week. And good luck finding college grads willing to accept $13 an hour to teach. Benefits were very expensive.
Pros
Cons
No work-life balance
Children are only a dollar sign
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI27 June 2019
I worked for 5 years with KinderCare as a Center Director. Very little support from your district leader or the company in general. They claim to have your back but unless you are in good with your DL they will find any excuse to let you go. Believing all the lies your DL has told them. Wouldn’t recommend this job unless you want to turn every free moment you have over to the company.
Team oriented but long hours
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MA8 April 2019
My center was busy, but not thriving. I feel that I was supported for the most part to make a difference. Working 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM was not uncommon, and as the center director you do not make OT. This is not only at this corporation, it is everywhere in the child care field. I have never felt more appreciated for the amount of work I do, but financially and work/life balance wise, this is difficult to achieve.
Really Nice Company
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN25 March 2019
Pay is pretty good, they will help you advance in your career if you put in your fair share of effort. Child Care perk for employees is very good. Health and Safety of the children is always the companies main focus.
Pros
Focused on health and safety
Cons
Staffing can be an issue
Rewarding
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN21 March 2019
My time with Kindercare as a teacher had its ups and downs but the children are truly what made my job rewarding. As i got into upper management I struggled with getting the support I needed from my supervisor. It eventually led to me giving my notice after 4 years and relocating to a new state.
Pros
Building relationships with staff, children and families
Cons
Racial issues, not enough support from upper management
Nice place to work
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Geoegia21 March 2019
Great Company to work for. Very flexible with work hours. They do not micromanage and they provide plenty of tools to be a success. Good staff and overall a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Childcare discount
KinderCare is a company of giant magnitude
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Westchester, IL5 February 2019
The most enjoyable part of my role as Center Director is making daily contributions to the lives of the children and families we serve. I also greatly enjoy team building and ensuring classroom teachers have the tools they need to be successful in their roles.
Fun workplace to be with children.
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL3 February 2019
Pros: It was an overall fun workplace to be with children and families. Coworkers and school administration are nice to work with. Cons: Pay is a little too small for directors and assistants, families are always having trouble with their accounts or something to do with online (glitches), the FMS system is laggy and slow but the IT department are great so that kind of makes up for it.
Great Place
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA26 November 2018
Great place to work. I feel you can learn and benefit from this company a lot. The management in this company wants you to be successful and goes out of their way to make sure that happens.
Pros
Education and learning
Cons
heavy work hours
Working for KinderCare
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Illinois16 October 2018
KinderCare is a wonderful organization when it come to early childhood education. But as for its employees, I don't truly believe that the upper management listens to its front lines. It can be a wonderful place to work, but it does not take to time to see what is truly happening in the centers.
Good place to work if you are there for the right reasons.
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH1 October 2018
The day is never the same. Sometimes you get inconsistent messages from management. Good pay and family work life balance. The best part is the kids and working with other teachers and staff members.
great people at my location
Assistant Center Director (Current Employee) –  Burke, VA22 August 2018
lots of turn over. Corporate main focus is revenue. families are great carrying. most of directors are great, the DM's forget whats important sometimes.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not room for advancement
Summary
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Allen, TX16 May 2018
Summary
Open-minded Center Director, talented at incorporating a blend of traditional and progressive
techniques into daily activities. Facilitates clear communication between children, parents and fellow
staff. Specializing in child psychology and development.Able to plan and implement various activities
for promoting physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth of children.Recognizes the
importance of the parent-child bond and believes in regularly communicating with each parent and
understanding each individual family need.
sorry not sorry
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 April 2018
Upon accepting this position I was so hopeful for the opportunity to grow. Within 18 months of employment I am already burnt out. As an administrator I am ashamed of what we pay our teachers
Pros
national company
Cons
false advertised growth opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8